The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

That is a happy love tub Them! Those 4" tiles? Because that tall cola looks to be 20" o_O. Pretty seed too.

And I always appreciate the breeding lesson. Makes me glad I didn't go into biology because I get lost right quick!
Thanks man idk I just read Van's posts then I feel smart lmao. I dunno much but if it's enough for me to tinker and save money on costly genetics why not?!

Yeah. We will see how it fills out. It could very well be a monster. They ugly 1 fingered leaves have about quit (I hope) so if they can stack and pack for another 30 40 days I may have the biggest gerbil wang in the (my) history books, lmao.

:thumb:That tub looks awesome dude.
hey thanks derb kinda a wide range of results but I'm hoping the resistance of these weeds can bring home a salvaged harvest

What makes an ATF x ATF any different than the generation that produced the seed you grew out? In my experience, you will always get 4 phenotypes from seed, as that is how meiosis and recombination (fertilization) works.

I am about 2 weeks from harvesting seed and bud from my ATF x ATF, as the lady isn't quite ready yet. Since I only had three or so seeds to start with, I had to increase my seed stock for the future.

I'm enjoying comparing your ATFs to mine.
:yummy:

Nice photo drop Maddabber :thumb:

That first one, is that rosin or resin? Or neither? It looks sooo delicious :drool: I’ve never consumed that kind of extracted product but the purity of it really interests me. I do adore hash so it makes me wonder if it’s a similar effect. You take this by dabbing I assume (I do know what that is, people are doing it on camera all over Instagram!).

Oh - so the August update talked about how they’d fixed the personal album problem (of people making private albums), but it didn’t say anything about getting rid of all of them all together. It was nice having the albums, but I got the impression months ago when there was some communication about it on the gallery thread, that the back end wasn’t ideal so far as the album set up went. Seems it’s all one big pool - under our member name (except attachments, they live with the post).

:Namaste:

Iiked having album dedicated to different things. But it didn’t really function well - we couldn’t do anything with those albums. I’m trying to work out how i can just browse the galleries. Which one of the ways I used to enjoy 420 - looking at all the galleries. So far I can only get to whatever the latest upload is. Anyhoo - my guess is they’re still tweaking it so there may be more developments - just speculation tho’ :hmmmm:

Certainly is nice and quick to upload now! :thumb:

Well I personally miss the albums. But such is life....

DAY 41

photo dump
:surf::surf::surf:

So this generation of Atf x atf I will call generation X. Pretty sure the strain was stable when the original beans were made meaning were in the f6 f7 range. Stable strains are nice but too much inbreeding can bring out some funky recessive-ness.

Generation X cause if I pop them it will be to look for a mom for crossing. No further inbreeding here.

The topped stankberry smells friggen unreal! Like straight berry jam or pie or fucking berry jam pie ice cream! Wowzers. Kinda sad I dont have a cut. But I'm gonna try a reveg cause wtf why not! Good news is the beans will be stankberry BX1 so I just need to find a similar offspring from that generation to pollinate again with the ATF dust.

The plants are doing okay. The white cookies is pretty funkadelic too. That pungent gassy-ness of the og kush but a very strong citrus twang. Not sure what factor the ww brings but I can say the buds grow in 2 distinct matters. First like the aft and stankberry. Single or double pistils popping from calyce. But the also have the curly pistil formation as well, predominantly out the sides of the buds. Which is interesting because I've never seen a strain do both! But I'm kinda newb still to #letsbehonest

Atf and other stank very sweet and floral so far but they are further behind and really trying to push out some mass it seems. Their smells will intensify in the passing days and into the coming weeks should ripen nicely. Strangely shaped perhaps but with temperature in check and only improving I'm actually starting to believe they can yield some good stuff.

Anyways, that's all the thoughts in my head I wanted to share....

Thanks for being here.
Oh, may your plants prosper and your buds swell,

:peace:
Dabs
See that's what I'm looking for, quality over quantity. Always searching for the flavorful and smelling strain. But hard for me to determine that because I can't smell very well lol.

What makes an ATF x ATF any different than the generation that produced the seed you grew out? In my experience, you will always get 4 phenotypes from seed, as that is how meiosis and recombination (fertilization) works.

I am about 2 weeks from harvesting seed and bud from my ATF x ATF, as the lady isn't quite ready yet. Since I only had three or so seeds to start with, I had to increase my seed stock for the future.

I'm enjoying comparing your ATFs to mine.
:yummy:
You won't always get 4 phenos types. The number of phenos depends on what was crossed and how stable it is. New crosses don't show all phenos until you get to the F2 generation. Then again depending on what was used to create the cross and how "worked" for stability it was prior to the crossing. New F2 crosses can often times have more than 10 distinctly different phenos.

As far as what makes an ATF x ATF any different will depend on the parents of the cross. Were they from the same parents or does the breeder use multiple mom's for a little genetic diversity. If they came from different parents, could be a whole new can of recessive genes that could surface. Interesting stuff for sure!

Personally I didn't like having to create an album every time I uploaded pics but I might be in the minority!
I didn't have to create a new album for each upload. I just assigned them all into one album. But that step is gone now.

You won't always get 4 phenos types. The number of phenos depends on what was crossed and how stable it is. New crosses don't show all phenos until you get to the F2 generation. Then again depending on what was used to create the cross and how "worked" for stability it was prior to the crossing. New F2 crosses can often times have more than 10 distinctly different phenos.

As far as what makes an ATF x ATF any different will depend on the parents of the cross. Were they from the same parents or does the breeder use multiple mom's for a little genetic diversity. If they came from different parents, could be a whole new can of recessive genes that could surface. Interesting stuff for sure!
I feel like today's normalcy with breeders are a disclaimer that testing has shown intersex traits...

All caught up dabber. Glad to hear that one Stankberry is smelling killer. Mine was the best smelling plant I have had. Insane berry smell.....wait til u grind up the buds.

Curious as to how the other one is gonna smell for you. I want to grow out another one.

I can tell you that out of all the plants I have grown and shared with friends, the Stankberry is the clear favorite from ALL of them and easily the most requested. 5 out 5 friends rate it as their favorite.

Hope you like it as much brother!!

Personally I didn't like having to create an album every time I uploaded pics but I might be in the minority!
See I think there was a bit of confusion for users and the albums for sure... but I had a "wtf experience " and a "dabbers designs" all these cool ones pre made so I just would hit existing albums then boom top of my list was my most recently used albums! It took me a while to figure it all out, but man once I kinda had the groove it was cool. This way is fine too! But I like the idea that I could find a pic fast cause it was in its labeled folder....

But anyways, I stayed up wayyy too late with the neighbors. They're pretty damn cool. Garage full of quads, sleds, fishing gear, every tool known to man, oh and 50 some odd rifles pouring out the safe. Needless to say we immediately became bffs. Took the quads for a midnight run around the 30 acre property. Good times!

Sorry rambling a tad. In a good mood cause I got the call!

Start orientation tomorrow at Big Leaf Alaska, tomorrow. Pretty exciting!!!! I think part time to start but it's all about getting my foot in the door. They do packaging and trimming for a lot of companies around town, so it's a great opprotunity to see and work with multiple businesses from growers and concentrate folk to retail.

I feel like today's normalcy with breeders are a disclaimer that testing has shown intersex traits...
Well when u have customers willing to shell out 200-300 bucks for a pack of seeds that aren't worked to stability, why would they bother to stabilize the strains?

Hmmmmm....cash in now at 200-300 bucks a pack, or spend 2-5 years stabilizing the strain and hope someone will pay close to that amount? What to do, what to do.

Ace seeds spent 10 years working on their Kali China strain, all to charge about 10 bucks a seed. Who would u rather give your money to?

Back
Top Bottom