Trala’s Tent

Oh bollocks...
I'd say something (such as vine weevil) has munched some root tips which is why it is specific limbs are affected rather than the whole plant, so do a soil drench to kill the fkers then flush with H2O2/enzyme to break them down
Chop it back completely, she will be painful to look at for a while, but these plants are amazing at bouncing back
If it were me, I'd have them out of the pots and change the soil anyway, picking the fuckers out as I go
All is not lost Trala!

Two reasons.

First is to bring the water temp to ambient temperature so you don't shock the plant roots with super cold water if that's what comes out of your tap.

Second is that's usually done in organic gardening if you're using city tap water. Many municipalities put either chlorine and/or chloramine in the water to kill off microorganisms to make the water safe to drink. But, in the process, they also can negatively affect the microbes you are actively cultivating in your soil to help break down your organic amendments to feed the plant.

Chlorine will evaporate if left open to the air or agitated, like with an air stone, so that's what you're doing when you leave it sit out untopped.

Chloramine will not evaporate but you can cause it to instantly fall out of solution by adding a small amount of vitamin C powder.

If you aren't using organic soil for the microbes, then you are only concerned with the first issue, and frankly can use it straight out if the tap if it's close to room temperature.

Definitely want to try to halt the damage ASAP, especially if it is creeping. You could use a bit of aloe gel to seal the cut as well. The aloe has some good antimicrobial properties that could help if it is some sort of disease. Just cut off a small chunk of a plant if you have one growing in a pot or planted in your yard and rub the gel on the open stem. If you don't have a plant, you need to get one. It's really good stuff for your plants. You can blend a chunk up with water and use it in place of soap when you do your foliar sprays. It will foam up like soap bubbles but will also foliar feed your plants! ;)

If it's some sort of tunneling bug, cutting it off a bit into the good wood and bagging and disposing of the necrotic plant tissue off site would be a good thing to do.

And be sure to wipe the blades on your cutter with isopropyl alcohol before each cut and after the last one. If it is a virus you don't want to be spreading it around to clean tissue on this plant or any plant you use them on subsequently.

And, if the problem persists even after you cut off the damaged tissue, you might want to give the JMS a go. Super easy to make and you can spray it on your flowering girls right up to harvest. But make sure you wash the buds after harvest to clean them up if you don't practice that already.
I think it’s a tunnelling bug. A similar thing happened to my Lilly Pilly.

Sounds like this

Yikes that sucks. I made some cuts like you too but mine are indoor. With trees you need to make flush cuts so you don’t invite infection or disease. With a hollow stem seems like it should be sealed off.

I think it might be Fusarium Wilt, but I hope not. If it is you want to make sure that soil doesn’t contaminate any other soil.
Just had a quick google. I have 3 rationales as to why I don’t think this is the problem

1. All my plants are in the same soil
2. It does seem to be an arm. I’ve just looked and while I have a few effected branches, they all seem to have come from the same area. Something I didn’t realise last night because it was plant bed time, and my eyeballs were more shook dead branch effected as opposed to focusing on tracking and determining which branch.
3. If its that my plant is faaaaaaaaked and if that is the case I can’t even deal lol

I’ve been down and cut the effected branches and now I can see the direct location. I’ll have this coffee and get pics.

I’m so sad about it.

Thanks so much for trying to help me problem solve.

I wish I could help, but I don't know what to do either..never seen that before:(
Maybe @Emilya will stop by and give it a look?
Good morning C Captain

Omg I’m so sad. I think it’s going to be bad. Real bad. I loved this plant so much.

I’ve got a feeling my Herbies Seeds are lost somewhere in Spain. Everything is going to shit. My brain is already back up planning. I’m fast running out of smoke. I’ll flip Tee today. Keep that MC Mimosa I was going to give away.

Damn! I don't know what that could be. I don't think it is a deficiency of sorts. It doesn't appear to look like root rot, but I would probably research that more given how much you water. Crossing my fingers
Me either. I’m just spit balling at this time tbh.

Oh bollocks...
I'd say something (such as vine weevil) has munched some root tips which is why it is specific limbs are affected rather than the whole plant, so do a soil drench to kill the fkers then flush with H2O2/enzyme to break them down
Chop it back completely, she will be painful to look at for a while, but these plants are amazing at bouncing back
If it were me, I'd have them out of the pots and change the soil anyway, picking the fuckers out as I go
All is not lost Trala!
I’m going to look at her soil today.

Hey this is where I'm at.

My partner just finished a night shift, he finds me in the backyard still in my nightie, blue gloves, face mask on, elbow deep in dirt while videoing myself. I'm expecting to be single and involuntarily committed to the loony bin by the close of business today.

I couldn't see any bugs in her roots and I fully macroed in.

I'll get some pics

This is Cosmic Trala - buds are small but exsquisite
I grew some Hawaii 'Kind Bud' once; it's looking like that and smells fucking drop dead AMAZING
As you told me, don't give up on her, she needs you :cool:
DSC_0734.JPG

Hope the curly circles 'n purps please you, as they do me X

You did the right thing, trimming off all the bad stuff...hopefully, that stops it in its tracks...
Still don't know what's causing it, probably an internal bug or fungus, or a virus of some sort...
The roots don't really look too bad, I doubt they're part of the problem, but it didn't hurt to check...
Now we just wait and see if it shows up anywhere else on the plant...I really hope it doesn't :oops:
I’ve got a feeling my Herbies Seeds are lost somewhere in Spain.
@Herbies Seeds has a presence here on the forum, maybe they'll help you out with the seed problem
if you get in touch with them.
If your seeds are indeed lost, they should replace them...I had a seed order from The Vault get confiscated by u.s. customs, and they sent out new ones right away..

My first order from The-Seedbank-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named stayed put in Jolly olde England for two or three weeks before suddenly appearing in Canada. Don't give up on those seeds yet.
Okay I won’t.

Thanks for that :)

This is Cosmic Trala - buds are small but exsquisite
I grew some Hawaii 'Kind Bud' once; it's looking like that and smells fucking drop dead AMAZING
As you told me, don't give up on her, she needs you :cool:
DSC_0734.JPG

Hope the curly circles 'n purps please you, as they do me X
One thing I know about me, If I think a fight is winable (is too a word), I’ll fight till my last breath. In fact even when a fight isn’t winable I’ll fight till my last breath, and I literally have a scar that goes from the side of my nose right through my lip on the right side of my face to prove it lollll

You did the right thing, trimming off all the bad stuff...hopefully, that stops it in its tracks...
Still don't know what's causing it, probably an internal bug or fungus, or a virus of some sort...
The roots don't really look too bad, I doubt they're part of the problem, but it didn't hurt to check...
Now we just wait and see if it shows up anywhere else on the plant...I really hope it doesn't :oops:
Omg T, I’m so devo. But hey, if it does, I’ll just finish her. I just really wanted to make this plant sing. Like really wanted it. I always fuck flower. There will be a lesson in there somewhere fo sho. I just can’t see it yet.

@Herbies Seeds has a presence here on the forum, maybe they'll help you out with the seed problem
if you get in touch with them.
If your seeds are indeed lost, they should replace them...I had a seed order from The Vault get confiscated by u.s. customs, and they sent out new ones right away..
It’s just been a month. I don’t want to nag yet given the covid business. I’ll give it two weeks.

I used an aseptic technique when cutting, and dressed the wound with these. Look I say aseptic when my blond human hairs are totes visible on the outside of that wipe dressing in my hair tie LOLLLLL

D01763AA-31F2-4643-93C6-D42C9525AC60.jpeg
1EE2DD91-7C4E-4787-AB3E-BD304B22494F.jpeg
F688D089-3758-4715-8435-15518B92B8B4.jpeg

I always fuck flower.
This wasn't anything you did or didn't do- no way anyone would of seen that coming...
I feel for you though...it's definitely a pisser!
And there's always a chance that she'll be fine from here on in...you should know in a few days if that's the case- I hope it is...

Okay Operation Mimmybird ❤️❤️❤️

I am just so sad about this. I wanted to produce something magical with this plant when in actuality all I’ve done is ruin her canopy, let her fill up with lice, and allow her to become disease affected.

So I’ve cut both areas where she looked effected by that wilt. As I told C Dawg, I’ve dress those cuts with alcohol wipes. I’ve repotted her up, I’ve bud washed, and hung the collateral damage and the Sun Gods are shining down on her.

Now we wait.

9D3827C6-DC65-439F-BCC6-590B7061C2FC.jpeg
F37AC77F-A6C9-40AE-988E-5EA0DE3ED807.jpeg
B81DDA28-C7CC-48F8-B4B9-CCD5DBFC7B85.jpeg
93B917CB-3446-4355-809A-79BBBFF674FE.jpeg

Hey this is where I'm at.

My partner just finished a night shift, he finds me in the backyard still in my nightie, blue gloves, face mask on, elbow deep in dirt while videoing myself. I'm expecting to be single and involuntarily committed to the loony bin by the close of business today.

I couldn't see any bugs in her roots and I fully macroed in.

I'll get some pics
Great vids T.
Hopefully you got rid of the little fekers.

Stay safe
Bill

This wasn't anything you did or didn't do- no way anyone would of seen that coming...
I feel for you though...it's definitely a pisser!
And there's always a chance that she'll be fine from here on in...you should know in a few days if that's the case- I hope it is...
You are the best!

Me: C Legend I’m going to bake a cake
You: that sounds grand
Me: I’m not going to read the recipe tho. I’m gonna wing it.
You: you should probably have a quick glance at the recipe
Me: yeah nah
Me: *bites into cake* omg this cake is FUCKING AWFUL!
You: This wasn't anything you did or didn't do- no way anyone would of seen that coming...

Hey a bit of a funny, I sent Teddy a message saying could you please move this thread to the miscellaneous section of the forum so I can just post off topic pics. Unfortunately he said no coz he reckons my journal is “a very useful document for not only members and guests, but also for countless readers in the future”.

Let’s be honest people. My journal is about as useful as a ham sanger at a bar mitzvah. After this mornings skull fuckery, I’m expecting him to review that decision, and it will be moved to the forum bowels by the close of business today.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Hey a bit of a funny, I sent Teddy a message saying could you please move this thread to the miscellaneous section of the forum so I can just post off topic pics. Unfortunately he said no coz he reckons my journal is “a very useful document for not only members and guests, but also for countless readers in the future”.

Let’s be honest people. My journal is about as useful as a ham sanger at a bar mitzvah. After this mornings skull fuckery, I’m expecting him to review that decision, and it will be moved to the forum bowels by the close of business today.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
Fek you are hilarious.
I can't count the number of times you had me in tears laughing.
We are going to frame this journal.
It's a classic already.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom