Trala’s Tent

Minxie looks sad. Her leaves are yellowing and her buds are lacklustre compared to the other two.

My humidity is 45%. Temp 20. I think I jumped the shark. Do they look a week or 2 off to you?

OMG I am so sick of all this timer macro loupe hygrometer business! I have never mollycoddled such needy weeds! Is that another thing I need to buy?

And it did make sense, and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Omg G we’re nearly thereeeeeeeeee!
So close now T. Dont worry about yellowing now at all , this is called fading out. The plants can sense a finish when so close to harvest and often start to withdraw chlorophyll naturally. It is a similar to a natural flushing she does in prep for survival. People who flush see this from about 2 weeks before the plants end and it kick-starts the survival mode which makes them look dreadful for their last cycles amd also starves them of feed during a very important time. This is budswell territory we arw in now. This time period before the finish they will expand in girth as the next week passes , final week tends to be more for ripening the trichs to the desired finish .
Don't worry about a hygrometer at all. Never had one or used one ever but I do use Boveda packs in each jar for curing stage. These are for cigars and keep the moisture level at a perfect 6.2% . This keeps the temps at their best for longevity and storing. The packs are readily available and cheap in 10 packs. They ensure no mould can build up in the jar and also add a little moisture if we dried too quickly too. I use them constant and they work a treat. boveda pack - Google Search as an example.

Now I can teach the old G dog a new trick.

You 100% can. I really accidentally discovered this. I got my tent in the Australian bud season in April. Outdoor growers here tend to work on that plant around Fathers Day, pick around Mother's Day rule. I wanted guaranteed females, and try my luck with two seeds. I have a gf who just grows, in hindsight, really messy looking personal, so I rang her for a cutting. She said, of course, but she didn’t know how I’d go as hers were all in full bud, but I was more than welcome to take a few cuttings. I took 4, and struck all 4, but culled two as I was originally only wanting one plant due to my tiny tent.

Twiggy was a bud taken from a nice looking plant, and Kate Bush and the other two were buds that came off the ugliest stringiest crack whores you have ever seen. My bud clone has powered past the seeds in growth. Kate only slowed when I threw her outside.

So in my experience, you can clone buds.
Curious now. How far into flowering were the buds T ?. Never gone past 2 weeks in flower for cuttings but have seen many revegged after harvest. Could well be a real discovery for me and many others here T , no joke. Damn I want to know now !!!. Lol
Wish we could have been on board from the off with them. No wonder you struggled initially too. Re veg is a nightmare to go through as they totally glitch the matrix as they switch but a bud formed and growing for cuttings has to go through those changes with the addition of recovering the shock and loss of all access to feed. You must have been so "on it" to get any through T. Dont be underestimating your abilities ever hun, Seriously. The girl done unbelievably good by accident and not allowing any preconceived ideas halt the progress and it worked.!!!

Sure you can cut clones at any point but they can be harder to take root when cut from a host plant that is already in flower cycle. As you probably know - any clone taken from a plant in flower is called monster cropped and will result in a bushy beast.

Since Tra’s plants were cut from a plant that was already in flower her crew of “cloned” plants are / were monster cropped from day 1.

If clones are cut from the lower sections of a plant that was started from seed you typically get a clone with symmetrical or even pairs of nodes that start side by side on the stem. Clones cut from the top of the plant will have alternating pairs - they are asymmetrical or stacked left, right, left, right... Same for clones of clones - they have alternating nodes. I don’t say this cause I’m trying to sound like pro cuz I’m definitely not, just sharing what I picked up here.

Does this make sense? If not hopefully someone can do better.... my brain is not awake enough to explain this correctly - guess I better try harder on the wake n bake huh?

I love the fact you clarified, Special K!

I can just see you “we got her all the way to this point only to have her dry fucking fan leaves and throw away the bud due to a typo...”
Least you could make some hash from the leaves. Dont waste your trim TraLa.
20200820_231759.jpg

Has a great kick to it too. Very old school.
Makes me grin like a fool.
99c6710d494a3af643245c863c11cb81.jpg

My mate doesn't like the hit though
845a94fc08020084af3a3c31c2f87fb3--ugly-guys-ugly-men.jpg

But my besty reckons it hits the spot for him too
72ca2d74469be0bbb3634d55d9728d53--weird-pictures-animal-pictures.jpg
Nice to take a break from the cat-walk work and chill together , kick our shoes off
traditional-shoes-or-clogs-or-stock-image__x6m-2002712.jpg
shoes-typical-italian-wooden-folklore-clogs-wood-shoes-typical-italian-socks-X8J0PH.jpg

and shoot the breeze with Mrs GG
c25685e788f92566212f3d566765528e.jpg
Can't beat the lockdown for getting together wirh friends who matter. :Namaste: :green_heart:

Sure you can cut clones at any point but they can be harder to take root when cut from a host plant that is already in flower cycle. As you probably know - any clone taken from a plant in flower is called monster cropped and will result in a bushy beast.

Since Tra’s plants were cut from a plant that was already in flower her crew of “cloned” plants are / were monster cropped from day 1.

If clones are cut from the lower sections of a plant that was started from seed you typically get a clone with symmetrical or even pairs of nodes that start side by side on the stem. Clones cut from the top of the plant will have alternating pairs - they are asymmetrical or stacked left, right, left, right... Same for clones of clones - they have alternating nodes. I don’t say this cause I’m trying to sound like pro cuz I’m definitely not, just sharing what I picked up here.

Does this make sense? If not hopefully someone can do better.... my brain is not awake enough to explain this correctly - guess I better try harder on the wake n bake huh?
I get and practice monster cropping but have always stuck to the "2 week into flower " as a max time to do it. I am curious now as to how long inti fliwering they were as TraLa mentioned formed buds which seems like a lot longer than that into the cycle. Not seen it done past that point before on a stem with formed bud

Yes sir, I figured you did along the way but if taken beyond 2 weeks and the buds are there it will often build a crown thing kinda like on a long reveg either that or it will just get bushy af. Any buds left don’t really finish out from what I’ve seen but I don’t have much depth of experience maybe someone can explain better -

Woo-wee some nice pics..... well a couple of them anyway! Your friends seem normal but those sure are some funky shoes!! Don’t hate the player, hate the game....

All right Mr. GGD, be cool like me! :cool: Peace out bro

So close now T. Dont worry about yellowing now at all , this is called fading out. The plants can sense a finish when so close to harvest and often start to withdraw chlorophyll naturally. It is a similar to a natural flushing she does in prep for survival. People who flush see this from about 2 weeks before the plants end and it kick-starts the survival mode which makes them look dreadful for their last cycles amd also starves them of feed during a very important time. This is budswell territory we arw in now. This time period before the finish they will expand in girth as the next week passes , final week tends to be more for ripening the trichs to the desired finish .
Don't worry about a hygrometer at all. Never had one or used one ever but I do use Boveda packs in each jar for curing stage. These are for cigars and keep the moisture level at a perfect 6.2% . This keeps the temps at their best for longevity and storing. The packs are readily available and cheap in 10 packs. They ensure no mould can build up in the jar and also add a little moisture if we dried too quickly too. I use them constant and they work a treat. boveda pack - Google Search as an example.
Minxie looks the rattiest. I cut two sad looking buds off her today.

I’m worried I’m not going to pick them at the right time. I just have no faith I will know the right time.

I just bought a 10 pack :)

Least you could make some hash from the leaves. Dont waste your trim TraLa.
20200820_231759.jpg

Has a great kick to it too. Very old school.
Makes me grin like a fool.
99c6710d494a3af643245c863c11cb81.jpg

My mate doesn't like the hit though
845a94fc08020084af3a3c31c2f87fb3--ugly-guys-ugly-men.jpg

But my besty reckons it hits the spot for him too
72ca2d74469be0bbb3634d55d9728d53--weird-pictures-animal-pictures.jpg
Nice to take a break from the cat-walk work and chill together , kick our shoes off
traditional-shoes-or-clogs-or-stock-image__x6m-2002712.jpg
shoes-typical-italian-wooden-folklore-clogs-wood-shoes-typical-italian-socks-X8J0PH.jpg

and shoot the breeze with Mrs GG
c25685e788f92566212f3d566765528e.jpg
Can't beat the lockdown for getting together wirh friends who matter. :Namaste: :green_heart:
L O L L I N G !

I have about 3oz of leaf so far. I have a gf who bakes with it, so I’ll prolly give it to her.

I get and practice monster cropping but have always stuck to the "2 week into flower " as a max time to do it. I am curious now as to how long inti fliwering they were as TraLa mentioned formed buds which seems like a lot longer than that into the cycle. Not seen it done past that point before on a stem with formed bud
I got my clones from a female in full bud. I think it was maybe weeks off. I had no idea it would work but it did. The clones have more arms than an octopus and were never tipped. If you look at the first page Kate Bush is the bigger clone, and Twiggy is the tiny one. I took Twiggy off the bottom branches, because I didn’t want to take the good sized buds. It was a tiny runty looking thing too. The bigger (Kate) clone was taken off a starving crack whore looking plant.

Yes sir, I figured you did along the way but if taken beyond 2 weeks and the buds are there it will often build a crown thing kinda like on a long reveg either that or it will just get bushy af. Any buds left don’t really finish out from what I’ve seen but I don’t have much depth of experience maybe someone can explain better -

Woo-wee some nice pics..... well a couple of them anyway! Your friends seem normal but those sure are some funky shoes!! Don’t hate the player, hate the game....

Remember that strange bay leaf looking leaf it grew?

Yes ma’am, the funky single blades tipped it was reveg.

Howdy partner - is that your horse parked out front?
Thank ya sir :)

Howdy, right back at ya partner!

That ain’t no horse. That there is ma dog. We breed ‘em big in these parts.

You must! I’ve never seen a pooch with a saddle. :laugh:

I hope your weekend is stellar... :circle-of-love:
Its 0330 and I am sitting in a nurses station listening to the sweet symphony of patients snoring, cardiac monitors, and the hum of a bipap machine. So far Sunday sucks arse.

I got my clones from a female in full bud. I think it was maybe weeks off. I had no idea it would work but it did. The clones have more arms than an octopus and were never tipped. If you look at the first page Kate Bush is the bigger clone, and Twiggy is the tiny one. I took Twiggy off the bottom branches, because I didn’t want to take the good sized buds. It was a tiny runty looking thing too. The bigger (Kate) clone was taken off a starving crack whore looking plant.
Lower growth would make some sense as it is at an earlier development stage of flower , similar to ones used for reveg and left on to convert back. You have done so well to get them to even take T. Brilliant start to your career indoor honestly.

:cool: Always the way. Peace and blessings bud

Stay safe Tra! What's it like in your hospital/region relative to the pandemic?
Getting daily health messages to go to Victoria to help. Sounds like many QLD nurses are grabbing the opportunity to help out too which is good. At this stage I am staying put in my ward, that could change if the need changes down south. My background isn’t respiratory, just have to wait and see.

As far as QLD goes, we are okay.

How are things for you across the ditch?

Back
Top Bottom