Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Hello all.

It's Flip + 29 for the Phase II girls. Last night I gave the FB#2 the same treatment that I gave the FB#1 earlier. I open her up just a little using the grommets on the pot and pipe cleaners.

As with the FB1, it didn't make a huge difference but I think it will benefit her, even if just a little.

Before:
FB2 11-12-23 F73 bf (2).jpg

After:
FB2 11-12-23 F73 af (2).jpg

That's all I've got for now.

I may do one of my "nobody is up to read it" updates sometime after midnight.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

----------------------------

Damn GDB , that's that bullshit rite there as growers we go threw it , but come out shining on the other side . Sorry bout that set back 😬
Thanks Mello. I've moved on! :surf:

Flip + 29 for the Phase II Group.

I've opened them up about as much as I can. I have to be mindful of the fact that even though I'm in a 5x5 tent my light only as a 4x4 footprint. So I need to keep the plants kind of close together to ensure they get covered.

S2 11-13-23 F29.jpg

The Forbidden Fruit is the only plant remaining in the Serenity Group. I've taken out the Slurricane and put it in the dark in preparation for the chop.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Flip + 29 for the Phase II Group.

I've opened them up about as much as I can. I have to be mindful of the fact that even though I'm in a 5x5 tent my light only as a 4x4 footprint. So I need to keep the plants kind of close together to ensure they get covered.

S2 11-13-23 F29.jpg

The Forbidden Fruit is the only plant remaining in the Serenity Group. I've taken out the Slurricane and put it in the dark in preparation for the chop.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
Amazing bro very beautiful. luv the even canopy on the Sour g

anyway next time u take a pic can ya get me a close up of her branches please and thank u. its only for my references on how sour g grows under different circumstances. thanx bro
No problem Marcus. And thanks for the kind words! :Rasta:

No problem Marcus. And thanks for the kind words! :Rasta:
Not a problem brother always good to pay it forward my life is a blessing I like to share as much as I can I would say if you need any tips on it sour g but it looks like you're doing a pretty damn good job baby. Don't get me wrong I love your other plants as well especially them fat bastards! Lmao

In my growing experience with sour G is very sporadic growing if you don't keep that in check they will go haywire and you've done a pretty damn good job at it. So I'm thinking I wouldn't be light sensitive to my plants I'm thinking it might have been all the super crop I was doing too hell I don't know maybe I did blast them with 100% at 15 in for a long time that's 320 something Watts. But anyways take care of yourself brother getting ready to collect my Amazon order that I've been waiting a long time for. 🖖

Not a problem brother always good to pay it forward my life is a blessing I like to share as much as I can I would say if you need any tips on it sour g but it looks like you're doing a pretty damn good job baby. Don't get me wrong I love your other plants as well especially them fat bastards! Lmao

In my growing experience with sour G is very sporadic growing if you don't keep that in check they will go haywire and you've done a pretty damn good job at it. So I'm thinking I wouldn't be light sensitive to my plants I'm thinking it might have been all the super crop I was doing too hell I don't know maybe I did blast them with 100% at 15 in for a long time that's 320 something Watts. But anyways take care of yourself brother getting ready to collect my Amazon order that I've been waiting a long time for. 🖖
I've got mine under a 500 watt light. It doesn't seem to mind a bit! :Rasta:

Hey GDB with your lights do you just guestimate your light levels or check & adjust with PPFD ?
I have a LUX meter. I haven't used it much since I got the @ViparSpectra lights. I just follow their height recommendations and that seems to work fine!

Hello all.

I took down the Slurricane today on her Flip + 75. She, just like the GPxBB before her, was full of browned out, crinkly fan leaves. I did something to both of those plants that caused that to happen. I'm going to pore through my notes and figure it out. I'll let you know what I come up with! Whatever I did to them I did not do to the Forbidden Fruit because her leaves are not even close to being emaciated. So if my notes are good it shouldn't be hard to figure out where I went wrong.

So due to the jacked up leaves I had to hand trim the Slur. Since she looked liked shit and presented me with so much work to do, I didn't take the time to take any pics of her before the takedown. She grew very nicely though and yielded 22 branches of nice buds that were nearly uniform in size, plus 2 more shorter branches that was the closest thing to larf on the plant (and I wouldn't even call them larf).

Slurricane 10-14-23 END array shot.jpg

She seemed like a fairly heavy one, but I didn't bother to weigh her. I'll report the dry weight when she's ready.

Of course I kept a sharp eye out for mold, but thankfully I didn't spot any.

However, about halfway through I realized I was using the same clippers that I had just used on the moldy GPxBB! I had not sterilized them. I had not done anything to them except scrape off the scissor hash. Tokin' and growing -- so often a bad combination! :confused:

So I'll see what happens. They're bagged and in the fridge now.

Most of the GPxBB had been bagged and fridged and they were still in there. I had to invoke the spirit of @InTheShed today in order to finally throw them in the trash!

----------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Hello all.

I took down the Slurricane today on her Flip + 75. She, just like the GPxBB before her, was full of browned out, crinkly fan leaves. I did something to both of those plants that caused that to happen. I'm going to pore through my notes and figure it out. I'll let you know what I come up with! Whatever I did to them I did not do to the Forbidden Fruit because her leaves are not even close to being emaciated. So if my notes are good it shouldn't be hard to figure out where I went wrong.

So due to the jacked up leaves I had to hand trim the Slur. Since she looked liked shit and presented me with so much work to do, I didn't take the time to take any pics of her before the takedown. She grew very nicely though and yielded 22 branches of nice buds that were nearly uniform in size, plus 2 more shorter branches that was the closest thing to larf on the plant (and I wouldn't even call them larf).

Slurricane 10-14-23 END array shot.jpg

She seemed like a fairly heavy one, but I didn't bother to weigh her. I'll report the dry weight when she's ready.

Of course I kept a sharp eye out for mold, but thankfully I didn't spot any.

However, about halfway through I realized I was using the same clippers that I had just used on the moldy GPxBB! I had not sterilized them. I had not done anything to them except scrape off the scissor hash. Tokin' and growing -- so often a bad combination! :confused:

So I'll see what happens. They're bagged and in the fridge now.

Most of the GPxBB had been bagged and fridged and they were still in there. I had to invoke the spirit of @InTheShed today in order to finally throw them in the trash!

----------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
some nice looking bud, congrates GDB

Nice takedown on a remarkably larfless plant, GDB!
I realized I was using the same clippers that I had just used on the moldy GPxBB! I had not sterilized them.
I don't think it'll hurt the trimmed weed, but that scissor hash might have a few mold spores in it...

Nice takedown on a remarkably larfless plant, GDB!

I don't think it'll hurt the trimmed weed, but that scissor hash might have a few mold spores in it...
Thanks Carcass. But I still feel like a dumb-ass stoner! :lot-o-toke:

Hello growers.

Just a quick update to show the last plant standing from the Serenity Group, the Forbidden Fruit on her Flip + 75.

Serenity 10-14-23 F75.jpg

She's having what I consider a normal fade. None of the browning and crunchiness of her fan leaves like her 2 tentmates.

I've gone back through my notes looking for a possible cause for the difference. You may recall that I initially thought a top-feed of EWC administered too late into the flowering stage had caused the problem. I don't think that now.

Back around their Flip 5I all of the plants were getting early (IMO) yellowing leaves. I responded by giving them all doses of CalMag Pro (8-0-0). The FF got 1L while the other plants got only .5L each.

Two days later the FF got another liter of CalMag Pro and the other two plants got none.

Two days later the FF got yet another liter of Calmag Pro and the two other plants again got .5L each.

And that was the end of the CalMag dosing.

The FF showed signs of improvement while the other 2 plants not so much. And that's when I topped them with the EWC. The EWC likely could not overcome the CalMag shortage in the 2 crunchy plants and they continued to worsen.

So I don't think the EWC had much, if anything, to do with the leaf problem. I think it was the two crunchy ones needed more CalMag.

Anyone have any thoughts about my diagnosis?

-----------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom