Trala’s Tent

My day...

Operation Lice

First thing I did was wash ‘em, buds and all. I basically drowned the poor things. They looked like four sad shags on a rock. I then left them to dry. I will be sure not to put them on grass anymore either.

AABB55B6-DA5E-499E-8A09-D9BF50229A9C.jpeg

1A52133E-176C-413F-A119-D8DF9A683005.jpeg

Then I cleaned my dark room from top to bottom. And bottled the ReVeginator. 3.75oz or 105g. Not too bad I guess since old mother Hubbards cupboard is nearly bare or is it bear? I have about an Oz left of Kate Bush.

CED87738-2EC5-4A0B-A8F5-CB4E3AE3B48D.jpeg

5D37A0CD-0F1F-4574-AAD4-7F877F729890.jpeg

I then sprayed the dark room with insect killer, and pooped out to get financially fucked in the arse from my dentist.

Came home, shot some video, sprayed them all with dudes anti lice mix, put the girls to bed then poured a wine, and cranked some tunes and floated for a bit. This sight broke my heart. It’s taking all my power not to Reveg her. I admire a fighting spirit so so very much. I prefer a struggling plant over a healthy one any day of the week. I will end her tomorrow and I think I will shed a tear and I’m not even joking.

The Revginator and Pretty Twig :( :love: :(:love: :(:love:

D2CC9379-0DC2-48A9-87D0-0C85D925BFFD.jpeg

81CC50B0-37E1-4F85-926C-1C86E6D8E1BB.jpeg

Bed Time :love::love::love::love:

C0E41B33-5808-4DD1-B5F0-C8B4F78F7624.jpeg

Sweet video!!

Couple thoughts come to mind... here we buy 2 sided yellow sticky cards from grow shop or online sources, most garden pests are naturally attracted to the color yellow and get stuck on adhesive. Ours come in 2 sizes index cards or 9 X 11 for economy I buy the large ones and cut them down to size. The cards have a peels off coating on each side, so I remove the coating only from one side and run with that - then a week or two later I peel the other side to see what newbies I catch. One or two at soil line and a few over the canopy, you might catch a few crawlers too but mostly the flyers are attracted.

Any who I’m into low budget workarounds but sometimes it’s easier for me to buy than construct but heck yes balsawood sounds great maybe add yellow paper and apply the sticky stuff to that

Whole sheet of sticky traps before being cut down

The other one is regarding your clones in the flower beds, maybe research companion plants for weed, stuff like rosemary & marigolds comes to mind which I think both detract critters... You are the queen of cool so I’m sure you will put a TraLa spin on it!!!

Good morning :)

I am just glad I’m more aware of nits now. Next run I’ll treat them from the word go.

Hey I've jarred my ReVeg and I’ve forgotten what the humidity in the jar should be. I keep thinking under 63%. Is that correct?

My Tangerine Trio don’t look good at all. A few of their leaves are brown and curling and they are a weird structure. My seedstars from the first run looked better in structure. But their buds look like nothing I’ve ever grown. They are like comparing a 1987 Mazda 323 with a 2020 Mazda 3.

I’ve forgotten what the humidity in the jar should be.
Hi, Trala- The humidity should be up around 67-68% initially- you'll need to "burp"(take the lid off for a few minutes) a couple times a day initially- as the rh goes down, you can burp it less often.

Look the pot over when you burp it to make sure there's no mold starting in the jar- if there is, toss the moldy parts, and spread the pot out in a cardboard box or something similar for 4 hours or so to dry it a little more before sealing it back up.

When the rh in the jar finally gets down to 60-62%, then you can just burp it once a week for a few weeks. Just a quick burp to let some fresh air in at this stage.

After a month of once a week, then it's ready for long term storage- I wait till this last stage to drop in a 62% Boveda pak- (x1- 8 gram pak per ounce)-The Boveda or Integra Boost pak will keep the rh at around 62% in the jars- humid enough that a little curing still goes on, but not humid enough for mold to grow.
Nuttin' to it! (I'm assuming you have some of those little hygrometers to put in the jars?)

* ^^This is how I do it-others may chime in with a variation on the procedure...

Nice Video too, Trala- those nits don't stand a chance- if one nit killer doesn't get 'em, the next one will!
And Lucky was looking particularly photogenic in the vid!:cool:

Hi, Trala- The humidity should be up around 67-68% initially- you'll need to "burp"(take the lid off for a few minutes) a couple times a day initially- as the rh goes down, you can burp it less often.

Look the pot over when you burp it to make sure there's no mold starting in the jar- if there is, toss the moldy parts, and spread the pot out in a cardboard box or something similar for 4 hours or so to dry it a little more before sealing it back up.

When the rh in the jar finally gets down to 60-62%, then you can just burp it once a week for a few weeks. Just a quick burp to let some fresh air in at this stage.

After a month of once a week, then it's ready for long term storage- I wait till this last stage to drop in a 62% Boveda pak- (x1- 8 gram pak per ounce)-The Boveda or Integra Boost pak will keep the rh at around 62% in the jars- humid enough that a little curing still goes on, but not humid enough for mold to grow.
Nuttin' to it! (I'm assuming you have some of those little hygrometers to put in the jars?)

* ^^This is how I do it-others may chime in with a variation on the procedure...

Nice Video too, Trala- those nits don't stand a chance- if one nit killer doesn't get 'em, the next one will!
And Lucky was looking particularly photogenic in the vid!:cool:
Shit I put it in on Tuesday and haven’t burped it since. Ill go do it now. I’m watching it and it has stayed at 60-62%. I have it is 3 large jars approx an ounce and a bit in each.

I do realise my grow dried quick, 5 days, but that dark room has two fans and 55% humidity and the temp is 25-29 degrees centigrade, so I think that made it dry quicker. I just ran my fingers down the stem and the buds fell off. The last plant I dried I over dried because of the added humidifier I think, because the air was drier, and the 2 fans on top of that caused it to dry quickly and I didn’t want to make that mistake again. I have Boveda I will be sure to use them.

Thanks. I’m gonna try. I’m very unhappy with the structure of my Tangerine Trio, I’ll be more mindful of it next spin on the grow dance floor. Lucky is beautiful. I have started some clones as I am having trouble getting seeds, I have 6 and I’ll be grateful to strike one tbh.

Do you think I need to burp them a few times a day still?
You're definitely asking all the right questions, Trala!

If the rh is already that low, burping the jars isn't as critical as it is if they're a little wetter - they're in the cure zone right now, so you'd be fine just letting a little air in once a week or so for about a month to six weeks- then they should be just right for long term storage, and no more burping is needed.

I usually put mine in the jars a little wetter than some folks, so there's a whole lotta burping going on for the first week or so- However, If they were at 62% or lower going into the jars, I'd just do the once a week thing for a month to six weeks to let in a little oxygen, and keep the curing process going for as long as possible.
I wait till they're done curing before putting the Bovedas in there.- But, you can put them in a little sooner if things start to get too dry.

Beautiful shot, Trala!
I got a similar shot of my very first LST'd plant a few years ago- it was only 10" tall, lotsa buds,though...
Right place, right time...

Beautiful shot, Trala!
I got a similar shot of my very first LST'd plant a few years ago- it was only 10" tall, lotsa buds,though...
Right place, right time...
Omg Carcass I can't wait to try an grow like this. My Tangies all look so untidy and higglidy piggildy

OMG I feel so happy :)

So yesterday I got home from work, grabbed a beer and started doing my cho-cho-chores, and I was water raking my pool when out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge butterfly being eaten by ants. I just assume nature, dead butterfly, an ants gotta eat, but on closer inspection the butterfly was ALIVE!

So I picked it up, blew the remaining ants off it, and thought I’d give it a more peaceful death as it was obviously critically unwell to have been in that position in the first place and I gently placed it on Lucky and I thought I would use my insect free dark room as a butterfly palliative unit.

61A89C6C-054A-4479-8238-FD22969CB756.jpeg

So I put my plants to bed yesterday and wished the butterfly well for a peaceful death, and this morning when I woke up my plants I was shocked to find the butterfly not only alive, but tentatively moving her wings.

I gently took Lucky outside and as i went to take a pic, I caught the exact moment the butterfly flew to a low bush.

9252AD80-B323-4A90-B9D4-E437504579C7.jpeg

Much to my delight, she then flew approx 12 feet upwards and is currently sitting up high in one of my Lilly Pilly trees.

This silly chain of events has quite simply made me start my day smiling.

Hope you all have an equally smiley start to your day.

:) :) :)

I’ve got a black and white butterfly tattooed on my arm.

The day of my brothers funeral, a black and white butterfly was spotted by my mother at the funeral, and once again at the celebration of his life after which was held about ten km away from one another...

Glad you’re smiling! It’s contagious! I’m smiling! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry to hear about your brother BLS, it’s good that you honor and carry him forward
Thanks 013!! Some days are more of a struggle then others. Really tough on me when my oldest daughter talks about uncle Brad. She’s never met him, but talks about him like she had..

I am such a homebody.

I‘m happiest with my dogs, my plants and my 420 Forum. I have spent moments each day playing what if and freaking myself out.

I was up again at 0430 this morning while everyone else slept. Early mornings on holidays is my favourite time to walk. My daily sunrises have been glorious. Here is today’s :)

And G, if you want a nude pic, you just gotta ask mate. I may not be an adventurer but I’m an exhibitionist from way back ;)

55E5EE9D-894B-4174-9442-A79FD176BB6F.jpeg
Nice!!!!. lol . i wouldnt dare show our vista T. lol .

Back
Top Bottom