Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Highya GDB,

Love your wit today! Very humerous. Your girls all look lovely! Always like stopping by to see your girls. I'll bring them some candy next time! Happy Smokin'

Good day group!

Around midnight I had all the girls out to be watered to run-off and I took the opportunity to get some solo pics.

They're on their Flip + 16.

First up is my shorty, the Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner. She was but 8 inches tall when I flipped her and she's now 16 inches in height.
GPxBB 8-17-23 F16.JPG

GPxBB 8-17-23 F16 above.JPG

-----------------------------

Next the Slurricane. She shot up early in life but then didn't do much stretching after being flipped. She was 11 inches tall when flipped and is 18 inches in height now.
Slur 8-17-23 F16.JPG

Slur 8-17-23 F16 above.JPG

And last is the Forbidden Fruit. She is the stretchy one. She was 9 inches when I flipped her and she now stands at 25 inches. Also, I think this one continues to stretch! She has yet to produce any pom poms.
FF 8-1117-23 F16.JPG

FF 8-17-23 F16 above.JPG

----------------------------------

All back in the tent:
Serenity 8-17-23 F16 tent.jpg

--------------------------------

In the 2x2, the Phase II girls are on their day 14. I recently increased the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro from 25 to 50 percent and they seem to love it!

I often say my plants get off to slow starts but much of the reason for this, I believe, is on me. I'm too wimpy with my babies in the beginning. I'm always concerned about giving them too much water too soon and too much light too soon. I think I hold them back. Their response to the increased lighting was nearly immediate!
S2 8-17-23 D14.jpg

----------------------------

Love your wit today! Very humerous. Your girls all look lovely! Always like stopping by to see your girls. I'll bring them some candy next time! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! Always a pleasure to have you stop by. And I like candy too! :)

Last, I've been reading on @Krissi Carbone's thread about the horrors of some caterpillars "attacks." These tales have been amusing but I wouldn't say they were horrific.

This recounting of an August 9th wildlife incident was truly HORRIFIC!

----------------------------

As always, thanks for your visit.

PEACE.

I'm guilty of being too careful too - this time round my Bruce is on full light, 3/4 nutes and doing fine
I like your chopping, I aim for similar

Good morning all.

My Phase II girls are on Day 15 and are nearing the date when they'll need new pots.
S2a 8-18-23 F15.jpg

All of them have roots escaping the bottoms of the clear solos.
S2 8-18-23 roots.jpg

-------------------------

Meanwhile, on Flip + 17 the Forbidden Fruit continues to make me wait on pom poms. She's an indica dominant strain that's growing like a sativa!
FF 8-18-23 F17.jpg

But for her tentmates it's full steam ahead.
Serenity 8-18-23 F17.jpg

-------------------------
Thanks for your visit.

PEACE.

I'm guilty of being too careful too - this time round my Bruce is on full light
It's easy to do with photoperiods because it doesn't really matter if they start slowly.

Highya GDB,

The 3 little ones are growing like weeds!! Very nice color, and root systems. Nicely done. In the other tent, I'm in the same agony with one has pom poms, and the anguish of waiting until the others do! Seems like something's wrong. When all it takes is patience. I keep telling myself that, but it doesn't work very good. Happy Smokin'

:Rasta:👋

Hola! Awesome stuff GDB

That stall and die for seedlings at that 2 leaf stage is killer. So depressing. I popped a couple of seed husks off with a single drop of water from a 5ml syringe recently. Drop it on and an hour so later its popped open, done it often - though we don’t cover the seed after it comes out the paper to tap out just bury rhe root and leave the plant alone.

Follow along a little?

