Trala’s Tent

Omg I had the best day today. The wardie and I told each other variations of the same joke all day, and I mean all day, and it wasn’t even that funny, but fuck we lolled! I’ll give you my three favourites.

What’s cream and bad for your teeth?
A house brick.

What’s black and bad for your teeth?
A steel cap boot

What’s tan and bad for your teeth?
A baseball bat

I know it’s silly but they just kept giving. At points we were cry lolling.

Back to growing. Okay I’ve clocked something. My Junie the Acapulco Gold. I’m not sure if it’s a variegated variation of the breed, or a problem. About 5 leaves are effected and there is a strange curve on a single finger of the leaf. I’ll watch and wait. As you can see her colour is good. She is still in veg and I’m hoping to flip her Sunday.

2AE9343B-8663-4D07-A291-0FDAC8D80A06.jpeg
97CF959F-A487-4051-8921-740EB79FF65F.jpeg
0F817414-DBE6-4FA7-BFE3-6DF6360B876A.jpeg

427FE1E5-F565-4E54-8328-EB032786FD9C.jpeg

This is Justine and she smells like proper perfume. She’s sweet as sugar.

79872295-BD58-4902-BD6F-C299E4A4900E.jpeg

Greg is starting to turn on the sparkle too ✨

A34015A1-B7A3-44C4-B17A-B806CCA2005A.jpeg
E032774A-7078-4991-9A8F-783E62578AFC.jpeg
Wow those leaves look prime condition good job trala.

Those the ones with the red asses?
😆
Yes variegated.
Im going to lean on you on this answer if I may Stone.

Can you tell me why you think it is, and how sure?

Im hesitant to agree. On one hand its a very even split which makes me think it might be a simple genetic expression.

On the other it seems odd to be on 2 fan leaves reversed side by side, and random here and there.

The gardener in me says it should be a standard somewhat repeatable pattern, but Ive seen enough weirdness in canna to say its entirely possible to mirror off and be a very small percentage of the fans.

Whatever it is it looks like on the whole shes absolutely fine.

I need persuading to the 100% sure its natural variegation. Persuade me please sir.

F$&^ng StoneOtter... that "buck up mates" you got goin is scalpel-sharp. I appreciate you.
When we were teens and he was using, a group of us went horseback riding. We were city kids. He worked at the horse track and knew horses. Well, at some point he slapped my horse on the ass and sent him off on a tear! We were all stoned. In a moment I was having the time of my life, flying on horseback! Not knowing the thing wanted me off! He went off the road and into the woods trying to off me on trees! I held on! Got back to the road and reared! Holy mackerel it's way the F up up there with two fists of mane and sneakers in stirrups! I was scared shit and loved it! He doesn't remember but it's one of the things I won't ever forget!
We didn't touch base for years and I didn't know how he was doing. It's a pleasure to see him drive up in his fancy car bothered by only regular things now!

😆

Im hesitant to agree. On one hand its a very even split which makes me think it might be a simple genetic expression.

On the other it seems odd to be on 2 fan leaves reversed side by side, and random here and there.

The gardener in me says it should be a standard somewhat repeatable pattern, but Ive seen enough weirdness in canna to say its entirely possible to mirror off and be a very small percentage of the fans.

I need persuading to the 100% sure its natural variegation. Persuade me please sir.
Oi Deev, StoneOtter, everyone, what are the other possibilities? I mean you know, top 5 if there’s tons.

Wow those leaves look prime condition good job trala.
She has some funny looking leaves that’s fo sho.

Glad you had a great day at work Miss T! Plants are looking superb.

NTH
It was such a good day. I have a nightshift tonight and I’m on with my people. It’s a ten hour shift but hopefully it will fly. The hossy is bursting with patients atm.

Hi Trala :)

Your garden looks beautiful. Justine sure sparkles in the sun.
Hey la Rue :)

I love vegging plants.
Those the ones with the red asses?
Yes variegated.
I find the curve strange. I’ve not seen that before. Her growth is good and she looks healthy.

😆

Yeah I agree she’s fine. It’s an interesting variation.

I had a Tangerine Dream who would throw one perfect variegated leaf, and she continued to do that on every clone I struck from her.

So my man organised a sparky to come today to update our, I don’t even know what it’s called, the electrical box that houses all the mother switches for the house, which means power off and sparky here.

I have had to hide my plants in the spare room for the day.

Downside no real light/sun for the day. But upside, I got a nice SaugaView opportunity :)

2147303D-2514-4211-A827-8916FE809DA1.jpeg

37D78862-DE21-4D15-92FF-1D9F0865FADE.jpeg

That's one of the things that come with it. the light side always curls in.
Oh you're getting a new service panel and breakers ay? Nice and safe now!
Omg I think you’re right. The only leaves that are curled are the variegated ones. I’ll double check when I get home in the morning.

Hey that’s exactly what we got. We still had portions of the 1970’s fuse box!

I had no power most of the day. Sparky was here till 230pm. She did a fantastic job and for a good price to boot!

Omg I think you’re right. The only leaves that are curled are the variegated ones. I’ll double check when I get home in the morning.

Hey that’s exactly what we got. We still had portions of the 1970’s fuse box!

I had no power most of the day. Sparky was here till 230pm. She did a fantastic job and for a good price to boot!
Women in the trades do the best work. Best stick welder I've met was a woman. Far superior to any weld I've seen in my life! I used to fix welding machines for G.E.

