Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

This is exactly why I've never gotten a medical card in any state (I've lived in 3 that offered the option). Until I can legally grow this plant when, where, and how I want to, I'll stay hidden. I agree with you that it certainly sounds like a good plan on their part. I'm not as sure that's what is happening in the US though. Our legalization efforts are coming from the local level. If I see a radical shift in US federal policy, that's when I'll start getting worried. I get real upset if I spend to much time thinking about the absurdity of making a plant illegal.

There has to be a way to connect patients in need with growers that want to help. That's the original concept behind dispensaries, but it seems that mission has been distorted. Craigslist is still risky if the grower has to do the patient screening. Perhaps that's the part that needs to be done by the public facing person. As a grower, I primarily want to make sure the person isn't a narc or thief just looking to find growers. Second, I'd like to provide for someone I feel some sort of bond with. It's sounding like we need something like an online dating site. Growers answer questions about what sort of patient they want to assist, ie I want a cancer patient, uses about 2 oz a month, no edibles, and prefers couch lock strains. Then the patient would answer the corresponding questions. The main thing that would be different is we would need a reliable screening process. hmmmm... website idea maybe?

Dude,
You could be onto something there.
Great ideas..
The only thing about creating a website to do this, would allow the gov to monitor what is going on.
And you know what happens when the government hears of someone trying to meddle in their money plans?
They'll shut that shit down faster than you can blink.
There has to be a way to keep it underground but still give patients access to the network.
I know the web would be the only realistic way to do it, but it's not 100% secure.
hmmmmmmmmm..

Loooking good as always!

I do have a couple questions. I use Koolbloom dry and start adding it as soon as the buds are developing, i just start at half dose. Have you always used the liquid and dry combo? Or have you used just one or the other?

Also, have you ever planted the popped seeds directly into soil rather than the rapid rooters? Is there a big success difference for you?

Oh and I dont have a journel set up yet...sorry....but I know youre good with OGs. Well I have these faceoff ogs and all the brantches stretched as tall as the main stock. The nugs are looking good, but the large internodal spacing is making me fear that I will have tiny nugs. Any reccomendations or am I worrying too much?

Thanks!
positive vibes!

Loooking good as always!

I do have a couple questions. I use Koolbloom dry and start adding it as soon as the buds are developing, i just start at half dose. Have you always used the liquid and dry combo? Or have you used just one or the other?

Also, have you ever planted the popped seeds directly into soil rather than the rapid rooters? Is there a big success difference for you?

Oh and I dont have a journel set up yet...sorry....but I know youre good with OGs. Well I have these faceoff ogs and all the brantches stretched as tall as the main stock. The nugs are looking good, but the large internodal spacing is making me fear that I will have tiny nugs. Any reccomendations or am I worrying too much?

Thanks!
positive vibes!

Hey Stricktly,
good to see ya bro.

You shouldn't be using Koolbloom dry until the end of flowering.
It's meant as a one week (window) bloom fert that's basically designed to overload the plant with so much P that it causes bud explosion in the final week (before flush).
I always have used Liquid Koolbloom throughout flowering and love it.
Then I replace it with dry in that final week, but I've learned to go easy with it.
It can do weird things since it's so high in P.
The #1 bad thing is it can cause plants to hermie.. not good.
Can make buds foxtail really bad.
And it can burn them horribly if not careful.
Anything that intentionally causes the plant stress, can cause issues in the end.
And since Koolbloom dry was basically designed for just that reason. To stress them out so much they'll produce more, I'd advise exercising extreme caution when using it, or any Explosive bloom booster for that matter..
:thumb:

As for planting seeds directly into soil. I haven't had any experience with doing so.
Keeping your internode spacing short in veg will help with bigger buds. GLR has proved good for this at least for me.
How far along in flower are you?

Hi Strickly, I use the GH Flora line too and Vick is following their recommendations AFAICT. They recommend using the liquid throughout bloom and switch to dry only at the end. I'm only using the liquid for this first run. I'm not sure if I'll be adding the dry in my next run. I think I'd like to establish a baseline with my current regiment first. Then I can make a meaningful assessment of any improvement from using the dry Koolbloom.

Hawaii is a very strange place when it comes to helping others. I have helped only two folks and unfortunately they both have passed away. One cancer patient and the other was an older lady who was beaten over and over by her ex husband. She had had 14 re-constructive surgeries to be able to talk again. I got to know and love each one. It sure hurt when they passed.

Yes we can be growers and providers here in Hawaii...BUT.....there is no way to find patients! The are no lists or anything. If you just happen to meet someone that needs help you can list yourself as a care giver. They have to get a license too. I could go to one place that is a ticket mill and ask the patients if the needed help, however I'm afraid to do that. This place has been in trouble before.
We have no dispensaries either. It's a mess. People need help and there is no way to find them. They are trying to get it so an oz or less is a misdemeanor and is just a fine. We need legalization now.

Seems sad. There is a big need for advocacy groups to facilitate meeting patients, I know that has to be a logistical nightmare and risky as well. I have been looking into starting a not for profit here in Florida. Something along the lines of Medical MJ education and patient advocacy. There is a good chance medical MJ will be on the ballot next year. WE have a huge player in the mix now. Man has ties to the white house through fund raising and is a major political player here in FL. He just joined the board of a large Medical MJ group.

