Trala’s Tent

Looking fricken awesome,
Short for Crack whores to leggy sexy ladies :love:
They don't look far off being ready from what I can see.

I have to say you are in that elite club of growers that manage to keep their plants looking happy right to the end :high-five:

Mr K is right, you gotta little bit of foxtailing going on, nothing to worry about.
Best guess is you have a week or 2 before they are ready.

Ok so you really would benefit from using your camera macro attachment thingy, with out the lense cap this time.
Daily close ups of the buds taken with a steady hand and we might be able to help advise when to chop.

You're so gonna enjoy trimming them, and you just have to film it for us, just be sure to slap one of those parental advisory explicit language warnings on it if you do ;)

:goodjob::green_heart:
Thanks babe :love:

I have totally got the trimming part down. So easy. I’ll just do what I did to my outdoor plants. I literally just cut the branches with scissors no trimming at all except cutting off big leaves. Hung it till it was crispy (except for the oz’s that obviously wasn’t dried given the cloud of toxic mould dust that puffed out when I opened the jars) then put it in small jars which were never opened again until it was smoked, for the last jar that was 10 weeks.

Are you suggesting my drying method is flawed?

Beautiful plants, Tra. Especially Kate. What kind of "mongrels" are these?? :laugh:

I'm still thinking you might be a pro who's been having us on this whole time... :laughtwo:
Thank you!

Totes a pro hon ;)

Hey Tra, Back in post 883 BillPopy estimated 48 days on those sativas. That’s kicks out to first week of September IIRC. The cool deal is you’ve got multiple plants. You can take some early and wait for others to ripen. It’s possible to harvest the top buds while letting the mids & lowers grow for another week or two... if that helps. I would bud wash anything immediately after chopping. Also I would label every bit so you know which plant and which method turns out best down the road. Write down the plant name, date of chop, wet weight, dob and mother’s maiden - ooops my bad.

Take half a plant for an air dry then into traditional glass jars with burping and use other half to do low & slow curing in the fridge. Mix it up too do wet trim on part and some dry trim. Don’t forget scissor hash! After bud wash ALL of the fan leaves, sugar leaves and trim (no matter if crispy/burnt) can be used for oil or cobs although I would put some good bud in there just to help potency.

I know you have a whole team of experts here but I’m going to drop a link to the Harvest, Preparation & Curing section. It’s great reading.... but don’t let the size of the threads intimidate you, for example the Low & Slow thread is hundred pages, all you need is page 1 or 2 for the basics and to get your groove on. Towards the end of the thread there may be new insights from those practicing the methods regularly. Do you have materials.... glass jars, lids and mini hygrometers?

Any-who you are driving the fuck out of this bus and I’m happy to be along for the ride!!! Harvest Prep & Curing there ya go.

Peace out & everyone be safe out there!!!

PS... Syenite - Tra is growing a new strain it’s called Mongrels X Crack Whores! random bagseed :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
Yeah Rainman worked it out.

What’s IRC?

That is a great idea regarding the labelling date, wet weight, etc. I’ll definitely do that. And I only have only ever had a maiden name. I have never been married. I have been asked a few times. It’s just not my thing.

I have zero idea how to dry properly. I can 100% get you mould buds, or buds so crispy the disintegrate when you touch them tho :D

I have no idea what scissor hash even is.

I will defs look at that thread.

I‘m getting glass jars this week. Oh of course I have a mini hygrometer! Do you think I’m a savage?!

Seriously tho, what the fuck is a hydrometer?

Thanks so much 013. You have been such fabulous support. You have been with me from the get go. You were my welcoming committee and my very first forum friend.

Xo :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:Xo

Now THEY are flowering cannabis plants T. Looking good , worried not seen you here, thought the worse. Phew.

Hahaha not without really trying again!!!!. Lol
Just work life getting in the way of my forum life.

I have been in here every day at some point tho. Xo

See you thought you were done with acronyms and fucked up grower lingo! Ha we got you there... scissor hash is when your trim scissors are gummed to the max with trichs. It doesn’t wash off with water so you scrape it into a bowl, apply fire and inhale. Unless you are Bill Clinton, he smoked but he didn’t inhale! Nor did he have sex with that person - she blew him, or so the story goes.

IiRC is stoner speak for If I recall correctly... see if we preface any comment with that then we are covered according to Stoners Rule of Law § 1.12 oh fuck I was stoned but I said IIRC. Wham goes the gavel and the judge says yup they said IIRC so he/she is not guilty!

Not married - you are way cooler than I ever imagined!!! Yes of course you are a savage, anyone that mains, kills and hermies helpless little plants is a bonified card carrying savage. I must be the leader of savages huh? (Don’t answer that one - please!)

You seriously don’t know what a hydrometer is? Well fuckity, fuck neither do I. Obviously my spell checker is broken yeah that’s what I can blame it on!

All right my sweet lady friend it’s always a pleasure to give you grief, come back soon for another installment.

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:

I worked out the loupe!

OMG I think Twiggy is cooked!

! 0CEF6DFC-CBB3-4D5A-AB43-C22EE4F8C034.jpeg F921065E-AAAA-4E70-9666-ABB33CF2B097.jpeg DDDD6DB0-2112-4661-91FF-04D54B1E23EC.jpeg

See you thought you were done with acronyms and fucked up grower lingo! Ha we got you there... scissor hash is when your trim scissors are gummed to the max with trichs. It doesn’t wash off with water so you scrape it into a bowl, apply fire and inhale. Unless you are Bill Clinton, he smoked but he didn’t inhale! Nor did he have sex with that person - she blew him, or so the story goes.

IiRC is stoner speak for If I recall correctly... see if we preface any comment with that then we are covered according to Stoners Rule of Law § 1.12 oh fuck I was stoned but I said IIRC. Wham goes the gavel and the judge says yup they said IIRC so he/she is not guilty!

Not married - you are way cooler than I ever imagined!!! Yes of course you are a savage, anyone that mains, kills and hermies helpless little plants is a bonified card carrying savage. I must be the leader of savages huh? (Don’t answer that one - please!)

You seriously don’t know what a hydrometer is? Well fuckity, fuck neither do I. Obviously my spell checker is broken yeah that’s what I can blame it on!

All right my sweet lady friend it’s always a pleasure to give you grief, come back soon for another installment.

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Must keep that rule handy. Thanks for that one.
Great post.lol

Hi T. They look mighty good.
On drying , there are lots of methods and ideas around "best way"
For me , ideally dry intact with all but the big fan leaves removed though. They won't help much but the other leaves will cover the buds when hung. This will keep moisture in a little which in THIS method is needed. I then hang in a dark place with good air exchange nut no blowing directly at the plants. The temps need to be as low as possible but around 18-19°C and a steady humidity around 50%. This will slow dry the plant Iver approx 10 days and allow any remaining chlorophyll in the stems , leaves ect to be used up as she dehydrates to an eventual stop. The processes still continue during drying with her pushing all her energy into maintaining the freshness of her buds for possible germination till her last cell dies. This has an effect of removing a lot of the harshness that people try to rescue after drying too quickly and wrongly assume the taste will come back from curing. Drying fast kills terpenes ( smell/taste profile mainly) and leaves the weed tasting like dried hay.
Once the plant branches are at a slightly snappable stage , she isnready to harvest.
Remove all leaf matter from the plant and then you can choose to trim the small sugar leaves poking out of the buds structure or remove those with good scissors at their base in the actual bud. This would totally remove any chance of a harsh nip to the smoke as the green(chlorophyll) is what causes this taste. Trimming them closely also helps do the similar but not as cleanly.
You can then cut the buds off for jarring and far less curing time than if dried faster. Leaves can then be used for hash making ( done some on my diary recently to show how !).
This is my ideal way and how I try to donit as a rule but wet trimming is also an option amd involves trimming all leaves close to the bud as possible and removing all the other leaves too. Plants can be hung intact or cut into smaller branches to dry quicker. Both usable and acceptable ways for a good finish but i cannot stress the importance of the drying enough. This is where it can go wrong very easily as you jave experiences of yourself. Crumbly bud will have lost a ot of its potency and smell amd wet the same with bud rot being a possibility if jarred too damp. 6.2 is the ideal rh for the jars when you put the hygrometer in the jar with them to check with the lid on. Phew , hope that all made some sense?.

Minxie is the least attractive plant. In fact some of her buds look dry. I’m not sure what to do with her.

09D578DB-7F91-4A88-B55C-7B57A41594B2.jpeg 6086328A-A4FD-451C-9F50-E123DDFB3257.jpeg 42034B02-64D3-4431-A35B-A4FBC4664337.jpeg 421865E9-29FD-48C7-90CE-3B0DEDEBED5E.jpeg

Trixie is a stunner. I’ll defs clone her if I can. Her smell is mind blowing.

95B18320-F3DA-4B49-8C4B-9885838D4ABC.jpeg 93DEA279-1580-495A-A089-DCEE6C1A43F6.jpeg 85A68485-0EA6-4911-A793-FAB4E91F315E.jpeg
You can't clone her now !!!!! Latest possible time is 2 weeks into veg period for cutting clones

ideally dry intact with all but the big fan leaves removed though
I think you meant to say "nothing but the big fan leaves removed" or "all the big fan leaves removed" (please correct me if I'm wrong!) ;)

I think you meant to say "nothing but the big fan leaves removed" or "all the big fan leaves removed" (please correct me if I'm wrong!) ;)
I deliberated this one myself too mr krip then read it as "with all , but the big fan leaves removed . I missed the comma. Doh. Hope it doesn't throw her out , it is TraLa after all. Lol

For me , ideally dry intact with all but the big fan leaves removed though.

Phew , hope that all made some sense?.
Perfect sense.

So I have removed everything but the fan leaves, and I have the fan leaves hanging to dry.

See I fucked this up too in my outdoor grow! I threw the fan leaves out and dried the buds!

L O L L I N G !

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Hi T. They look mighty good.
On drying , there are lots of methods and ideas around "best way"
For me , ideally dry intact with all but the big fan leaves removed though. They won't help much but the other leaves will cover the buds when hung. This will keep moisture in a little which in THIS method is needed. I then hang in a dark place with good air exchange nut no blowing directly at the plants. The temps need to be as low as possible but around 18-19°C and a steady humidity around 50%. This will slow dry the plant Iver approx 10 days and allow any remaining chlorophyll in the stems , leaves ect to be used up as she dehydrates to an eventual stop. The processes still continue during drying with her pushing all her energy into maintaining the freshness of her buds for possible germination till her last cell dies. This has an effect of removing a lot of the harshness that people try to rescue after drying too quickly and wrongly assume the taste will come back from curing. Drying fast kills terpenes ( smell/taste profile mainly) and leaves the weed tasting like dried hay.
Once the plant branches are at a slightly snappable stage , she isnready to harvest.
Remove all leaf matter from the plant and then you can choose to trim the small sugar leaves poking out of the buds structure or remove those with good scissors at their base in the actual bud. This would totally remove any chance of a harsh nip to the smoke as the green(chlorophyll) is what causes this taste. Trimming them closely also helps do the similar but not as cleanly.
You can then cut the buds off for jarring and far less curing time than if dried faster. Leaves can then be used for hash making ( done some on my diary recently to show how !).
This is my ideal way and how I try to donit as a rule but wet trimming is also an option amd involves trimming all leaves close to the bud as possible and removing all the other leaves too. Plants can be hung intact or cut into smaller branches to dry quicker. Both usable and acceptable ways for a good finish but i cannot stress the importance of the drying enough. This is where it can go wrong very easily as you jave experiences of yourself. Crumbly bud will have lost a ot of its potency and smell amd wet the same with bud rot being a possibility if jarred too damp. 6.2 is the ideal rh for the jars when you put the hygrometer in the jar with them to check with the lid on. Phew , hope that all made some sense?.
Minxie looks sad. Her leaves are yellowing and her buds are lacklustre compared to the other two.

My humidity is 45%. Temp 20. I think I jumped the shark. Do they look a week or 2 off to you?

OMG I am so sick of all this timer macro loupe hygrometer business! I have never mollycoddled such needy weeds! Is that another thing I need to buy?

And it did make sense, and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Omg G we’re nearly thereeeeeeeeee!

You can't clone her now !!!!! Latest possible time is 2 weeks into veg period for cutting clones
Now I can teach the old G dog a new trick.

You 100% can. I really accidentally discovered this. I got my tent in the Australian bud season in April. Outdoor growers here tend to work on that plant around Fathers Day, pick around Mother's Day rule. I wanted guaranteed females, and try my luck with two seeds. I have a gf who just grows, in hindsight, really messy looking personal, so I rang her for a cutting. She said, of course, but she didn’t know how I’d go as hers were all in full bud, but I was more than welcome to take a few cuttings. I took 4, and struck all 4, but culled two as I was originally only wanting one plant due to my tiny tent.

Twiggy was a bud taken from a nice looking plant, and Kate Bush and the other two were buds that came off the ugliest stringiest crack whores you have ever seen. My bud clone has powered past the seeds in growth. Kate only slowed when I threw her outside.

So in my experience, you can clone buds.

I love the fact you clarified, Special K!

I can just see you “we got her all the way to this point only to have her dry fucking fan leaves and throw away the bud due to a typo...”

I love the fact you clarified, Special K!

I can just see you “we got her all the way to this point only to have her dry fucking fan leaves and throw away the bud due to a typo...”
^^^ This is EXACTLY what I was picturing in my head! A bunch of stalks with fan leaves hanging in your tent with all the buds stripped! :rofl:

Perfect sense.

So I have removed everything but the fan leaves, and I have the fan leaves hanging to dry.

See I fucked this up too in my outdoor grow! I threw the fan leaves out and dried the buds!

L O L L I N G !

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
At least THEY won't hermie. Hahaha ha love it.lol

Back
Top Bottom