Trala’s Tent

Hi Trala!

Sorry about your plant drama. Regarding the nits, er, mites - I've had some success using about 10ml Dawn dishwashing soap plus 10ml concentrated neem oil mixed with 1 liter of water. Shake well and spray the crap out of everything upside and down. I agree with others here - don't spray neem once in flower (it will give bad taste). I use Dawn or Safer insect soap spray when in flower. Dawn is safe to use - not sure about other brands. Dawn™ is supposedly safe for the environment.

I had some success using ladybugs on the last crop, but I used large insect netting during flower to keep the lady bugs in and bad bugs out. I removed the netting for about an hour or so for weekly inspections and to spray lite soap solution (if needed). Right up until harvest there were still a few ladybugs sticking around. And no mites.

Your plants seem small enough to use the netting with a drawstring on the bottom. I was amazed at how clean the water was after I washed the buds (outdoor grow - poolside). Found very few bugs. I did have some bud rot but I don't think that was related to the netting. I'm going to use it again (only in flower) this coming grow.

Cheers!

I use Dawn or Safer insect soap spray when in flower. Dawn is safe to use - not sure about other brands. Dawn™ is supposedly safe for the environment.
Dawn is a detergent, not a soap. Good for cleaning grease off your hands and dishes, but it is not a soap. A soap is more what you want, with the potassium salts in it.

Detergents can work, but soaps work better.

Since I switched from soil to hydro my pest problem is way more manageable. Still have the occasional pecker nat flying around but they don’t fill up a sticky trap every week like when I was growing in soil. Bugs don’t like living in water, hydroton, or perlite.

Moving your plants in and out is part of your problem but any soil you buy is gonna have larva waiting to hatch. Just my opinion I’m no expert.

First day of 3 days off and I’m awake at 0500 and filled with anxiety that my plants are all burned up from the iso.

One more hour till lights on.

I want to nip every leaf off Mimmy and I’ll tell you why.

1. Every leaf is fucked
2. Everytime I look at her it makes my heart sad.

What are your thoughts. Do it or not?

I understand why you feel this way as I hate ugly leaves, too but I think @DV8 posted the best advice on what to take off.

I reckon if your absolutely going to remove leaves then do the 20-20 guide.

20% plant from the bottom (only so you dont have quite as much to treat and the lowest ones will be hardest to see the nits under.

And 20% of the worst ones remaining on the upper 80% you didnt pluck.

Going any harder than that in her stage and state would be pushing it.

If you do continuous growing and do have repeated problems Id consider a modified version of mainlining.

I try in my garden not to sacrifice any growth as others have suggested, veges, fruit, canna etc, but minimise the foothold those feckers have and going forward in your grows you should have less issues. This time of year they are just prolific, as the drift into colder temps come it will ease off naturally. Just my 2c

And, you can use Safer's all the time from the plant getting 2 sets of leaves up until you harvest.

Yeah defs.

Did you know you need to mask up when potting up?

I have prolly 3 -6 lung infection admits per year due to inhalation of the bacteria in dirt.

Well, that's good to know since I do wear a mask when I uppot. :battingeyelashes:

Have fun with the grandkids.

Mites piss me off big time - I probably would have turned the plant upside down and dunked it in the pool for half hour
I doubt they like chlorine, I know they don't like nicotine (fumigated the tent once, kind of worked... a bit)

Moving your plants in and out is part of your problem but any soil you buy is gonna have larva waiting to hatch. Just my opinion I’m no expert.
I think moving the plants in and out is more the problem. Yes, you can encounter pests in soil but the difference is quality soil vs inexpensive soil in my experience. I am in soil and made sure that my plants never left my tent this grow and the only pest I have encountered was a lonely cricket who jumped in the tent at some point and lived there for a couple of months before he finally perished.

20220114_160540.jpg

I reckon if your absolutely going to remove leaves then do the 20-20 guide.

20% plant from the bottom (only so you dont have quite as much to treat and the lowest ones will be hardest to see the nits under.

And 20% of the worst ones remaining on the upper 80% you didnt pluck.

Going any harder than that in her stage and state would be pushing it.

If you do continuous growing and do have repeated problems Id consider a modified version of mainlining.

I try in my garden not to sacrifice any growth as others have suggested, veges, fruit, canna etc, but minimise the foothold those feckers have and going forward in your grows you should have less issues. This time of year they are just prolific, as the drift into colder temps come it will ease off naturally. Just my 2c
Good morning bloke :)

Thank you so much. I will get nipping today.

The problem with Mimmy was, well their were 3 problems really

1. I didn’t read how to spray plants with that Eco soap spray correctly, I was just lightly spraying the undersides when they are meant to be dripping top and bottom
2. I used the lightest ratio option 10mL to 1L
3. I went away for a week and left my plants outside

When I got back home Mimmy was just so horribly infested. She is easily the worst effected plant I’ve ever grown.

So I’m just going to make this my new way of life, my treatment plan that is. All my drip trays are sitting in larger water filled drip trays to stop ants carrying them in. I will use a poisonous surface spray twice weekly to spray the veg tent and flower room.

I gave it a lot of thought yesterday, I wonder if I veg too long. It’s so hard to gauge when I compare the size of my plants to plants in here coz the plants in here always look so huge.

I have some exciting news… but I’m going to leave you hanging for a bit lolllllinggg.

Winter is soooooo much better for growing.

Growing+S would have been nice
Your madam is nearly finished over at mine
FM it's mentally challenging - are you like that Trala?

Hi Trala!

Sorry about your plant drama. Regarding the nits, er, mites - I've had some success using about 10ml Dawn dishwashing soap plus 10ml concentrated neem oil mixed with 1 liter of water. Shake well and spray the crap out of everything upside and down. I agree with others here - don't spray neem once in flower (it will give bad taste). I use Dawn or Safer insect soap spray when in flower. Dawn is safe to use - not sure about other brands. Dawn™ is supposedly safe for the environment.

I had some success using ladybugs on the last crop, but I used large insect netting during flower to keep the lady bugs in and bad bugs out. I removed the netting for about an hour or so for weekly inspections and to spray lite soap solution (if needed). Right up until harvest there were still a few ladybugs sticking around. And no mites.

Your plants seem small enough to use the netting with a drawstring on the bottom. I was amazed at how clean the water was after I washed the buds (outdoor grow - poolside). Found very few bugs. I did have some bud rot but I don't think that was related to the netting. I'm going to use it again (only in flower) this coming grow.

Cheers!
Omg hello Scooby :)

So nice to see you :)

I will make up that neem mix.

I just googled. We don’t have Dawn. This is where I buy my groceries. What exactly am I looking for?

I am also thinking to have different ratios of both iso and my Au version of safers. That Safers stuff seems to be the ducks btw. That way I can have light, medium and strong versions. Going forward I will spray daily. My weapons will be:-

1. Au Safers
2 Iso and water
3 your neem mix

Since I switched from soil to hydro my pest problem is way more manageable. Still have the occasional pecker nat flying around but they don’t fill up a sticky trap every week like when I was growing in soil. Bugs don’t like living in water, hydroton, or perlite.

Good morning :)

Does that mean soil to water? Coz growing with the roots exposed legit gives me anxiety and I’m not even joking! Lollll

I had to take my sticky traps out. Lizards kept getting stuck in their quest to find dinner. Omg I had to euthanise one, it was so awful. I just couldn’t get him off the stick stuff. Prior to him, I’d saved a few. Killing that lizard was my fuck this sticky stuff moment.

My soil seems unaffected. Under macro of course not like under a microscope. It seems I don’t have any other pests outside spider mites. I can’t grow just under lights. It dulls my internal sparkle. I have caved to putting my flower girls under lights when it rains. But apart from that I’d rather have sunshine and fight nits.

I have my biggest grow smiles as I fuss about with them beside the pool. Their arms up and proud, their leaves open and basking in the sun. Tbh it would be so much easier just to leave them under lights. Mimmy is in a 26 litre pot and weighs a fucking ton! I’ve never been attracted to easier lollllingggg.

Well, that's good to know since I do wear a mask when I uppot. :battingeyelashes:

Have fun with the grandkids.
We had such a good day.

About two months ago I noticed an old balance bike out the front of a house with a “free” sign on it. I carried this thing 30+minutes walking time!

Lick of paint, new grips and it looks great! Well I think it does, and so does Ollie :)

“Oh beautiful! GiGi this Ollie bike?”

His newest favourite word is beautiful. Everything nice is beautiful. Lolll

It was fucking exhausting so lovely having them.

Mites piss me off big time - I probably would have turned the plant upside down and dunked it in the pool for half hour
I doubt they like chlorine, I know they don't like nicotine (fumigated the tent once, kind of worked... a bit)
Omg you would have torched Mimmy.

She is a hot fucking mess!

Makes me annoyed with myself every time I look at her. She was easily the most beautiful veg plant I’ve ever grown.

Main component to my pool is salt :(

My grow areas are nit free. Well I’m 93% sure it is. My grow areas are very tidy. It’s just what attaches itself during the day via wind and ants. I have problem solved the ants, just got to work on controlling the wind… Now speaking of wind, what did the maxipad sing to the fart? You are the wind beneath my wings! Lollllllll

I think moving the plants in and out is more the problem. Yes, you can encounter pests in soil but the difference is quality soil vs inexpensive soil in my experience. I am in soil and made sure that my plants never left my tent this grow and the only pest I have encountered was a lonely cricket who jumped in the tent at some point and lived there for a couple of months before he finally perished.
Hello friend :)

Yeah I know Ren. But no sunshine ☀️ when growing isn’t an option for me.

I will find a way, or drive myself insane trying lollllll

(fumigated the tent once, kind of worked... a bit)
Had a siggy or two in there did you?
We had such a good day.

About two months ago I noticed an old balance bike out the front of a house with a “free” sign on it. I carried this thing 30+minutes walking time!

Lick of paint, new grips and it looks great! Well I think it does, and so does Ollie :)

“Oh beautiful! GiGi this Ollie bike?”

His newest favourite word is beautiful. Everything nice is beautiful. Lolll

It was fucking exhausting so lovely having them.
Hi Trala :ciao: :passitleft:

Growing+S would have been nice
Your madam is nearly finished over at mine
FM it's mentally challenging - are you like that Trala?
I am like an easy going zen spirit. I am an enigma wrapped in peace. I am a calm breeze. I am… I am.. I am a mood swinging psychotic pain in the motherfucking arse. I am so mentally challenging I should come with directions, just so I can understand me… not that I’d fucking read them lolllinggggg

So I have so grow ideas I want to throw around. I have super exciting new!

Back
Top Bottom