Trala’s Tent

The clone is going to end up just like mom- so you'll be going through this again in a few months if you let her go...
I've never culled a healthy plant, but in this case, the third time is not going to be "the charm" ...It's going to be as hard to trim as the first two, maybe even worse.
It's really up to you...all I can say is I really wouldn't want to have to trim a plant like that 3 times.
You're going to be set(with smoke) pretty soon (I know you don't smoke) so it's not like you're going to really need the weed.
Maybe just sit her in the corner of the yard and see how she does on her own (with a little water now & then) ?
Good morning Carcass :)

Very good points and I think you’re right. She has more swinging legs than an Octopus orgy on sexpo week.

She gets bigger by the day, and she will be a fucking nightmare to trim, she has so many growth points. And while reports say she smokes okay, I feel I’m not getting the return for the work put in.

Thanks for your advice. I think I am going to take it.

Just popped my plants outside, hopefully she is a nit eating butterfly.

IMG_20210112_063930.jpg

I owe I owe so it's off to work I go. Have a sensational day :)

hopefully she is a nit eating butterfly.
And not an egg laying one...

I thought it was pretty cool when cute little butterflies were visiting my outdoor plants all day long...problem is, they were only stopping by to deposit their eggs, and I ended up with a crapload of caterpillars...
The good news is- butterfly caterpillars don't seem to be interested in the buds, they just eat the leaves..
Moth caterpillars are a different story- they go straight for the buds, burrow their way in, and generally fuck things up...
Moths are the only reason I bring my plants in at night- 6 or 8 moth caterpillars can do a lot of damage to a plant...so can butterfly caterpillars, but only to the leaves, and really- most of our plants seem to have way more leaves than they need anyway;), so while it looks bad, it's damage that doesn't really matter much.
...seems like it's always something....

And not an egg laying one...

I thought it was pretty cool when cute little butterflies were visiting my outdoor plants all day long...problem is, they were only stopping by to deposit their eggs, and I ended up with a crapload of caterpillars...
The good news is- butterfly caterpillars don't seem to be interested in the buds, they just eat the leaves..
Moth caterpillars are a different story- they go straight for the buds, burrow their way in, and generally fuck things up...
Moths are the only reason I bring my plants in at night- 6 or 8 moth caterpillars can do a lot of damage to a plant...so can butterfly caterpillars, but only to the leaves, and really- most of our plants seem to have way more leaves than they need anyway;), so while it looks bad, it's damage that doesn't really matter much.
...seems like it's always something....
Oh nooooOooooOoo!

Honestly, I can’t believe even the butterflies are out to get me.

Two more sleeps until Twiggy the Reveg gets the chop, and I’m keeping her in darkness till then because I can’t be fucked taking her out. I have someone coming to trim her on Friday as I have decided I’m never trimming again. I’m going to cut the Twiggy clone tomorrow. It’s such a shame because she is beautiful and absolutely ENORMOUS!

So my Twiggy clone has had a stay of execution for today. I have old mate coming tomorrow and he is going to assess it after he trims the Reveganator as to whether he's going to go for seconds. He really liked the way she smoked with my first grow, in fact Twiggy Bee was his favourite out of my 4 plants.

She is easy twice the size of the Reveganator, and I shudder to think how big she's going to end up if he decides to commit to the trim.

All I know for sure is the only way I'm going to trim her is with a whipper snipper.

IMG_20210114_094315.jpg

All I know for sure is the only way I'm going to trim her is with a whipper snipper.
I'm guessing that's the Aussie term for a weed whacker?:rofl:

Cool you've got someone to trim her for you- Since he likes the smoke, I'm sure he'll be
back for round two...

I will permit him a toilet break and a quick chicken and salad roll lunch break if he keeps up this pace.

A better woman would feel bad for him but eh, if it was good enough for me to trim the first time, it's certainly good enough for him the second.

IMG_20210115_121101.jpg

Wash done.

I gave dude the job of washing and choosing a wash style as the smoke I grow I grow for him. After some research he went with a lemon and a bicarbonate soda mix, then it dunked into 3 buckets of clean water. He changed the water twice. Not what I would have chosen, but there you have it.

ADCF29D0-2A13-44D9-ACB6-4D4A110BC7B9.jpeg

Oh and sad news. Twiggy Bee Monster Clone 1 aka The ReVegenator aka Pretty Twig Clone 2 is no more.

We discussed it and given the quality of bud we are looking at from The Tangie Trio and Lucky it was decided to cull her.

She taught me so much in the time and versions I had of her, and I know this is bonkers, but I feel so sad she is gone.

RIP Twigstar

1E11D9B5-66F8-4862-B5A0-94C8B6D4A75F.jpeg

Got some family pics. I’m flipping Lucky tonight which means I nearly have an empty nest.

The Tangie I called Frankie has a double Yorker and is by far the best of the 3. I am really unhappy with how gangly and sparce they look and will try and learn how to keep them low and multi head pointy on my next grow.

I much prefer how Lucky looks.

Oh and they all have nits, so the struggle is ongoing. I have 3 different sprays and I rotate through them every 5 days.

And then there were 5.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

8CDB6397-E927-4421-B2C4-B09E529F5586.jpeg

AD0B3F7A-8A4E-4878-AF43-76D83B342282.jpeg

FE01C38E-9227-4893-9E9A-D75EB6232470.jpeg

Love the pics! You have such beautiful setting. Also have a small complaint - that care package of warm weather never arrived? Delayed in transit perhaps? Maybe hit resend!

sweetie - if it’s mites think you gotta spray every 3 days for 2 weeks since that when new ones hatch,

you spray today and kill this generation, but their eggs hatch in 3 days.... think that’s right. Cause by day 5 they have multiple generations going. But if you did the every 3 days for 2 weeks then maybe they are getting reinvested thru the lawn or something. Don’t know if you have nematodes available for purchase there or not, I’m considering going that route myself since my HH girl was just infested.

I’m not the best at ipm but I bet @Carcass has a great handle on this one.

Thanks for the tag, 013, but I really don't have a procedure for spider mites- caterpillars, powdery mildew, aphids, or soil gnats I can help with- but (knock on wood) I've not had to deal with mites... yet....

Unfortunately, since those plants pretty much live outside, it will be an ongoing battle right up to the end, but Trala seems to be keeping the pests from doing extensive damage- those plants look pretty darn good, even with the "nits" constantly trying to suck the life out of them....

And congrats on the Reveganator harvest and trim, Trala!
RIP Twigstar
I think you made the right move, You're going to have plenty of other
stuff to harvest soon enough...:welldone:

I did the 3 day spray cycle recently and it certainly seemed to do the trick.
You have to be aggressive since most sprays won't target the eggs and then the battle never ends.
Watch them show up again right after I flip to 12/12 though lol.

Been wondering if you can just bathe them in a bath of chlorine by dipping them in the pool.
Seems easier than the hassle of spraying and it can't be much worse than some other solutions I've encountered.
Since you're outdoors, perhaps there's some deterrent / decoy plants you could grow as well.
I'm pretty sure mites will ravage tomato plants and don't care for pepper plants.

Thanks Carcass! Sadly my ipm routine has been more reactive than proactive and if I lose focus for a nanosecond then my garden suffers from pests.

I think that may be part of the problem for Miss Tra one being spray frequency and two being possible reoccurring infestation from being outdoors. This reality kinda harshes my buzz since I was looking at trying an outdoor stealth plant in spring.

Love the pics! You have such beautiful setting. Also have a small complaint - that care package of warm weather never arrived? Delayed in transit perhaps? Maybe hit resend!

sweetie - if it’s mites think you gotta spray every 3 days for 2 weeks since that when new ones hatch,

you spray today and kill this generation, but their eggs hatch in 3 days.... think that’s right. Cause by day 5 they have multiple generations going. But if you did the every 3 days for 2 weeks then maybe they are getting reinvested thru the lawn or something. Don’t know if you have nematodes available for purchase there or not, I’m considering going that route myself since my HH girl was just infested.

Sorry 013. I really did try to send you some warm weather. We are ROASTING here!

The bottle says every 5 tho. I have a day off in Tuesday and I’m going to clean and spray the dark room, as well as wash the plants. They are definitely all mildly effected. I will sun them off the lawn if you think that’s a danger point. I am open to any advice.

What is the worst they can do to your plant?

It’s so annoying! I preferred it when I was blissfully unaware. Lol.

Thanks for the tag, 013, but I really don't have a procedure for spider mites- caterpillars, powdery mildew, aphids, or soil gnats I can help with- but (knock on wood) I've not had to deal with mites... yet....

Unfortunately, since those plants pretty much live outside, it will be an ongoing battle right up to the end, but Trala seems to be keeping the pests from doing extensive damage- those plants look pretty darn good, even with the "nits" constantly trying to suck the life out of them....

And congrats on the Reveganator harvest and trim, Trala!

I think you made the right move, You're going to have plenty of other
stuff to harvest soon enough...:welldone:
Thanks Carcass. I think we did too. She was going to be enormous and ordinary in bud and a bitch to trim. I’d rather put a clone out there for a crack at the title.

I have attempted 6 clones. Three monster croppers off Frankie the best Tangie, and three semi monster croppers off Lucky. My last clone died, and I feel my lucky run of striking successfully might be over. I am hoping to get one viable clone from the 6. Two if I’m super lucky.

They actually look quite thin and sparse. Prolly because any leaf that shows the slightest hint of poor health, ie yellowing, drooping, lack lustre in colour I nip off. I am starting to realised (despite being told at least twice/three times weekly) that this is not ideal for a healthy grow.

I did the 3 day spray cycle recently and it certainly seemed to do the trick.
You have to be aggressive since most sprays won't target the eggs and then the battle never ends.
Watch them show up again right after I flip to 12/12 though lol.

Been wondering if you can just bathe them in a bath of chlorine by dipping them in the pool.
Seems easier than the hassle of spraying and it can't be much worse than some other solutions I've encountered.
Since you're outdoors, perhaps there's some deterrent / decoy plants you could grow as well.
I'm pretty sure mites will ravage tomato plants and don't care for pepper plants.
Hi Regrowth.

What product did you use?

That’s a great idea which I haven’t actually considered. I will pop into my local nursery on Tuesday and have a chat with them about it. Do you think I could perhaps grow peppers in the pot as well?

I grew some ring of fire hot peppers in the summer time and made some spicy sauces. One jar I let ferment for a month, the other I dug into right away. They were both really good... they go great on pasta. I might add some to my tent at one point just to spice things up a bit. I'd use a separate planter so the root systems don't fight each.

It's been my observation that the mites (the red buggers) seemed less aggressive after moving the peppers nearby. It's only a partial solution though, I was spraying weekly as well. Initially, I was using safers insecticidal soap but for the more aggressive spraying I've been doing indoors recently, I've been using doktor doom premium 3 in 1 crop and plant rescue concentrate. 20ml makes a L. It's 96% canola oil.

About the pool idea... I'd imagine it's an option during flowering - whereas most other solutions aren't.

I grew some ring of fire hot peppers in the summer time and made some spicy sauces. One jar I let ferment for a month, the other I dug into right away. They were both really good... they go great on pasta. I might add some to my tent at one point just to spice things up a bit. I'd use a separate planter so the root systems don't fight each.

It's been my observation that the mites (the red buggers) seemed less aggressive after moving the peppers nearby. It's only a partial solution though, I was spraying weekly as well. Initially, I was using safers insecticidal soap but for the more aggressive spraying I've been doing indoors recently, I've been using doktor doom premium 3 in 1 crop and plant rescue concentrate. 20ml makes a L. It's 96% canola oil.

About the pool idea... I'd imagine it's an option during flowering - whereas most other solutions aren't.
Omg I thought you were joking about the pool.

its actually a salt water pool.

Back
Top Bottom