Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Sorry... just catching up.

....I'm always late to the party. LoL

My personal opinion on the 420 contests; they've become a popularity contest.... People don't vote objectively. They vote for the member they happen to know or like. Getting 0's seem to happen regularly for even the best entries.

Love everything you're growing brother. Your plants & buds could win every contest if you sat all day chatting people up & gaslighting...
I respect those who don't do that shit and just keep it real. You're growing solid 10's man.... I'd keep throwing in entries 🤙
Hello Preston. :) Couldn't argue with some of what you said about the competitions.:hmmmm: But hey, we're on a site that needs the advertising revenue to keep the doors open so to speak, and competition drives interest. :bong: I don't think there's anyway to take the subjective part or the buddy part out of the contests. :hmmmm:
I find it a little stressful to pick one friend's entry over another, and that's probably why I have the internal hesitancy in participating.:hmmmm: I can also be a little socially challenged.:rolleyes:
I decided to just jump in and play.:) I will try and win, but not take it too seriously.:) After all almost no one other than us, gets to smell, taste, or feel the fruits of our bounty.:) I may not win, but I'm the one holding my jars of weed.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Hello Preston. :) Couldn't argue with some of what you said about the competitions.:hmmmm: But hey, we're on a site that needs the advertising revenue to keep the doors open so to speak, and competition drives interest. :bong: I don't think there's anyway to take the subjective part or the buddy part out of the contests. :hmmmm:
I find it a little stressful to pick one friend's entry over another, and that's probably why I have the internal hesitancy in participating.:hmmmm: I can also be a little socially challenged.:rolleyes:
I decided to just jump in and play.:) I will try and win, but not take it too seriously.:) After all almost no one other than us, gets to smell, taste, or feel the fruits of our bounty.:) I may not win, but I'm the one holding my jars of weed.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Oh, I do wish us multi plant scrogers would get our own category. :hmmmm: I can't figure out how to highlight one plant in a screen of flower to enter in Plant of the Month. :hmmmm: If I drew a line on the photo to show the separation of the plants, it would make the photo look like crap.:rolleyes: Long live the SCROG!:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

For the photography based ones - nug/plant/photo I’ve never seen a winner I couldn’t see why it wasn’t the winner.

A quick look at the Members of The Month this year? All ten awesome members. 100% deserving - even if not strictly to the rules the members get the right people over the line reliably - they add to the rich tapestry of people living around the world growing weed and hanging out.

Journal of The Month (my fave) Yeah some I think some miss here because not everyone has the time to read them through. Dunno - as you can tell from the length of this post I like reading and writing!

The site for sure needs to pay the staff makes it all possible - dunno that pointing it out isn’t a little cynical. D’uh yeah!

With bags of Mimosa x Orange Punch ❤️

Nick

For the photography based ones - nug/plant/photo I’ve never seen a winner I couldn’t see why it wasn’t the winner.
I almost totally agree with you Nick.

So I'm trying to learn to take better pics!

-------------------------

It's Flip + 62 for the Phase II group.

FB#2:
FB2 11-16-23 full F62.JPG

FB2 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

FB#1:
FB1 11-16-23 full F62.JPG

Sour G:
SG 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

SG 11-16-23 nugII F62.JPG

Her leaves look kinda' greasy!

---------------------------

Thanks for your attention.

PEACE

FB#2:

FB2 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

FB#1:

Sour G:
SG 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

PEACE
:drool::drool:
Stunning looking bud's on that girl :bravo:

Can't use "greasy" to describe a girl 😂 , I don't think it's greasy, the shine looks healthy and fat on the leaves.

Can't use "greasy" to describe a girl 😂 , I don't think it's greasy, the shine looks healthy and fat on the leaves.
Maybe say, "as the sultry girl oozed glistening trichomes in hopes of attracting her pollen bearing insect servants to fulfill her desires." The species must continue. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Maybe say, "as the sultry girl oozed glistening trichomes in hopes of attracting her pollen bearing insect servants to fulfill her desires." The species must continue. :cheesygrinsmiley:
As I read that I heard David Attenborough's voice.

Noow, as the camera approaches and through the magic of modern day tech-nology and what those in the business call zoom we can fin’ally appre-she-ate the the true majest-y of this simply beautiful lady. Though some, have described her as “greasy” I for one, prefer that description by other fine botanists of “treacly” for she is truly a wonder of the natural world…

I’m Nick Attenborough….

Watch out that marijuana, it gets you high 🤣

Noow, as the camera approaches and through the magic of modern day tech-nology and what those in the business call zoom we can fin’ally appre-she-ate the the true majest-y of this simply beautiful lady. Though some, have described her as “greasy” I for one, prefer that description by other fine botanists of “treacly” for she is truly a wonder of the natural world…

I’m Nick Attenborough….

Watch out that marijuana, it gets you high 🤣
Thanks for my morning chuckle, Nick.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

MGM

FB#2:

FB2 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

FB#1:

Sour G:
SG 11-16-23 nug F62.JPG

PEACE
Right now I've had a pic cause a bit of a stir over in the current PHOM. I don't know how it will do because I am new here and don't know what the judges like.

I can give you some tips to help you make those lovely plants pop more like these, if you'd like. I'm a retired award-winning ad agency creative director. It was my job to help people get the most out of their talents. I don't know if that is my place here.

Though I prolly know more about this stuff than the plants.

Anyway if you'd like some tips, I'd be happy to share.

MGM

Right now I've had a pic cause a bit of a stir over in the current PLOM. I don't know how it will do because I am new here and don't know what the judges like.

I can give you some tips to help you make those lovely plants pop more like these, if you'd like. I'm a retired award-winning ad agency creative director. It was my job to help people get the most out of their talents. I don't know if that is my place here.

Though I prolly know more about this stuff than the plants.

Anyway if you'd like some tips, I'd be happy to share.

MGM
Ahh, darkness and light. A winning combination! :Rasta:

Ahh, darkness and light. A winning combination! :Rasta:
:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo::laughtwo:

Just a couple of points that would improve a lot of photos.

1. Don't overexpose trichomes. It's easy to do. They are little spherical optical lenses sitting on stalks, and they amplify light, particularly under flash. You can use those trichomes to amplify and glorify your buds, but if you overexpose them they look like white little worms that take away from your bud. I use cheap clip-on lamps from aisle #23 of my local hardware store to illuminate the plant.

2. Simplify your background. Get rid of clutter in the background so we just can't take our eyes off that beautiful bud you properly exposed, per #1. It might just take covering it up with a sheet. I use old landscape fabric I bought too much of before I learned the stuff doesn't work. It's simple. It's cheap. It eliminates clutter.

And, oh yeah ...

It's darkness against the light!

:passitleft:

MGM

Gorgeous plants GDB, I see a lot of improvement in your finishing out, these last couple grows. Well done! I’ve been struggling at the end myself and I hope I can copy your success.
Oh, thank you, Heaven.

The improvement has come from me coming out of my secret grow bunker now that things are legal, sharing issues, and paying attention to those wiser than me.

The group has helped. And so has the simple act of journaling everything and documenting the wrong turns.

In return, I used to direct photo shoots, so I try, try, try to contribute when I can.

MGM

Oh, thank you, Heaven.

The improvement has come from me coming out of my secret grow bunker now that things are legal, sharing issues, and paying attention to those wiser than me.

The group has helped. And so has the simple act of journaling everything and documenting the wrong turns.

In return, I used to direct photo shoots, so I try, try, try to contribute when I can.

MGM
She wasn't talking to you MGM! :laugh:

Pass that thing over here! :ganjamon:

While I was’t initially talking to you, I’m really glad to see some positive outcomes of legalization for where you’re at, and how you’ve been able to come out of your shell more!! 💗 I’m in a legalized state, but have yet to shed the stigma and still feel like I need to hide away. It helps to hear more stories like this, gives me a bravery boost. Thanks MGM 🦁

Back
Top Bottom