Women in the trades do the best work. Best stick welder I've met was a woman. Far superior to any weld I've seen in my life! I used to fix welding machines for G.E.
My partner was most impressed with her work. We will defs recommend her.

Omg I’m sat beside the most confused patient ever. He is OBSESSED with the number 17 lol. He currently eating tiny pieces of air which he is picking off his pillow and I’m not even joking. As long as he doesn’t try to stand up, I’m happy. 17 for lyf baby!

My partner was most impressed with her work. We will defs recommend her.

Omg I’m sat beside the most confused patient ever. He is OBSESSED with the number 17 lol. He currently eating tiny pieces of air which he is picking off his pillow and I’m not even joking. As long as he doesn’t try to stand up, I’m happy. 17 for lyf baby!
My Father in law had an operation late in life. Somewhere in his 80's. Well he didn't take to good to being put out. It took almost a week to bring him back! The things he was saying! He was wired and could have done a stand up routine! It was funny for a short time but in a day or two it got scary! He got back to his normal self.

My Father in law had an operation late in life. Somewhere in his 80's. Well he didn't take to good to being put out. It took almost a week to bring him back! The things he was saying! He was wired and could have done a stand up routine! It was funny for a short time but in a day or two it got scary! He got back to his normal self.
Deliriums are just awful. Like funny sometimes, coz you gotta laugh at the antics. It can be so hard trying to negotiate the patients truth. I find it best just to agree for the most part. 17 is now sound asleep. The best treatment for a delirium once the fever breaks is good solid sleep, so hopefully he wakes much improved. I once had a patient whose delirium never resolved. She had to be nursing home placed. It’s rare, but it happens.

Deliriums are just awful. Like funny sometimes, coz you gotta laugh at the antics. It can be so hard trying to negotiate the patients truth. I find it best just to agree for the most part. 17 is now sound asleep. The best treatment for a delirium once the fever breaks is good solid sleep, so hopefully he wakes much improved. I once had a patient whose delirium never resolved. She had to be nursing home placed. It’s rare, but it happens.
I hope it's something amusing when our day comes :p . Far down the road! I could see the process some with him. He saw an asian nurse or dr and it triggered his military background. Next from his mouth came loudly, See that big battleship leaving the harbor? It was both embarrassing and hilarious. We spoke to her and she was so nice explaining she understood. We know what she understood and was nice to my FIL so that made her my hero! You are too! When it's work to be kind and one does their work it's above and beyond! I've been victim to bad nursing as a child. There's good and bad.

Omg I had the best day today. The wardie and I told each other variations of the same joke all day, and I mean all day, and it wasn’t even that funny, but fuck we lolled! I’ll give you my three favourites.

What’s cream and bad for your teeth?
A house brick.

What’s black and bad for your teeth?
A steel cap boot

What’s tan and bad for your teeth?
A baseball bat

I know it’s silly but they just kept giving. At points we were cry lolling.

Back to growing. Okay I’ve clocked something. My Junie the Acapulco Gold. I’m not sure if it’s a variegated variation of the breed, or a problem. About 5 leaves are effected and there is a strange curve on a single finger of the leaf. I’ll watch and wait. As you can see her colour is good. She is still in veg and I’m hoping to flip her Sunday.

2AE9343B-8663-4D07-A291-0FDAC8D80A06.jpeg
97CF959F-A487-4051-8921-740EB79FF65F.jpeg
0F817414-DBE6-4FA7-BFE3-6DF6360B876A.jpeg

427FE1E5-F565-4E54-8328-EB032786FD9C.jpeg

This is Justine and she smells like proper perfume. She’s sweet as sugar.

79872295-BD58-4902-BD6F-C299E4A4900E.jpeg

Greg is starting to turn on the sparkle too ✨

A34015A1-B7A3-44C4-B17A-B806CCA2005A.jpeg
E032774A-7078-4991-9A8F-783E62578AFC.jpeg
Schmick AF T to da B!

Women in the trades do the best work.
Look for the most part thats probably true. Its a shame though that they dont seem to last that long on construction sites. I think its the humour, or the difference in what men and women find funny.

Case in point todays practical joke at the site. Near finished home.

Theres only one site toilet and someone basically destroyed it internally. Waters out, and someone let a poo bomb off in there. Make your eyes water kinda deal.

Anyhow, some hilarious and fun loving fella has realised this, and taken leave in the laundry basin of the one unit that has no water connected, so that has left the amusing situation where its sat in the S bend for at least a few days, maybe a week or two percolating its aroma through the house.

Whenever you open the door its immediately apparent, the smell so dense you can near taste it.

Its that sort of frivolity and staged planning of a practical joke that seems to be lost on the fairer sex.

Look for the most part thats probably true. Its a shame though that they dont seem to last that long on construction sites. I think its the humour, or the difference in what men and women find funny.

Case in point todays practical joke at the site. Near finished home.

Theres only one site toilet and someone basically destroyed it internally. Waters out, and someone let a poo bomb off in there. Make your eyes water kinda deal.

Anyhow, some hilarious and fun loving fella has realised this, and taken leave in the laundry basin of the one unit that has no water connected, so that has left the amusing situation where its sat in the S bend for at least a few days, maybe a week or two percolating its aroma through the house.

Whenever you open the door its immediately apparent, the smell so dense you can near taste it.

Its that sort of frivolity and staged planning of a practical joke that seems to be lost on the fairer sex.
Beleev me your eyes are unforgiving at that moment :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom