Trala’s Tent

Fungus gnats are pretty easy to get rid of. Just let the plants dry out. I think that’s all I did. I was using neem to form something else not sure if that had an effect on gnats.
But, I'm in coco and am afraid to let them dry out too much... that was hammered into my head for my 1st grow...

Could use mosquito dunks then.
I have them. It says water it in once a week for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is the 3rd application and those little uglies are jumping all over the place. I'd get more aggressive if the plants looked bad. I wonder how long I can let the coco dry out. I used to water everyday, with the gnats I have learned that every other day is okay. I have to make sure they are all gone before I plant another seed, but I always want to plant another seed! @Bill284 how dry can I go?

I have them. It says water it in once a week for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is the 3rd application and those little uglies are jumping all over the place. I'd get more aggressive if the plants looked bad. I wonder how long I can let the coco dry out. I used to water everyday, with the gnats I have learned that every other day is okay. I have to make sure they are all gone before I plant another seed, but I always want to plant another seed! @Bill284 how dry can I go?
Hey @DeeBoy Hope you are doing well today my friend.
Unfortunately coco needs to be kept wet at all times.
Missing a day because of pests isn't a problem but it's not something you should do consistently.
Have you tried h202 it works well.
Your not going to reuse that coco are you?
When that lady is done dump it and get fresh stuff.
It's not worth the risk of a reinfection.

Stay safe
Bill

Missing a day because of pests isn't a problem but it's not something you should do consistently.

Stay safe
Bill
I have used H2O2 and I see the little larva jumping around, but they are still there the next day. Maybe use it daily for a bit? Maybe my mixing ratio is off? Sorry to sidetrack your journal Lady Tra!

Stay safe
Bill
And I definitely won't reuse it. I have a new bag under my exhaust fan to dry it out thoroughly.

Now I'm wondering too. Only other meaning I know is a wild bird, usually found on the ground but can fly. Very tasty.
Nah, it's some weird Aussie thing....

I used a couple of small bowls with water mixed with a couple drops of dish soap and a capful of Apple Cider vinegar. I changed it out every 7 days or so. It helps with the adults coming back to lay eggs.

This is a lot of people's favorite spot on this site. Definitely my favorite. You are just too entertaining!
Awwww thanks D to the B to the B to the D! That’s made me big smile.

I actually thought that said embarrassing which to be honest would have fit too. I’m legit cringy every. single. day

So handover just this very morning:-

Nurse coming on: Hey Tra
Me: Good thanks. How are you?

I have used H2O2 and I see the little larva jumping around, but they are still there the next day. Maybe use it daily for a bit? Maybe my mixing ratio is off? Sorry to sidetrack your journal Lady Tra!
I want to know why you use coco?

I like this journal best when it’s side tracked.

Now I'm wondering too. Only other meaning I know is a wild bird, usually found on the ground but can fly. Very tasty.
Nah, it's some weird Aussie thing....
It means awesome. Let me use it in a typical Strayan conversation

Oiiiii Melvo, D boiiiiii youse are faakin grouse!

Heres my ocker list from best to worst expressions.

Mint
Epic
Off its head
Arh mazing
Shithot
Awesome
Ripper
Grouse
Good
Ok
Not bad
Shell be apples
A bit shit
Funky
A bit fucked
Rooted
Horrible
Fucked
Fully fucked
Abortion
Off its head fucked
Utterly fucking rooted and fucked

This is the accepted terminology on any job site from the apprentices to old mate that should have retired.

I want to know why you use coco?

I like this journal best when it’s side tracked.
As a noob, I read several posts about overwatering being the biggest noob mistake. Then I read that you can’t overwater coco. Also, I THOUGHT it would not have bugs…

It means awesome. Let me use it in a typical Strayan conversation

Oiiiii Melvo, D boiiiiii youse are faakin grouse!
Why thank you! I think?

Dee, I’m no expert but I’ve had my share of fungus gnats. Soil grower here but yeah gotta keep that coco fed. I will say bottom feeding might help too.

but fan moving air across top of coco will help, if they can’t land - they can’t lay eggs, yep h202 is good… use those mosquito dunks in every water session, think they are supposed to soak for 24 hours before use. It’s merely a biological bacteria some chit like bacillus theringiensis israelis so there’s no harm in frequent use

Grow shops & online garden sites have yellow sticky traps, most flyers are attracted to the color yellow, sticky traps at soil line plus some over top of canopy

Dee, I’m no expert but I’ve had my share of fungus gnats. Soil grower here but yeah gotta keep that coco fed. I will say bottom feeding might help too.

but fan moving air across top of coco will help, if they can’t land - they can’t lay eggs, yep h202 is good… use those mosquito dunks in every water session, think they are supposed to soak for 24 hours before use. It’s merely a biological bacteria some chit like bacillus theringiensis israelis so there’s no harm in frequent use

Grow shops & online garden sites have yellow sticky traps, most flyers are attracted to the color yellow, sticky traps at soil line plus some over top of canopy

I’ve got the traps. I have all my fans blowing on buds… gonna have to rig up another one. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom