Honestly I've never had a problem with it. The amount of N in that product is not enough to change the pH in the substrate. The only way to change the pH in a substrate is from either the type of N(nitrate or ammoniacal) or by the alkalinity of your water over time. This is why I don't think the pH issue would have been caused by the perlite.
I'll be using vermiculite in the future as it's recommended over perlite with it's silica content.
Up 'til now, with the odd exception, I've always used the MG brand of perlite.

:thumb:

Yup it does, and you found that out already. :)
Definitely good to know MrSauga. I have been looking into silica in an organic compound for the next grow! I will definitely be watching closely here! :woohoo: :popcorn:

They're stacking up nicely, Mr. S.!
Perfect shade of green, too- as your plants always are!

Cold Roosti... cold. It's not really, but it's not warm either. So far so good, thanks for asking. All good with you?
:passitleft:
Yes sir it’s about the same here. Cold damp with mist and rain. So now I’m holed up in the garage with a flannel getting ripped and listening to tunes. It’s nostalgic since this is the garage I used to do four footers in during the 90’s listening to grunge. :rofl:

“Some things, will never change”

They're stacking up nicely, Mr. S.!
Perfect shade of green, too- as your plants always are!
Thanks carcass, much appreciated!
It’s nostalgic since this is the garage I used to do four footers in during the 90’s listening to grunge. :rofl:
OMG that's hilarious. I'll live through you for a while!
MrS. What are your thoughts on mixing silica into ProMix?
There's no harm in it but you need to know the correct ratio based on the content of the silica you are using. Honestly I don't think you need to prime your substrate with it. Most ferts have silica in it but you can always add in Protekt or another type of silica into your nute regime as part of the regular feed. That would be the way I would go about it as opposed to playing with the substrate.
Hey MrS! Your plants all look beautiful as usual! How much longer do you think they have before harvest?
I'm on day 36. The window is from 56-77 days for the Goo, and 56-70 days for the LOGK's. Still a ways to go.

Hey everybody!
For those who are not following the journal that VG and I are running then you were probably unaware that I dropped two new seeds to showcase in this journal. They happen to be the Candyland from Garden of Green. I dropped two seeds in water at 10am on Oct. 1st. The seeds had cracked and were planted in solo cups at 2pm on Oct. 2nd.
Today one of the Candyland's have popped up, so I will call this day one of many to go.

:Rasta:

Hey everybody!
For those who are not following the journal that VG and I are running then you were probably unaware that I dropped two new seeds to showcase in this journal. They happen to be the Candyland from Garden of Green. I dropped two seeds in water at 10am on Oct. 1st. The seeds had cracked and were planted in solo cups at 2pm on Oct. 2nd.
Today one of the Candyland's have popped up, so today I will call it day one of many to go.

:Rasta:
Show off. :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom