Time To Start Again - With Blue Yeti LC To Start

Good Morning 420 Magazine

It is time to start growing mushrooms again. To start with I will inoculate two rye grain jar to get the ball rooming today. I will also be inoculating Rye grain jars from @Midwest Grow Kits I got a while back with more spores I purchased from @Spore Genetics. The reason I started with BY LC is because liquid cultures (LC) are much faster colonizing.

I will be picking out a couple different spore syringes a little later.
I will add a couple images a littler later today.

Time to get back to what I enjoy.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

The reason I did not show the inculcation procedures for LC into grain is because I wanted to do something different this time. I will post images in a little while but first lets work on an alterative way to take mushroom.

What I mean by this is I will be showing the grinding, weighting and filling of about 100 mg capsule with none other than some Blue Yeti powder. So let's take a trip. :rofl:

I decided to give micro dosing a try. Before now micro dosing for me was 3 or 4 grams. Needless to say I was wrong, but it was something I wanted to explore. I am not an authority on the subject of micro dosing. So I found someone who is.

To start week are going to fill Size 0 capsules with Blue Yeti powder. At first I thought this would be a easy task. As I continued I soon realized the straw tube I had to fill the capsule started getting clogged with mushroom powder. Backup plan fill one capsule at a time (Please remember this is the fist for me.). As I was filling them up I took weighs for as many capsule it took to get close to one gram measurement.

I was unable to take images of me filling up the capsule, but I am sure you get the idea.

The results are in.

This information was provided by By Austin Dixon | Updated February 20, 2023 | Dosing, Mushrooms on Psychedelic Tips

Microdosing Shrooms: The Complete Guide for Beginners

Microdosing shrooms is a hot topic in the world of alternative health and personal development.

As interest in this practice grows, more and more people are turning to this unconventional method as a way to improve mood, creativity, and productivity.

But what exactly is microdosing, and how does it work?

In this article, we’ll explore the science behind microdosing mushrooms, and the potential benefits and risks associated with this practice.

We’ll also provide a step-by-step guide for how to properly microdose mushrooms, as well as tips and best practices for those who are new to this practice.

Whether you’re new to microdosing or are looking to deepen your understanding of this practice, this article has everything you need to know to get started.

What is Microdosing?

Microdosing involves taking very small doses of a psychedelic substance, typically one-tenth to one-fifth of a recreational dose.

In the case of microdosing shrooms, this means taking a very small amount of psilocybin, the psychoactive compound found in magic mushrooms.

The goal of microdosing is to experience the benefits of the psychedelic substance, without the intense and often overwhelming effects of a full dose.

While recreational doses of psychedelic substances can cause hallucinations, altered thinking, and intense emotional experiences, microdosing is designed to be a more subtle and controlled experience.

Microdosing is often used for its potential therapeutic and personal growth benefits.

Many people who microdose report improved mood, creativity, and productivity, as well as a greater sense of connection to themselves and others.

However, the scientific research on the benefits of microdosing is still in its early stages, and much more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits and risks of this practice.

Despite the lack of scientific consensus, interest in microdosing shrooms and other psychedelic substances continues to grow.

The Science of Microdosing Mushrooms

Psilocybin, the primary psychoactive compound found in magic mushrooms, is known to bind to serotonin receptors in the brain.

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that plays a key role in regulating mood, appetite, and sleep, among other functions.

It’s believed that microdosing psilocybin can have an impact on the way the brain processes serotonin, leading to a range of potential benefits, such as improved mood, reduced anxiety and depression, and increased creativity and productivity.

Some studies suggest that microdosing can help to increase neuroplasticity, which is the brain’s ability to form new neural connections and adapt to changes in the environment.

This could help to explain why many people who microdose report improved cognitive function, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.

While the scientific research on the benefits of microdosing mushrooms is still in its early stages, many people who have tried this practice report significant benefits in terms of their mental health, creativity, and overall well-being.

However, it’s important to note that there are still many unknowns about the long-term effects and risks of microdosing mushrooms, and much more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits and risks of this practice.

What Does Microdosing Mushrooms Feel Like?

Rather than experiencing intense and sometimes overwhelming effects, many people describe the effects of microdosing as more subtle and nuanced.

Some of the reported effects of microdosing mushrooms include improved mood, creativity, and productivity, as well as increased feelings of connection to oneself and others.

