Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Looking slick GDB!

$2500 ones feally not great. OK for a first pass but then its harder to trim to really pretty because it squishes leaves into the buds.

Spend $10k and you’re talking!

I have personal experience (of watching my wife and her team 😂) trim 5kg previously machine trimmed. After she asked for just the dried chopped stems, said it was quicker to get a perfect trim.

There’s a lot of illegally imported Cali grown floating around here. All yellow, hard and smoothed. I guess from being vacuum packed for a year or whatever.
Looks like my scissor fingers will still have a job for a long time to come. :rolleyes: :bong:

Good morning all.

It's Flip + 22 for the Serenity group and I think the stretching is done.
Serenity 8-23-23 F22 tentII.jpg

These @ViparSpectra lights really keep them praying!
FF 8-23-23 F22 praying.jpg

---------------------------

In the 2x2, the Phase II girls on their first morning after being up-potted. They must have been ready because there has been no griping, slouching or pouting!
S2 8-23-23 D20 uppotted.jpg

That's all I've got.

Thanks for your visit and Happy Hump Day!

PEACE

Hello all.

If you've been following along you likely recall that I once gave a sample pac of my weed to a buddy of mine so that his son could evaluate it. Long story short, his son said he liked the weed but it looked like homegrown and wasn't "pretty." So his father agreed to bring me a sample of some of his son's "pretty" weed.

That was about a month ago. So most of my friends are absent-minded but we all have periodic spells of lucidity. :)His dad brought by my sample today.

I've got a couple of nugs of Collins Ave (or Collins Avenue).

Per a popular review site:

Collins Ave, also known as “Collins Avenue,” is a rare evenly balanced hybrid strain (50% indica/50% sativaS created through crossing the infamous (Kush Mints 11 X GTI) X Kush Mints 11 strains. Perfect for any hybrid lover, Collins Ave packs a punch of full-bodied effects that will have you feeling happy and relaxed in almost no time at all. The high starts in the head with a lifted feeling, filling you with a giddy euphoria that pushes out any negative or racing thoughts almost immediately. As your mind settles into this happy state, a calming physical effect will work its way throughout your body, leaving you feeling a touch sedated and totally at ease. In combination with its super high 15-25% average THC level, these long-lasting effects make Collins Ave the perfect bud for treating conditions such as chronic pain, nausea or appetite loss, chronic fatigue, depression or mood swings and chronic stress. This bud has a creamy sour citrus flavor with hints of sweet berries and sharp mint, too. The aroma is earthy and minty with a sweet over tone that turns spicy with hints of heavy diesel as the nugs are broken apart and burned away. Collins Ave buds have fluffy tapered bright neon green nugs with long orange hairs and a coating of frosty tiny white crystal trichomes.

Hmmm. Sounds pretty.

Let's see:

Collins Avenue.JPG

Okay, frosty and tight, but not unlike nugs that I see here all the time (though maybe not my stuff).

This weed has a nice taste, which of course, I'm really unable to describe other than it being spicy. Very tasty!

The effect is real nice. This is truly a well-balanced hybrid! I'm zooted but have not ruled out getting up and cooking dinner. But I think I need to move now if I'm going to get that done! Waiting might not be a good option.:Rasta:

PEACE
I'm with you! And btw, the actual difference between a finely manicured bud and a well done hand manicured one is almost nothing in how much is taken off. That's what I've noticed anyway. To each their own. 💅
So the whole 3 weeks I was asking about. Huh. These plants are so cool! Like you sir!
Good morning all.

Serenity 8-23-23 F22 tentII.jpg

These @ViparSpectra lights really keep them praying!
FF 8-23-23 F22 praying.jpg

In the 2x2, the Phase II girls on their first morning after being up-potted. They must have been ready because there has been no griping, slouching or pouting!
S2 8-23-23 D20 uppotted.jpg

That's all I've got.

Thanks for your visit and Happy Hump Day!

PEACE
No pouting!:laugh:

Hello again.

I want to document this here so I have a point of reference.

Grow Dots specifies 3 different feeding levels.

Low level: use 1 tsp of Dots per gallon of soil.
Mid level: use 2 tsps of Dots per gallon of soil.
Heavy level: use 3 tsps of Dots per gallon of soil.

They also say that the Dots can either be mixed into the soil or top-fed in.

When I up-potted the Sour G and one of the Fat Bastards (both in 3 gallon pots), I mixed 3 tsps of Dots into the soil. Then this morning I scratched into the top of the soil another 4 tsps for each plant.

So these are being fed at slightly more than the medium rate, with more Dots being top-fed than are present in the soil.

So noted. :)

I'm with you! And btw, the actual difference between a finely manicured bud and a well done hand manicured one is almost nothing in how much is taken off. That's what I've noticed anyway. To each their own. 💅

So the whole 3 weeks I was asking about. Huh. These plants are so cool! Like you sir!

No pouting!:laugh:
Thanks Stone.

How do you go about trimming those monsters you grow Stone? And, how do you inspect the tops of them?

Yeah, nothing worse than a pouting plant! :)

Highya GDB,

They look very happy in their new digs!! Do you use recharge? Microbes usually make the uppot better for the plant. Not that you need any? Just wondering. They look so nice. Great job! Happy Smokin'

Highya GDB,

They look very happy in their new digs!! Do you use recharge? Microbes usually make the uppot better for the plant. Not that you need any? Just wondering. They look so nice. Great job! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.

Yes, I use Recharge and I'll give them some the next time I'm able to water them.

Happy Smokin' to you too!

Hello again.

I want to document this here so I have a point of reference.

Grow Dots specifies 3 different feeding levels.

Low level: use 1 tsp of Dots per gallon of soil.
Mid level: use 2 tsps of Dots per gallon of soil.
Heavy level: use 3 tsps of Dots per gallon of soil.

They also say that the Dots can either be mixed into the soil or top-fed in.

When I up-potted the Sour G and one of the Fat Bastards (both in 3 gallon pots), I mixed 3 tsps of Dots into the soil. Then this morning I scratched into the top of the soil another 4 tsps for each plant.

So these are being fed at slightly more than the medium rate, with more Dots being top-fed than are present in the soil.

So noted. :)
Is there a reason to mix in fewer Dots but add more to the top at this stage, rather than top dress later in the grow once the mixed ones start to fade? Or do you plan on doing both?

Is there a reason to mix in fewer Dots but add more to the top at this stage, rather than top dress later in the grow once the mixed ones start to fade? Or do you plan on doing both?
Of course there's a reason Shed. You know I don't do anything without a plan! :)

I was zooted when I rigged up their pots. So I sorta' forgot to finish loading the Dots (I usually put some near the bottom of the pot and the rest near the middle. These 2 plants only got the bottoms done.)

When I woke up this morning, it dawned on me that I had screwed up again so I corrected my mistake. Imagine that, still sharp as a razor at my age! :rofl:

The girls are looking better than ever today, GDB!

And the uppots went smooth as butter, nice job with those 3 !
with more Dots being top-fed than are present in the soil.
Interesting- I want to see how that goes... although, like you said, it's ok with the Grow Dots folks, so it should do just fine..
Not sure how it'd work in a SIP, since the Dots are on top, and the water comes up from the bottom, but in your situation, it should work great!
We will see...

still sharp as a marble at my age!
FIFY!

1 The girls are looking better than ever today, GDB!

And the uppots went smooth as butter, nice job with those 3 !

2 Interesting- I want to see how that goes... although, like you said, it's ok with the Grow Dots folks, so it should do just fine..
Not sure how it'd work in a SIP, since the Dots are on top, and the water comes up from the bottom, but in your situation, it should work great!
We will see...

3 FIFY!
1 Thanks so much Carcass. I'm pretty pleased with how things are going! :)

2 It should be fine. I'm one of the ancients that doesn't have to concern himself with SIPology! At least not yet. :Rasta:

3 That was not very nice Carcass. But it was funny as all get out (and probably true)! :rofl:

How do you go about trimming those monsters you grow Stone? And, how do you inspect the tops of them?
One bud at a time, an early start, and no regard for fancy. I'm a worker Bee! I'm dreaming one of these plants is a two day affair! That would be something new!

In the past I've gotten up a couple of rungs of the ladder to have a look. I resurrected my funky folding ladder this season, we'll see how it feels. Putting up the netting was pretty solid on it. I'm relying a lot on a good light rot season!

Highya SO,

The weight of my tomatoes stretched the horticulture tape and they live on or near the ground now.
I planted mine along a fence, so I tie the vines to the top of the fence. So now, they're pulling the fence over, not to the ground yet, lol!
I'm relying a lot on a good light rot season!
I'm hoping so as well!! Happy Smokin'

There seem to be quite a few tomato growers on 420.

I wonder who among them can cook good Italian food? :)

There seem to be quite a few tomato growers on 420.

I wonder who among them can cook good Italian food? :)
Down here it's Tex/Mex.... grow tomaters, onion, and peppers. 🤙

Good morning all.

It's Flip + 24 for the Serenity group and, thankfully, I have nothing to report.

The plants are just doing what plants do with no issues to speak of. Can't ask for much more than that!
Serenity 8-25-23 F24 tent.jpg

The Slurricane is front left. The Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner is front right. And the leggy Forbidden Fruit is in the back.

Having these two @ViparSpectra lights has been super nice! The ability to hang them at different heights kept me from having to elevate the 2 front plants. Under a single light unit, they would have be sitting up on milk crates.
Serenity 8-25-23 F24 lite levels .jpg

Slur:
Slur 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

GPxBB:
GPxBB 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

FF:
FF 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

------------------------------------

Slide into the weekend with a smile on your face!

PEACE

Good morning all.

It's Flip + 24 for the Serenity group and, thankfully, I have nothing to report.

The plants are just doing what plants do with no issues to speak of. Can't ask for much more than that!
Serenity 8-25-23 F24 tent.jpg

The Slurricane is front left. The Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner is front right. And the leggy Forbidden Fruit is in the back.

Having these two @ViparSpectra lights has been super nice! The ability to hang them at different heights kept me from having to elevate the 2 front plants. Under a single light unit, they would have be sitting up on milk crates.
Serenity 8-25-23 F24 lite levels .jpg

Slur:
Slur 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

GPxBB:
GPxBB 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

FF:
FF 8-25-23 F24 buds.jpg

------------------------------------

Slide into the weekend with a smile on your face!

PEACE
Looking great growmie! 🙌

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom