Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I have a quick question about ec meters.
I assume that I can calibrate them to any ec solution? I noticed that the Blue Lab is 2.77 ec and the HM ec pens use solution that is 3+ec.
Also do you think the ec meter is the way to go or would a TDS meter be better?
I think I remember reading something about ec being more universal?
If you have a brand that has been reliable please send the name my way.

I'll figure it out....or....not.
FFS. I feel so lost right now.

Aren't we all... I'm lost all the time. :laughtwo:

Something that you really truly enjoy. :love:

Hope so too, just don't know what yet... I'm probably very good at stuff but having hard seeing what myself.

I'll order a ppm or ec meter asap. Don't have one of those yet.

Also do you think the ec meter is the way to go or would a TDS meter be better?

It's basically the same thing with different units of it, I have a meter that converts readings between those two. It's cheap and fairly accurate, I did a controlled measurement at work with a chemical test of EC on processed water at the plant and it was only off a few decimal points. This one is called Adwa EC/TDS meter. These meters come with different calibrations so be sure to get a solution with the right resolution for the meter you choose.

Aren't we all... I'm lost all the time. :laughtwo:

Hope so too, just don't know what yet... I'm probably very good at stuff but having hard seeing what myself.

It's basically the same thing with different units of it, I have a meter that converts readings between those two. It's cheap and fairly accurate, I did a controlled measurement at work with a chemical test of EC on processed water at the plant and it was only off a few decimal points. This one is called Adwa EC/TDS meter. These meters come with different calibrations so be sure to get a solution with the right resolution for the meter you choose.
Darn. Was hoping I could use that ec calibration fluid. It's probably specific to Blue Lab and I'm not willing to pay $80 for an ec pen. Even if I were to buy something expensive, it's not gonna be a Blue Lab. I would go with Apera instead.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

I need to find something to do as well. Not sure what either. Good luck to us!! :love: :laughtwo:

Mmmm. Bubbalicious. That brings back memories!
Makes me want to tight roll my Girbaud jeans and listen to Lucky Star. :laughtwo:

Wowie wow, VG that’s some fine ladies you have raised there!
Thanks.
Still a work in progress until they are cured. Have to see what this Sour D does. The big GZ may be beyond help. Just limp that one over the finish line.

Damm, my smell o vision is playing up again... Please describe it to me :yummy: They look amazing VG congrats to you :peace:
Highya C.
The easiest way...
It smells like classic pink bubble gum.
It really caught me off guard. Hope the Diesel comes on strong later.
Thanks for coming through and checking things out!:ciao:

Hey y'all. Got a small project crossed off my list. Built some badly needed shelves for my room.
Now I'm trying to muster up the energy to transplant the WSE girls. Maybe I'll leave that for tomorrow. I've been up since 3 am and I'm starting to crash out. Don't need to make any stupid mistakes.

Still have to make some dinner yet.
Better hit some Ammy.
BTW her final cure scent is cat urine. Oh Joy!!
I catch a whiff on my hands and briefly wonder why I smell like pee pee.
Then I quickly forget until the next time it happens again. Vicious circle.:laughtwo:

If you have a brand that has been reliable please send the name my way.
My last meter did both (fairly accurate) and was inexpensive. It was made by one of the same Chinese companies that makes the cheap yellow pH meters, but this one was purple IIRC.

Sorry to hear about the troubles VG!

Echoing what Mr S (who also witnessed me try this) said, dolomite lime is probably not going to do much to help in the relatively short time your plants have left, and isn't ideal because of the magnesium to calcium ratio. It takes a while to cook and there's a risk of imbalance.

Let's see what the slurry tests tell us about your mix!

Highya C.
The easiest way...
It smells like classic pink bubble gum.
It really caught me off guard. Hope the Diesel comes on strong later.
Thanks for coming through and checking things out!:ciao:
Sounds delicious! I'm a sucker for sweet strains. :yummy:
I know TDS/EC/PPM can be expensive, after going through 3 of the cheap EC pens which worked great at the time and if looked after you can get a decent amount of use until they start drifting but that is usually due to build up. I invested in a blue labs trucheon, shows EC/PPM500/PPM700 had it for two years now and has been a great investment. :goodluck:

Don't be afraid of the cheaper meters, problem with those are generally availability of spare probes and correct calibration. These meters just measure the conductivity of the fluid you are meassuring, ( ionization and free electrons ). The fluid calibrations usually have a unit like ~12880 μS/cm, so this is what they are measuring in and converts it with math to units we can use when adjusting nutes like ppm/ms/Tds.

I need to find something to do as well. Not sure what either. Good luck to us!! :love: :laughtwo:

Really hope we do, and soon.

Btw, got the Botox now and completely wrinkle free in my forehead :laughtwo: Damn this is strong stuff, it really takes the edge of the pain. Today I got some pain around the areas they injected but It's a passing thing I know.

Hope you clear out what's happening with SD and GZ... done any slurry testing?

Hey y'all. Got a small project crossed off my list. Built some badly needed shelves for my room.
Now I'm trying to muster up the energy to transplant the WSE girls. Maybe I'll leave that for tomorrow. I've been up since 3 am and I'm starting to crash out. Don't need to make any stupid mistakes.

Still have to make some dinner yet.
Better hit some Ammy.
BTW her final cure scent is cat urine. Oh Joy!!
I catch a whiff on my hands and briefly wonder why I smell like pee pee.
Then I quickly forget until the next time it happens again. Vicious circle.:laughtwo:
Better than a puke or dog shit scent no?

Back
Top Bottom