ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Hello gang!

I've had a change of heart regarding my Crescendo clone. Letting it just grow straight up with no training may not be the best idea.

So I bent it. Actually I bent it twice. Once to the side and once to the right. And when she stretches some more I'm going to bend her to the right again!

Crescendo clone broken 4-12-23 .jpg

-----------------------------

I have nothing but love for the GM clone in the 2x2 on her Flip + 34.
GM clone 4-12-23 F34.jpg

-----------------------

It's Flip + 71 for the Anxiety group (and + 56 for the Crescendo) and here's the tent pent of them.
ANX tent 4-12-23 F71-55.jpg

-------------------------

Last, I went to Costcos today for "staples." Toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water and nothing else!

I tell Mrs. GDB constantly what a scam it is that Costco lines the main aisle of their store with ever changing merchandise, designed to entice weak-minded shoppers (like me). Today they had this thing along the main aisle:
woozoo.jpg

woozoo turns.jpg

It oscillates vertically and horizontally. Comes with a 5-year warranty. It was discounted $10 off of the $39 retail price.

Could I resist? No chance in hell:

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.
Love this. I’m all over that fan. That may be the perfect fan for underneath the plant facing up. Also, the Crescendo clone looks 110x cooler now, not to mention I agree with you, you’ll do better this way vs. straight up. Nice.

I tell Mrs. GDB constantly what a scam it is that Costco lines the main aisle of their store with ever changing merchandise, designed to entice weak-minded shoppers (like me). Today they had this thing along the main aisle:
woozoo.jpg

woozoo turns.jpg

It oscillates vertically and horizontally. Comes with a 5-year warranty. It was discounted $10 off of the $39 retail price.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.
looks like I'll be running to Costco.

Anxiety group built up like crazy! Rocking!!
And the GM clone showing a very good growth trend!! Well done!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Sounds like the good shit to me!
Haha, it's fun shit anyway Dee!
Hello gang!

I've had a change of heart regarding my Crescendo clone. Letting it just grow straight up with no training may not be the best idea.

So I bent it. Actually I bent it twice. Once to the side and once to the right. And when she stretches some more I'm going to bend her to the right again!

Crescendo clone broken 4-12-23 .jpg

I have nothing but love for the GM clone in the 2x2 on her Flip + 34.
GM clone 4-12-23 F34.jpg

-----------------------

It's Flip + 71 for the Anxiety group (and + 56 for the Crescendo) and here's the tent pent of them.
ANX tent 4-12-23 F71-55.jpg

-------------------------

Last, I went to Costcos today for "staples." Toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water and nothing else!

woozoo.jpg

woozoo turns.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.
Way to revert to plan B! Bend on! Flip + 71! Won't be long for them!
I have to buy a pack of their canned tuna along with that same order.

What’s up Big Daddy GDB??

Have or rather had that same fan. It will do continuous operation, at least mine did. It’s a great machine but mine got toasted via liquid spill on the control panel. Actually I think it was just underneath the plant when I did foliar spray. But to be fair I’m not afraid to hose down the tent in my quest for ipm. Anyway watch out for that liquid thang on control panel beyond that think you will be pleased.

at one point I had taped down some double folded tin foil above the control panel with enough extra foil to wrap underneath the front edges. Think my fan had mostly green lights but I still like to black it all out anyway just in case there’s a penalty red light for bumping wrong button, he, he. But the foil tape down could easily protect the control panel from getting wet. I pulled the tape and blackout foil when I moved the fan from flower to veg so there ya go….

Hope it helps, #*&@… another Costco run

What’s up Big Daddy GDB??

Have or rather had that same fan. It will do continuous operation, at least mine did. It’s a great machine but mine got toasted via liquid spill on the control panel. Actually I think it was just underneath the plant when I did foliar spray. But to be fair I’m not afraid to hose down the tent in my quest for ipm. Anyway watch out for that liquid thang on control panel beyond that think you will be pleased.

at one point I had taped down some double folded tin foil above the control panel with enough extra foil to wrap underneath the front edges. Think my fan had mostly green lights but I still like to black it all out anyway just in case there’s a penalty red light for bumping wrong button, he, he. But the foil tape down could easily protect the control panel from getting wet. I pulled the tape and blackout foil when I moved the fan from flower to veg so there ya go….

Hope it helps, #*&@… another Costco run
I got mine to run continuously as well. Sometimes it helps to read the directions instead of just turning stuff on with a "how complicated can this be" attitude! :)

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 72 for the Reeze McFlurry and I think she's just about done!
RM 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM bud 4-13-23 F72.JPG

RM scope 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope2 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope3 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope1 4-13-23 F72.jpg

She could go a little longer but I can't! :)

She was watered to run-off last night so now I will leave her alone. I'm going for a "mini-drought." That is, I'm not going to give her any water from here on. But I won't be going for an extended drought because I don't think it's feasible in a 3 gallon pot. I'll be satisfied if I can let her go for 5-6 days.

BTW droughters, why rejuvenate the plant at the end of the drought. Why not just take them down without watering them again?

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello growers.

RM 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM bud 4-13-23 F72.JPG

RM scope 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope2 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope3 4-13-23 F72.jpg

RM scope1 4-13-23 F72.jpg

She could go a little longer but I can't! :)

She was watered to run-off last night so now I will leave her alone. I'm going for a "mini-drought." That is, I'm not going to give her any water from here on. But I won't be going for an extended drought because I don't think it's feasible in a 3 gallon pot. I'll be satisfied if I can let her go for 5-6 days.