However, the effects can vary from person to person, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to what microdosing mushrooms feels like.

It’s worth noting that microdosing is not the same as taking a recreational dose of psilocybin.

While recreational doses can cause hallucinations, altered thinking, and intense emotional experiences, microdoses are designed to be more subtle and controlled.

Many people report that microdosing helps them to feel more focused, energized, and in tune with their emotions and surroundings.

However, it’s important to approach microdosing with an open mind and a sense of curiosity, and to be mindful of any potential risks or side effects.

Ultimately, the best way to understand what mushrooms feels like is to try it for yourself, starting with a small amount and gradually increasing over time to find the optimal dose for your body.

By keeping a journal of your experiences and reflecting on the effects, you can gain a deeper understanding of how microdosing mushrooms can impact your mood, creativity, and overall well-being.

How Much is a Microdose of Shrooms?

In general, a microdose of shrooms typically ranges from 0.1 to 0.5 grams of dried mushrooms or mushroom powder.

This amount is typically one-tenth to one-fifth of a recreational dose, which is usually around 2-3 grams.

When determining the right amount for a microdose, it’s important to start with a very small amount and gradually increase over time to find the optimal dose for your body.

It’s also important to take into account factors such as body weight, tolerance, and personal preferences, as these can all impact the effects of microdosing.

One thing to note is that the effects of a microdose can vary from person to person, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to how much is the right amount for a microdose.

We recommend approaching microdosing with an open mind and a sense of curiosity, and to be mindful of any potential risks or side effects.

If you’re new to microdosing shrooms, it’s important to do thorough research and consult with a medical professional before beginning.

It’s also important to follow best practices for preparing and taking mushrooms, such as weighing out the exact amount and taking breaks between doses to avoid tolerance buildup.

By approaching microdosing with mindfulness and intention, you can optimize the potential benefits of this practice while minimizing the risks.

How to Microdose Mushrooms

Microdosing mushrooms involves taking a very small amount of psilocybin, typically one-tenth to one-fifth of a recreational dose.

This allows for a more subtle and controlled experience, without the intense and often overwhelming effects of a full dose.

Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to properly microdose mushrooms:

Start with a small amount: Begin by weighing out a small amount of dried mushrooms or mushroom powder, typically between 0.1 and 0.5 grams. It’s important to start with a small amount and gradually increase over time to find the optimal dose for your body.

Prepare the mushrooms: Depending on your preference, you can either eat the mushrooms straight or steep them in hot water to make a tea. If making tea, let the mushrooms steep for about 10-15 minutes, then strain and discard the solids.

Choose a schedule: Decide on a microdosing schedule that works for you. Some people prefer to microdose every other day, while others microdose every third or fourth day. It’s important to stick to a consistent schedule to avoid tolerance buildup.

Find your optimal dose: Start with the smallest possible dose and gradually increase over time to find your optimal dose. It’s important to wait a few days between each microdose to allow your body to fully process the substance.

Record your experiences: Keep a journal of your experiences and any changes in mood, creativity, or productivity. This can help you to fine-tune your microdosing routine and optimize the benefits of this practice.

While many people have reported positive benefits from this practice, there are still many unknowns about the long-term effects and risks of microdosing

So, it’s important to approach this practice with caution and mindfulness.

Side Effects of Microdosing Mushrooms

While microdosing mushrooms is generally considered safe, there are potential side effects and risks to consider.

Here are some of the most commonly reported side effects of microdosing mushrooms:

Nausea: Some people may experience mild nausea or stomach discomfort when microdosing mushrooms, especially if they consume the mushrooms directly rather than steeping them in hot water to make a tea.

Headaches: Headaches are another common side effect of microdosing mushrooms, and may be related to changes in blood flow or other physiological processes.

Sleep disturbances: Some people may experience sleep disturbances or changes in sleep patterns when microdosing mushrooms, which may be related to the effects of psilocybin on the brain’s neurotransmitters.

Anxiety or paranoia: While microdosing mushrooms is typically considered safe, some people may experience feelings of anxiety or paranoia, especially if they consume larger doses or have a pre-existing anxiety disorder.

Tolerance buildup: Regular use of psilocybin can lead to tolerance buildup, which means that higher and higher doses are required to achieve the same effects. This can be difficult to manage and can increase the risk of adverse effects.

By approaching microdosing with awareness of the potential side effects and a sense of mindfulness, you can optimize the benefits of this practice while minimizing the risks.

Risks of Microdosing Mushrooms

While many people have reported positive benefits from microdosing mushrooms, there are also potential risks and side effects to consider.

Here are some of the potential risks of microdosing mushrooms:

Unregulated substances: Many people who microdose mushrooms obtain them from unregulated sources, which can be difficult to control for purity and potency. This can increase the risk of consuming a contaminated or unsafe substance.

Adverse effects: While microdosing mushrooms is typically considered safe, some people may experience adverse effects such as anxiety, paranoia, or confusion. It’s important to be aware of these potential risks and to consult with a medical professional if you experience any adverse effects.

Tolerance buildup: Regular use of psilocybin can lead to tolerance buildup, which means that higher and higher doses are required to achieve the same effects. This can be difficult to manage and can increase the risk of adverse effects.

Legal issues: In many parts of the world, the use of psilocybin is illegal. While the legal status of psilocybin is changing in some areas, it’s important to be aware of the legal risks and potential consequences of using this substance.

Always practice safe and responsible use of psilocybin, including weighing out the exact amount, avoiding driving or operating heavy machinery while under the influence, and taking breaks between doses to avoid tolerance buildup.

Personal Experiences with Microdosing Mushrooms

While scientific research on the benefits of microdosing mushrooms is still in its early stages, many people who have tried this practice report significant improvements in their mental health, creativity, and overall well-being.

Here are some ways in which microdosing has benefitted some individuals:

Improved mood: Many people who microdose mushrooms report improved mood and reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression. One person reported that microdosing helped them to “feel more connected and at peace with the world around me”.

Increased creativity: Microdosing has been reported to increase creativity and productivity. One person reported that microdosing “helped me to get in the flow and work on creative projects without distraction or procrastination”.

Greater emotional depth: Some people report that microdosing mushrooms allows them to tap into a greater emotional depth and sense of self-awareness. One person reported that microdosing helped them to “connect more deeply with my own emotions and thoughts, and to see the world in a different light”.

Improved relationships: Microdosing has also been reported to improve relationships and social connections. One person reported that microdosing helped them to “connect more deeply with my partner and friends, and to feel more empathy and understanding for others”.

“Microdosing has helped me to overcome creative blocks and tap into a deeper level of creativity. I’ve noticed a significant improvement in my writing and artwork since I started microdosing, and I feel more in tune with my intuition and inspiration.”

– Jane, an artist and writer who microdoses to enhance creativity.

“I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety for years, and I’ve tried many different treatments with limited success. Microdosing has been a game changer for me. I feel more balanced and grounded, and my mood has significantly improved. I’m able to enjoy life more and feel more connected to the people around me.”

– John, a software engineer who microdoses to improve mental health.

“As a busy mom and entrepreneur, I’m always looking for ways to optimize my productivity and focus. Microdosing has been a game changer for me. I’m able to tackle tasks with more energy and clarity, and I’m less distracted by negative thoughts and emotions. I feel more confident and in control of my life.”

– Sarah, a business owner and mother who microdoses to improve productivity and focus.

These quotes illustrate some of the reported benefits of microdosing mushrooms, including enhanced creativity, improved mood and mental health, and increased productivity and focus.

It’s worth noting that personal experiences with microdosing can vary widely, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to how this practice may impact different individuals.

However, by exploring personal experiences and reflecting on the potential benefits and risks, you can gain a deeper understanding of whether microdosing mushrooms may be right for you.

Conclusion

Microdosing mushrooms is a hot trend that’s gaining popularity for good reason.

People report improved mood, creativity, and productivity from microdosing, and it’s worth exploring as a potential tool for self-discovery and growth.

But, be aware of potential risks and side effects, and approach microdosing with mindfulness and caution.

Whether you’re looking to tap into your creativity, improve mental health, or get more stuff done, microdosing mushrooms might be the ticket.

Just make sure to do your research, approach with care, and happy tripping!

Be sure to account for the weight of the capsule. For example my size 0 gelatine capsules weigh 91mg empty.

Size0capsule91mg.jpg

@BeccaBuds I have been trying something different with inoculating with LC. I don't know if it is me but I seem to have better and faster colonization with cold grain and LC. If I were going to take a guess; I would say it has something to do with both of them warming up at the same temp. I inoculated two jars Monday night and this morning I have mycelium growing, in less than 48 hours.

The next time you inoculate something try it cold, and see what you think.
Maybe the cold keeps down the contamination percentage?

Just a thought.

Tok..

I have read that higher temps can be problematic re contamination as many other microbes thrive above 80F, @Tokin Roll

I'd guess that filling a syringe before the LC has warmed would slow things a bit. Easily overcome by either leaving the syringe to sit 24 hours, or warm the jar to room temp 24 hours before filling the syringe.

Do you pack your capsules? I use a drill bit a tad smaller than the ID of the smaller half of the gel cap and pack 'em tight.

Good Morning @BeccaBuds

Hope all is going well with you.

I did not pack them solid, but next time I will. Trying to find a way that is a little faster.

I was down checking my the Blue Yeti Rye grain jars for mycelium and they both now have signs of mycelium growth colonizing. Slowly but surely.

Here are the current images.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friend's
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Lady Cannafan

I see you are still doing two dozen task at a time. I don't know how you do it.
Running two or three journals and a diary keeps me busy all day, when they get rolling.

The weather this year is a trip. Up and down swings of temperature makes it more challenging growing shrooms. Since I am just starting new cannabis grows I am not using my lights at this time. That normally keep the temperatures in the upper 70's low 80's.

TR

Thank you for stopping by @Lady Cannafan

I see you are still doing two dozen task at a time. I don't know how you do it.
Running two or three journals and a diary keeps me busy all day, when they get rolling.

The weather this year is a trip. Up and down swings of temperature makes it more challenging growing shrooms. Since I am just starting new cannabis grows I am not using my lights at this time. That normally keep the temperatures in the upper 70's low 80's.

TR
I try hard to keep up, and multitasking is taking a toll lately.
I have so many plans for the newer batches/strains of shrooms, I am biting at the bit to get going.....but shrooms will grow when they want, not when I want. LOL
Temperatures and humidity here are up and down like a danged roller coaster ride. That Ecosphere shroom tent is keeping things steady though.

Question: When you were first starting the Pan Cyan, did the beginning mycelium look white or more off color?
Mine is looking a little off in color, but I'm going to stick with it and hope that's okay.

When I grew Pan Cyan it looked off white and almost a light gray.
My attempt failed but plan on running it again soon.
Thanks. Mine is more of a tan color, but the rice is whole wheat I believe, so that could be it? Dunno, we'll see. LOL
I'm going to pop around on the net and see if there are any pics of the mycelium in the whole wheat ready rice, and see what color it is.
Edit: from the looks of what I've found that mycelium should be whitish, or white cream color. Time will tell.

Time to see what happening with colonizing efforts.

Needless to say but I will anyway. Thinks are slow, but seam to be picking up. The Blue Yeti LC is still building and colonizing the Rye grain jars. So just wanting to move on to shake and break with the Blue Yeti.

I also inoculated two other Rye grain jars with spores; one with A+ and the second with Bull Run. So, not much will be happening with these grain jars until around the end of the month.

Here are some current images of the Blue Yeti LC Rye grain jars.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

One Rye grain jar of Blue Yeti is about 40% colonized with mycelium. Maybe by next week I can do a shake and break on one of the Blue Yeti jars. The second of the two Blue Yeti jars is about 25% colonized so this one is a little behind.

The two other Rye grain jars; one with A+ and the second with Bull Run are still doing there own thing since they were inoculated with mushroom spores. If any one is wondering I got my Rye grain jars for @Midwest Grow Kits and the spores came from @Spore Genetics.

Here is a couple images of where I am at growing shrooms.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

One Rye grain jar of Blue Yeti is about 40% colonized with mycelium. Maybe by next week I can do a shake and break on one of the Blue Yeti jars. The second of the two Blue Yeti jars is about 25% colonized so this one is a little behind.

The two other Rye grain jars; one with A+ and the second with Bull Run are still doing there own thing since they were inoculated with mushroom spores. If any one is wondering I got my Rye grain jars for @Midwest Grow Kits and the spores came from @Spore Genetics.

Here is a couple images of where I am at growing shrooms.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Looking great! What size are the rye grain jars?

Back
Top Bottom