Vex's 1st Fluxing: Be Gentle, Cookies Kush, PS Dwarf Star, RADDWC, Dewey Misters

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing - Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mis

Hey Roost!

Are you concerned with only slower growth, or issues with plant due to hst down the road?

If it's time, so far she's been growing back enough to be trimmed every 3-4 days.

Both. I used to defoliate hard. Used to scrog. Then a master grower named Jerry opened my eyes to how much I was stunting my plant. I ran the same strain side by side without defoliating and harvested 20 more grams on that plant. Same food and everything and all that plant got was a topping and a mild lollipop down low. Versus stripping my plants like that.

It's all a learning curve and everyone does things differently. If you are happy with your results please continue to do what your doing.
I just happen to have seen a positive impact by not doing that anymore.

Re: Vex's 1st Fluxing - Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Mis

Thank you!

I'm definitely still learning, and appreciate the explanation.

My understanding and attempt was to remove the growth early for the "Fluxing" method.

If I were scrogging, or even manifolding, I would not defol with much or this often.

I'll also be defoliating way less when she goes vertical.

There's just not much green left for photosynthesis when stripping that much. I strip lower inner growth that won't do as well but as far as stuff at the end of the branches I'd leave a good 3 nodes at the end of the branch to absorb light and continue taking the back nodes as new ones spit out. May be beneficial for what your attempting. That way there you always have some green left without completely shocking the plant. But like I said to each their own. Everyone has a million suggestions for what you should do but in the end it's your grow. And you may be doing something different than someone else so you have better results. But as far as photosynthesis is concerned you would be growing faster with a little more green left.

When fluxing I make minor adjustments everyday and trim up once a week. With 1 exception the little lead on main flux arms. See at the end of my finger? The missing leaf from the growing tip. As soon as it's there take it.
DSC_3927.JPG

When it comes to defoiliation, you do need to leave something to power growth forwards. This was as extreme as I went.

DSC_47691.JPG

Ok, thanks again!! Makes total sense.

I'll be sure to not go so heavy, especially snipping the fan leaves at the tips. Will also snip n clip once a week. .

I'm definitely a newbie. Lol

Puffing on some Cannalope Haze for the first time. Mmmm

Hey Vex, I'm mainlining right now, which uses heavy defoilation like fluxing. I've noticed that if you do it at the wrong time it definitely stunts growth. I was under the impression that it speeds up the plant growing new nodes. However after mainlining 3 plants now, I have to say in my experience the benefit is nominal.

I'm finding it better to do it only after plants start to become bushy and have 3+ nodes of growth. And even then I'm leaving fan leaves now.

Since changing it up my plants seem much happier and growing at a faster rate. I still believe in the technique, just with a more limited application.

When fluxing I make minor adjustments everyday and trim up once a week. With 1 exception the little lead on main flux arms. See at the end of my finger? The missing leaf from the growing tip. As soon as it's there take it.
DSC_3927.JPG

When it comes to defoiliation, you do need to leave something to power growth forwards. This was as extreme as I went.

DSC_47691.JPG

Awesome! Thanks for the share, and tips!

Hey Vex, I'm mainlining right now, which uses heavy defoilation like fluxing. I've noticed that if you do it at the wrong time it definitely stunts growth. I was under the impression that it speeds up the plant growing new nodes. However after mainlining 3 plants now, I have to say in my experience the benefit is nominal.

I'm finding it better to do it only after plants start to become bushy and have 3+ nodes of growth. And even then I'm leaving fan leaves now.

Since changing it up my plants seem much happier and growing at a faster rate. I still believe in the technique, just with a more limited application.

Sweet! I will keep this in mind as well.

Love the way they turn up so fast.
Oh yeah! The Dwarf Star covers 3x3.5, she's in a 2x2. Lots o' light!
She be a different lady again tomorrow. :passitleft:
She's been growing back like a champ!

Dinner smoke:

Sour Kush with Bruce Banner Wax core. .
420-magazine-mobile75483161.jpg

Niiice! Enjoy, buddy!

You'll have quite the collection of fine smoke at the rate you're going. .

OK, I'll load up with some White Widow. That otta cover the bases.

I have a few nice ones i want to do soon but ill have to get my perpetual started before i can really rotate the way i want.

I think my next grow will be Godzilla Glue and Gelato #33. I can get seeds and/or clones near by.

Back
Top Bottom