Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Mine is just 2% topical lidocaine from drug store but I use in conjunction with one or more of these depending on how bad the pain is and what’s left in the cabinet. But lidocaine and a mix and match combo of biofreeze, capsaicin, tiger balm, cool ice, icy hot, Aussie melaleuca or sometimes menthol crystals melted down

For me, I just use a bamboo stake and shove it through the root ball all the way to the bottom of the pot. For a 10 gallon pot, I make about 6 or 8 holes (cores). For a 20 gallon pot I make about a dozen holes. It helps the water and nutrients get to more of the root zone.

I use a (sharpened) knitting needle to core my outdoor plants- I do it 2 or 3 times a week- if I don't do it, the water takes forever to soak in- they're in 3 gallon pots, so they got rootbound pretty early on.
10 or 12 holes, and the water soaks in like it's supposed to..

the tool:
1598210330876.jpeg

I use a (sharpened) knitting needle to core my outdoor plants- I do it 2 or 3 times a week- if I don't do it, the water takes forever to soak in- they're in 3 gallon pots, so they got rootbound pretty early on.
10 or 12 holes, and the water soaks in like it's supposed to..

the tool:
1598210330876.jpeg
I never considered using a tool for this, always just sticking a finger into the dirt haha. This looks much more efficient and less messy.

I've been using this one since my 2013 outdoor grow- I always called it "aerating"the soil- I do it for my indoor ladies too- it's nice and sharp (pointy) so it minimizes any root damage.
2 for a buck @ the dollar store :cheesygrinsmiley:

You must have long fingers! :laughtwo:
I don’t, I have short fat fingers so it makes even less sense. But I’m pretty sure I have a chopstick around that will do much better than these sausages ever could :laughtwo:

i poke holes and shove bamboo, right to the bottom of hempy pots, for aeration and plant support ...
someone asked me if it damages the roots .. whaddya think holds the bamboo stick ? .... :p

I have an aloe lotion with lidocaine. I use it for sunburns and bug bites mostly.
Sunburn and bug bites? Salve baby!
**sigh**
Just hope that I did a good enough job raising him.
From everything you tell us about him you did just fine! :love:
all the way to the bottom of the pot
As I recall, stopping about an inch from the bottom is recommend (and making holes at different depths as well) will keep the water from heading all the way out of the bottom of the pot. Of course that doesn't apply to hempy and a reservoir!

Big GZ is kind of a disappointment. Gonna try coring her. She is pretty bound.

Looks like growth accelerated every time you pruned here as well, had some Sativas doing the same... best thing is just leaving them but its so hard when looking at all that under growth not catching any light.

Coring (Core?) that baby, would be very American to use a firearm for the job... LoL :laughtwo:

Hope everything is better with your pain, I'm still waiting for my shots. :nomo:

I spike or core with a metal rod, but sometimes I wallow the top to make a cone shape and then drop amendments in like kelp or ewc and cover again with soil.

Hey the firearms thing sounds cool but might I recommend avoiding sawed off shotguns and the like, check that you are set to single fire not on 3 round burst or full Auto and remove the bump stock if that applies! Have fun with it and watch out for your toes...

I think so. I find myself doing the same. The worst thing now is I never cook for them anymore. I enjoyed cooking when they came for a visit. I did cook coffee cake muffins for them today though. I got my fix.

My BIL dropped me about a gram of gelato bubble hash he grew and made today. I am nice and elevated. Well done J O! It's a fun buzz.
I love cooking for mine too. I have thoroughly spoiled on that front.
Haven't cooked for the oldest one since the first lockdown. Well, I supposed that I've made him some edibles. That totally counts.

I've had to core my outdoor girls a couple times already. They are pretty root bound as well. I feel like it does indeed help. :goodluck:
Glad to hear it. Just need to find something appropriate to use. I think that I have chopsticks, skewers and bamboo stakes.
Mine is just 2% topical lidocaine from drug store but I use in conjunction with one or more of these depending on how bad the pain is and what’s left in the cabinet. But lidocaine and a mix and match combo of biofreeze, capsaicin, tiger balm, cool ice, icy hot, Aussie melaleuca or sometimes menthol crystals melted down
I have two kinds of Tiger Balm and some icy hot. I use the Tiger balm often but haven't tried it will the oil yet.

Sunburn and bug bites? Salve baby!

From everything you tell us about him you did just fine! :love:

As I recall, stopping about an inch from the bottom is recommend (and making holes at different depths as well) will keep the water from heading all the way out of the bottom of the pot. Of course that doesn't apply to hempy and a reservoir!
The lidocaine is for my bebes. I don't put anything canna on them. My oil works fantastic for sun burns, bug bites and actual heat burns. I grabbed the grill and not the grill handle one day. Should have been burned quite badly. Ran in and grabbed the oil out of the fridge. It took care of the pain and stopped my skin from blistering. I actually had a hard time believing that it worked so well. I had to reapply twice. All that was left was some slightly wrinkly skin.

I learned it by watching you. :laughtwo:
Looks like growth accelerated every time you pruned here as well, had some Sativas doing the same... best thing is just leaving them but its so hard when looking at all that under growth not catching any light.

Coring (Core?) that baby, would be very American to use a firearm for the job... LoL :laughtwo:

Hope everything is better with your pain, I'm still waiting for my shots. :nomo:
I'm doing much better. Just trying to take it easy so I'm not in the same predicament.
Need to slow my roll....a lot.
I spike or core with a metal rod, but sometimes I wallow the top to make a cone shape and then drop amendments in like kelp or ewc and cover again with soil.

Hey the firearms thing sounds cool but might I recommend avoiding sawed off shotguns and the like, check that you are set to single fire not on 3 round burst or full Auto and remove the bump stock if that applies! Have fun with it and watch out for your toes...
You should deliver your amendment with a mini crossbow. You could fill the tip with kelp.:laughtwo:

Sooo.....I think that I majorly f-ed up.
I had been using some MC that had absorbed some moisture. My fertilization has been off and didn't think this was the reason for it.
I cleaned my jar a few days ago and put fresh MC in it. Then I fed.
I shouldn't have given them a regular dose. I think they went from being underfed to now possibly overfed. My GGs turned yellow overnight. Everyone has tip burn except the WSE girls. Need to look at them closer and make sure.

I'm going to put one gram of MC out and weigh it tomorrow. See how much water it absorbs in 24 hrs.
Feel like such a dummy.

Pics after lights on.

I'm going to put one gram of MC out and weigh it tomorrow. See how much water it absorbs in 24 hrs.
Damn, I’m sorry VG. That scenario never even crossed my mind.... I had asked about how you store it because I’m tired of scooping such a small amount out of the big bag. It never occurred to me that I could be possibly over feeding if my MC is absorbing the moisture in the air. If that is indeed possible then I should probably do the same....

Damn, I’m sorry VG. That scenario never even crossed my mind.... I had asked about how you store it because I’m tired of scooping such a small amount out of the big bag. It never occurred to me that I could be possibly over feeding if my MC is absorbing the moisture in the air. If that is indeed possible then I should probably do the same....
The moist stuff weighs more so I was underfeeding. The dry stuff is more concentrated.
One of those things that I should have caught.

IDK wouldn’t that be underfed if it absorbed too much moisture from air then it would be heavier and weigh more with less ferts. I’m thinking moisture in the bag caused bloom effect perhaps. You know how when you leave nutes mixed in a jar and a week later they smell real funky, yep stuff (growth) bloomed inside.

Back
Top Bottom