Seems sad. There is a big need for advocacy groups to facilitate meeting patients, I know that has to be a logistical nightmare and risky as well. I have been looking into starting a not for profit here in Florida. Something along the lines of Medical MJ education and patient advocacy. There is a good chance medical MJ will be on the ballot next year. WE have a huge player in the mix now. Man has ties to the white house through fund raising and is a major political player here in FL. He just joined the board of a large Medical MJ group.

Hi spring2012 I think risk is a big factor why no person or group will start even an educational group here. There are no "What you can or can't dos here" publications or announcements. Another problem is we have so many Cultures here, with different ideas. :smokin:

Thanks for the reps guys!
I did a major mite treatment yesterday and last night.
Did a final gassing with the CO2 in the daytime to kill off any remaining mommies and daddy's.
Then boiled some chilli's and garlic in water enough to fill a 1 litre spray bottle.
Added 5 ml's of Rosemary extract and a few drops of dish soap.
I pulled them all out for a cleanup and minor defol. Then sprayed them each down really good under leaves and on top.
That should be the end of them bitches, and all the eggs, but will be doing one more treatment right before flip to make sure.
Picked up a new 30 pint dehuey yesterday and have it running during lights off maintaining at 40% RH. I was worried about lights off temps dropping to 63 F on some days, and was just about to throw a heater in there on a temp controller. But after putting in the dehuey, the exhaust from the unit warms the room to a perfect 72 degrees F!
The room is now exactly where I want it.
CO2, exhaust, RH, temps, all dialed.
Everything is running perfect.
So I'm thinking one more week of vigorous vegging, and we'll be entering flower.

Thanks jon.
:high-five:

Forgot to mention, thanks to high 420kwats for suggesting the Rosemary oil and chillies for the mites.
It made me cough up a lung in the process, but it seems to have worked.

Good job taking care of the pests! That concoction makes me want to gag a little just thinking about it. No wonder it kills mites. :blalol:

Yeah it's a little hard on the lungs and eyes at initial spray.
But the Rosemary leaves the whole room smelling really nice and fresh.
I popped my head in this morning and it smelled and looked like they had just had an aroma therapy session.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Next time, it's just Rosemary minus the chillies.

hey Vick!
great work on mite control! thats some dedication spraying each one individually- esp when you got a few! but def necessary :cheesygrinsmiley:
you got me thinking about aromatherapy now loL .. *looks for the ole oil burner* i wonder how a few little popcorn buds would go in an oil prep for the burner?? might have to try that one 'OGK citrus' mmmmm :cheesygrinsmiley:

hey Vick!
great work on mite control! thats some dedication spraying each one individually- esp when you got a few! but def necessary :cheesygrinsmiley:
you got me thinking about aromatherapy now loL .. *looks for the ole oil burner* i wonder how a few little popcorn buds would go in an oil prep for the burner?? might have to try that one 'OGK citrus' mmmmm :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good idea,
I've got an arizer solo vaporizer.
And it came with a aroma therapy attachment.
OG Kush with citrus you say?
Might just have to try that..

No reason to thank me just passing along what I have found on this forum and other.I just put a rosemary plant into my tent. I was going to put her outside but I think this might be my odor control and I'll have fresh rosemary whenever i like. I have a rosemary brown butter recipe if anyone wants it, just pm me. It's great on anykind of grilled bread. I have really enjoyed your journals and so many others. There is so much knowledge on this forum and many people are so friendly to help. I really like the fact that so many try all different kinds of growing. so much to learn. I'm presently starting to use IMO's ( Indigenous Micro Organisms ) and also LAB ( Lactic acid bacillus) this help in so many ways. Sorry for jacking the tread. Should not of posted after smoking. look foward to many more pics of the garden.

Just to be fair I did not suggest to hot pepper. I saw that one also when looking for relief from the little sap suckers. I would have liked to see the look on you face and lets not forget your eyes when spraying and smelling this hot pepper garlic with rosemary. How much and what kind of pepper did you use? By the way just the rosemary extract oil 3-4ml's per 800mls/QT spray bottle worked for me. Sprayed every day for 3 days and took a break for a couple of days. Wish I'd gone a week str8. I still have the free sample's of sns in the cabinet. Now I use it with my seaweed as a foliar works great have not seen a mite since. But I do remember bring something inside the tent without even thinking about what is on it. eveything must be very clean and stay clean, just my 2 cents. sorry again.

I think I read somewhere else about the pepper. And they used Rosemary and garlic with it.
Can't remember where I read it. damn.
I diced 5 habenaro's threw in a few cloves of garlic, simmered in distilled water for an hour or so, then filtered it through a coffee filter, put it in a spray bottle added 5 ml's or Rosemary, a drop of dish soap and then sprayed away.
yeah, my face didn't look very happy after spraying 10 of em.
think I damn near broke some blood vessels in my eyeballs coughing so hard! lol

Back
Top Bottom