BTW droughters, why rejuvenate the plant at the end of the drought. Why not just take them down without watering them again?

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
congrates, looks good

Nice plant folding and excellent ripening all around! Also, that clone in the 2x2 is only your favorite now because it's not deep in flower yet. ;)

Looking forward to another Sour G sprout... :nomo:

Nothing seems to change from day to day.
Other than your daily plant shuffle, which is to say everything changes from day to day!
looks like I'll be running to Costco.
Running is the best way to avoid spending an hour looking for parking. :)
Wait, what happened to 10 days?
I'll be satisfied if I can let her go for 5-6 days.
Oh, okay, close enough. Thanks!
I find that buds from a plant that's been watered will dry much more evenly after harvest than ones already drying out at the end. Also, it's hard to time a drought to end exactly at harvest, so preparing to water again gives you that flexibility. Caplan started droughting to 11 days more than 11 days before harvest because that's when he found it most productive for THC increase as well as maintaining harvest weight.

I find that buds from a plant that's been watered will dry much more evenly after harvest than ones drying out at the end. Also, it's hard to time a drought to end exactly to harvest, so preparing to water again gives you that flexibility. Caplan started droughting to 11 days more than 11 days before harvest because that's when he found it most productive for THC increase as well as maintaining harvest weight.
I wonder what the rH of droughted buds are before a rehydrate.

I was always under they same impression as Shed, that the reason for a subsequent watering was to rehydrate the buds to allow the dry and cure phase to proceed as normal. If the buds are too dry going in they won't cure properly.

Caplan started droughting to 11 days more than 11 days before harvest because that's when he found it most productive for THC increase as well as maintaining harvest weight.
Sorry Shed, please clarify. Did he drought for 22 days then? or only for 11 but earlier in the game?

Caplan droughted 11 days and allowed for time between the end of the drought and the harvest to bring the plant back to life again!
It makes sense because we are wanting the trichomes to burst and multiply right? If we just took away the water source, the trichomes may not have the necessary growth spurt to be able to do that? It makes sense that the damage is done earlier so that healing and scarring can occur when water is reintroduced. That's my guess.

congrates, looks good
Thanks con. :thanks:
Congratulations GDB, what a beauty you have there.
Thanks Ms. Carmen!
If you find out let me know. Other than I don't always take them down on that day.
She's flirting with you now!
Seems the answer has been provided below Stone!
Nice plant folding and excellent ripening all around! Also, that clone in the 2x2 is only your favorite now because it's not deep in flower yet. ;)

Looking forward to another Sour G sprout... :nomo:
Thanks Shed. About how tall can a Sour G grow?
I find that buds from a plant that's been watered will dry much more evenly after harvest than ones already drying out at the end. Also, it's hard to time a drought to end exactly at harvest, so preparing to water again gives you that flexibility. Caplan started droughting to 11 days more than 11 days before harvest because that's when he found it most productive for THC increase as well as maintaining harvest weight.

I was always under they same impression as Shed, that the reason for a subsequent watering was to rehydrate the buds to allow the dry and cure phase to proceed as normal. If the buds are too dry going in they won't cure properly.
Thanks guys. Makes perfect sense! :thanks:

And now for a mini-update because -- unfortunately -- I have something to report.

It's Flip + 73 for the Anxiety group (and + 57 for the Crescendo).
ANX tent 4-14-23 F73-57.jpg

Back left is the Pineapple Express clone and the source of some displeasure. Here's what I found on her top-most bud this morning:
PE clone mold 4-14-23 F73.JPG

Yuck, and fuck a duck! :straightface:

I haven't looked any further yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't find any more. I took a few scope shots of her. I would not be completely disappointed if I could salvage some of her now.
PE clone scope 4-14-23 F73.jpg

PE clone scope1 4-14-23 F73.jpg

--------------------------------

Here's my bent but not broken Crescendo clone on her day 29.
Crescendo clone 4-14-23 D29.jpg

----------------------------

And last, here's the Gush Mints clone on her Flip + 36. She was cut from the tip of the momma and has grown symmetrically, just like a plant from seed! I've never had a clone like her.
GM clone 4-14-23 F36.jpg

So that's it for today.

This is a good example of why I'm always happy when I have "nothing to report."

Thanks for stopping by!

PEACE.

Damn GDB outside of that one patch was there anymore?

How do you go about salvaging any of it?

They are incredibly big buds! Your buds always look like footballs :rofl:
Mine look like Belichick has been holding them on the sidelines compared to yours! GeeZ! 💀:rofl:😅

Damn, that sucks.
Hopefully that's the only spot of it.
And your other plants still look good!
It's my fault.

I usually run this tent with two 9-inch fans up top blowing down/across the plants. One of them (the left) died on me recently. I bought a replacement but put it on the floor instead of up top. (Another Lazy-Meter win.) So being in the left rear corner, the tallish plant was getting little circulation up top. I moved the new fan back up top after finding the mold.
Its certainly not some crazy long limbed sativa I can tell you that!
✔️

--------------------------------

I have removed the moldy cola from the PE clone and have not seen any more mold (yet).

Today was the group's 1L of water day. Likely due to the distraction of the mold discovery, I forgot I was droughting the Reeze McFlurry and gave her a liter of water! I'm thinking it could be helpful to create a spreadsheet of my brain farts. :)

PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom