Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

They have caught and starting to rock!:tommy:

Good morning all.

Another day, another few inches.

On Flip 21, the Serenity group plugs along steadily. I was astounded this morning to discover that the little Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner had stretched some more, going from 18 to 20 inches since yesterday morning! I know it sounds loopy but I'm seeing it with my own peepers! That's her, front right.
Serenity 8-22-23 F21 tent.jpg

The other 2 plants are holding steady at their same heights.

While I was measuring I accidentally dropped my heavy tape measure on the Slurricane, shearing a branch but not cleanly breaking it. It was an easy repair using some Elmer's glue and duct tape.

Since I had her out I decided it was a good time to do a little defoliation. I did the Slur and the GPxBB. (That big FF will have to wait on her own private session).

I didn't take off a lot, but enough to make for better air flow. And I got rid of a lot of those little energy suckers that won't amount to much of anything.
Serenity defol 8-22-23 F21.jpg

----------------------------

In the 2x2 tent the Phase II girls are still waiting on bigger containers. I will definitely get to them with the next few days.
S2 8-22-23 D19.jpg

--------------------------------

So as I've said before, for me new gear often leads to a learning curve. That's what happened with these new @ViparSpectra lights I'm using for this grow. I now know a little more than I knew before about how they operate.

---------------------------------

Interesting. I don't know the power of the lights you're using, but I can tell you that my second Gelato plant has lived under the full strength of my XS1500 Pros since it was a seedling, because it was getting the same light the other two were getting. It is the healthiest plant of the three.
These lights are probably the same wattage as the XS1500 Pro. If not, then they're very close to the same. But these are like two 1500s connected together into a single unit. And, I'm running two of those.
They have caught and starting to rock!:tommy:
Thanks Valerie! Turn up the music! :theband:
Good Morning awesome job bro beautiful. Keep it up
Thanks so much Marcus! :thanks:

----------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Alright finialy found the so called pretty weed , and It is , sounds like a good strain too if it does what it says ..... But I still think like all here pretty much that the satisfaction of growing your own can't be beat and cheaper too , Looks to have went through a trimer machine , they start a around $2500 for decent one anyone Here got one NO !

Alright finialy found the so called pretty weed , and It is , sounds like a good strain too if it does what it says ..... But I still think like all here pretty much that the satisfaction of growing your own can't be beat and cheaper too , Looks to have went through a trimer machine , they start a around $2500 for decent one anyone Here got one NO !
It was pretty and it was nice. But, yeah, it's from a dispensary and that means dispensary prices!

Quite high in this area. :rolleyes:

If I was spending that much for weed I'm not sure I could even enjoy it as much as I should. It's similar to the way I feel about golf. If I paid $100 to play a course I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as I could if I'd paid a more reasonable price.

Highya GDB,

Always the jokester! Very cute!
I could even enjoy it as much as I should.
I'm that way, too! I feel so much better growing my own, than having to depend on a dispensary. After awhile, growing skills will get better, and so will the strength of our cannabis grow!! At least in theory. So I'm plenty happy with what I grow. Sounds like you are as well.
Everyone looks great! I never knew ladies will stretch after showing pompoms. Even the smaller, newer girls are lookimg great. The smallest one looks much better than before. Or is it an illusion? She/They look/looks happy to me! Happy Smokin'

Highya GDB,

Always the jokester! Very cute!

I'm that way, too! I feel so much better growing my own, than having to depend on a dispensary. After awhile, growing skills will get better, and so will the strength of our cannabis grow!! At least in theory. So I'm plenty happy with what I grow. Sounds like you are as well.
Everyone looks great! I never knew ladies will stretch after showing pompoms. Even the smaller, newer girls are lookimg great. The smallest one looks much better than before. Or is it an illusion? She/They look/looks happy to me! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.

Yeah, I like to crack the occasional joke. Laughing, I hear, is healthy! :)

The smallest is a Sour G and she does look a bit better to me too. She's getting a better green, IMO.

Good evening all!

I don't get to say that phrase too much! Most of my posts occur during the morning hours. Is everyone still awake or have some of you indulged a little too much already? :ganjamon:

I got the Phase II little ones up-potted this evening on their Day 19.