Nick

Hi GDB , Plants looks great ! Yea nothing worst than checking ur garden and the leaf's are crispy and burnt !! Then it act fast with the flush and hoping they clear up soon .. ❤️‍🔥
Or finding one dampened out. :straightface:

Highya GDB,

The 3 little ones are growing like weeds!! Very nice color, and root systems. Nicely done. In the other tent, I'm in the same agony with one has pom poms, and the anguish of waiting until the others do! Seems like something's wrong. When all it takes is patience. I keep telling myself that, but it doesn't work very good. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode. Patience is the key! 🥱

:Rasta:👋

Hola! Awesome stuff GDB

That stall and die for seedlings at that 2 leaf stage is killer. So depressing. I popped a couple of seed husks off with a single drop of water from a 5ml syringe recently. Drop it on and an hour so later its popped open, done it often - though we don’t cover the seed after it comes out the paper to tap out just bury rhe root and leave the plant alone.

Follow along a little?

Nick
Nice to have you Nick!

That Germination Gremlin gets around! Wish I could figure out how he's getting in here. :)

All of them have roots escaping the bottoms of the clear solos.
On my last grow, when I uppotted my ATF, I was super careful to not yank those roots off with the cup- did a good job, too- all roots intact... then, as I was sticking her in her new home, the bottom half of the solo cup soil fell off, (in the split second when I wasn't holding it) and took half the roots with it...I figured I'd just ruined her, but she never missed a beat- not even any "first day droop" that a lot of them get after routine transplants..
So be careful at uppot, but If you do lose some roots, don't worry too much about it........

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip + 19 for the Serenity group and the Forbidden Fruit has decided to join the pistil party!
FF 8-20-230F19 branch.jpg

FFa 8-20-23 F19.jpg

Serenity 8-20-23 F19 tent.jpg

(Slurricane - front left, Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner - right)

My attempt at training the FF was somewhat of a failure. Those 4 outside mains that I had attempted to weigh down had themselves a good laugh, probably wondering what the hell I thought I was doing! But she ended up being 28 inches tall. Had I known she was going to stretch like she did I likely would have taken a different approach to training her.
Serenity 8-20-23 F19 eye level.jpg

Now I have neither the desire nor the space to mitigate. I'll just go with her as she is.

-----------------------------------

In the 2x2, on their Day 17 the Phase II girls anxiously await more soil. I'll get them up-potted during the week.

S2 8-20-23 D17.jpg

Sour G (left) and 2 Fat Bastards.

-----------------------------------

On my last grow, when I uppotted my ATF, I was super careful to not yank those roots off with the cup- did a good job, too- all roots intact... then, as I was sticking her in her new home, the bottom half of the solo cup soil fell off, (in the split second when I wasn't holding it) and took half the roots with it...I figured I'd just ruined her, but she never missed a beat- not even any "first day droop" that a lot of them get after routine transplants..
So be careful at uppot, but If you do lose some roots, don't worry too much about it........
Thanks Carcass. I'll try to be very careful. But, yeah, I've ripped off my share too and never noticed any adverse effects.
Hey GDP looking good 👍🏽
Thanks so much 70s!

------------------------------------

Hoping everyone has a pleasant Sunday!

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE.

Hello all.

If you've been following along you likely recall that I once gave a sample pac of my weed to a buddy of mine so that his son could evaluate it. Long story short, his son said he liked the weed but it looked like homegrown and wasn't "pretty." So his father agreed to bring me a sample of some of his son's "pretty" weed.

That was about a month ago. So most of my friends are absent-minded but we all have periodic spells of lucidity. :)His dad brought by my sample today.

I've got a couple of nugs of Collins Ave (or Collins Avenue).

Per a popular review site:

Collins Ave, also known as “Collins Avenue,” is a rare evenly balanced hybrid strain (50% indica/50% sativaS created through crossing the infamous (Kush Mints 11 X GTI) X Kush Mints 11 strains. Perfect for any hybrid lover, Collins Ave packs a punch of full-bodied effects that will have you feeling happy and relaxed in almost no time at all. The high starts in the head with a lifted feeling, filling you with a giddy euphoria that pushes out any negative or racing thoughts almost immediately. As your mind settles into this happy state, a calming physical effect will work its way throughout your body, leaving you feeling a touch sedated and totally at ease. In combination with its super high 15-25% average THC level, these long-lasting effects make Collins Ave the perfect bud for treating conditions such as chronic pain, nausea or appetite loss, chronic fatigue, depression or mood swings and chronic stress. This bud has a creamy sour citrus flavor with hints of sweet berries and sharp mint, too. The aroma is earthy and minty with a sweet over tone that turns spicy with hints of heavy diesel as the nugs are broken apart and burned away. Collins Ave buds have fluffy tapered bright neon green nugs with long orange hairs and a coating of frosty tiny white crystal trichomes.

Hmmm. Sounds pretty.

Let's see:

Collins Avenue.JPG

Okay, frosty and tight, but not unlike nugs that I see here all the time (though maybe not my stuff).

This weed has a nice taste, which of course, I'm really unable to describe other than it being spicy. Very tasty!

The effect is real nice. This is truly a well-balanced hybrid! I'm zooted but have not ruled out getting up and cooking dinner. But I think I need to move now if I'm going to get that done! Waiting might not be a good option.:Rasta:

PEACE

P
Hello all.

If you've been following along you likely recall that I once gave a sample pac of my weed to a buddy of mine so that his son could evaluate it. Long story short, his son said he liked the weed but it looked like homegrown and wasn't "pretty." So his father agreed to bring me a sample of some of his son's "pretty" weed.

That was about a month ago. So most of my friends are absent-minded but we all have periodic spells of lucidity. :)His dad brought by my sample today.

I've got a couple of nugs of Collins Ave (or Collins Avenue).

Per a popular review site:

Collins Ave, also known as “Collins Avenue,” is a rare evenly balanced hybrid strain (50% indica/50% sativaS created through crossing the infamous (Kush Mints 11 X GTI) X Kush Mints 11 strains. Perfect for any hybrid lover, Collins Ave packs a punch of full-bodied effects that will have you feeling happy and relaxed in almost no time at all. The high starts in the head with a lifted feeling, filling you with a giddy euphoria that pushes out any negative or racing thoughts almost immediately. As your mind settles into this happy state, a calming physical effect will work its way throughout your body, leaving you feeling a touch sedated and totally at ease. In combination with its super high 15-25% average THC level, these long-lasting effects make Collins Ave the perfect bud for treating conditions such as chronic pain, nausea or appetite loss, chronic fatigue, depression or mood swings and chronic stress. This bud has a creamy sour citrus flavor with hints of sweet berries and sharp mint, too. The aroma is earthy and minty with a sweet over tone that turns spicy with hints of heavy diesel as the nugs are broken apart and burned away. Collins Ave buds have fluffy tapered bright neon green nugs with long orange hairs and a coating of frosty tiny white crystal trichomes.

Hmmm. Sounds pretty.

Let's see:

Collins Avenue.JPG

Okay, frosty and tight, but not unlike nugs that I see here all the time (though maybe not my stuff).

This weed has a nice taste, which of course, I'm really unable to describe other than it being spicy. Very tasty!

The effect is real nice. This is truly a well-balanced hybrid! I'm zooted but have not ruled out getting up and cooking dinner. But I think I need to move now if I'm going to get that done! Waiting might not be a good option.:Rasta:

PEACE
Pretty or not nothing beats the satisfaction of growing your own, I'm sure your weed tastes very good & is effective

Highya GDB,

I agree with con about growing your own! Your 3 ladies with pompoms look very nice and healthy! They look so good! Will be fun to try that smoke!! Your two fat bastards look very healthy and ready for uppot! Sour-G just grows kind of weird from what I've read. Hope for the best!! It's always special, though, when you find a new strain and get "zooted" like that! Happy Smokin'

It's pretty stuff, that's for sure!
I couldn't trim weed that close if I tried...
But, until I grow some weed that's so ugly it won't get me high, I'm going with the "looks don't matter" thing... 😁

Back
Top Bottom