I decided to grow the largest Fat Bastard in a 5 gal pot. She'll be raised in Roots Organic (RO) Lush soil and on RO dry nutrients. Her pot prep included 4 tablespoons of Neem Seed Meal, a little perlite (maybe 4 cups, the Lust doesn't need much added) and Extreme Mycos at the base of and on the roots. Last, I included 1 tsp of RO Grow and 1 tsp of RO Foundation.

The other Fat Bastard and the Sour G will be grown in 3 gal pots. They also got Lush soil but they'll be raised on Grow Dots. Three tsps were put into each pot, along with 3 tsps on Neem Seed Meal and a little perlite. I forgot to put Mycos on the roots of the Sour G. I regret that, but couldn't change it. The other FB got some.

I've got a liquid form of Mycos that I can use on the Sour G. I'll get it in there as soon as I can.

Ready:
S2 8-22-23 uppot prep.jpg

Set:
S2 8-22-23 uppot ready.jpg

Go:
S2 8-22-23 uppot done.jpg

They'll stay in the 2x2 for a couple of days to get settled. Tomorrow I'm going to turn up the @ViparSpectra XS1500 from 50 to 75 percent. I grow weary of holding my plants back due to coddling them.:)

Soon I'll be moving these to my 5x5 tent under the @ViparSpectra KS5000. It only has a 16 square foot coverage area, which is why all three plants aren't in 5s. Still, I think it will do a fine job handling this group. I'll just need to ensure they get rotated on a regular basis.

I've got the 5x5 tent cleaned and up and running, getting the environment dialed in!

You know what I'm gonna' say now.

Thanks for stopping by!

PEACE

Good day gang!

When I opened the Serenity tent this morning something looked "different." At first I couldn't quite figure it out but after staring at them for a minute I had it, the plants were taller!

I thought the stretch was done for these girls but I was wrong. They've all had height measurements taken within the last 8 days or so. I measured them again this morning, comparing their last reading to where they are now.

Forbidden Fruit - up from 28 to 30 inches.
Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner - up from 16 to 18 inches
Slurricane - up from 18 to 20 inches

So I scratched my bald spot and then went about raising my lights a bit to maintain the approximate 15 inches between them and the tops of the plants.

I should mention that once I saw pistils emerging from the FF I cranked up my lights from 80 to 100 percent. I did that on the 19th. I'm not certain how much that move may be in play but it's noteworthy, IMO.

Serenity 8-21-23 F20 tent.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
Looking very healthy and happy.

Nice upcans, and the West Coast is awake and paying attention! Get cracking on the 5x5 (can you dial back the LazyMeter?) because I doubt they'll last long in there.

I feel like you do that as a matter of course. :)
WEST COAST! I love it. Can't wait to get back!

Yeah, I'm a rotator. I thought no one noticed. :)

Looking slick GDB!

they start a around $2500 for decent one
$2500 ones feally not great. OK for a first pass but then its harder to trim to really pretty because it squishes leaves into the buds.

Spend $10k and you’re talking!

I have personal experience (of watching my wife and her team 😂) trim 5kg previously machine trimmed. After she asked for just the dried chopped stems, said it was quicker to get a perfect trim.

There’s a lot of illegally imported Cali grown floating around here. All yellow, hard and smoothed. I guess from being vacuum packed for a year or whatever.

Good morning all.

Another day, another few inches.

On Flip 21, the Serenity group plugs along steadily. I was astounded this morning to discover that the little Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner had stretched some more, going from 18 to 20 inches since yesterday morning! I know it sounds loopy but I'm seeing it with my own peepers! That's her, front right.
Serenity 8-22-23 F21 tent.jpg

The other 2 plants are holding steady at their same heights.

While I was measuring I accidentally dropped my heavy tape measure on the Slurricane, shearing a branch but not cleanly breaking it. It was an easy repair using some Elmer's glue and duct tape.

Since I had her out I decided it was a good time to do a little defoliation. I did the Slur and the GPxBB. (That big FF will have to wait on her own private session).

I didn't take off a lot, but enough to make for better air flow. And I got rid of a lot of those little energy suckers that won't amount to much of anything.
Girls have their own growth characteristics, one is taller, one is fatter, and the other one is happier. lol

Back
Top Bottom