The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

I met Sue in San Diego a few months back with DrDoob and Healthfreak.
One stoney event.

A pet project like breeding would be a blast, but understand this, breeding isnt an overnight gig. The fellas that are giving us our seeds grow and waste quite a bit of plants before they have a saleable product. And most importantly they know exactly what they are working with beforehand. If i were you and i were looking to build my own breed i would start with seeds/clones i knew were worthy of that sort of time. Lets face it, if you spend 3 and a half months waiting for your crop to come in and all you have is something thats only good for making rope.... that would suck. This applies to the hemp. One last thing about hemp seeds for sale to the public. They may have been irradiated and sterile. I found they do that when added to bird seed. Maybe WW on a ruderalis would rock... its been done somewhere. I think Sensi Seeds sells ruderalis.

Man i cant imagine pain like yours. I sincerely hope you find what you need.

evening mr,S, I do actually have a 10pack reg WW seeds on their way, that I'm going to use to do a proper breeding project.. The Granny plants is a decent smoke and I want to make seeds for oils and smokeables I also don't have a solid understanding of the whole breeding project although there are some damn fine teachers on here so will start learning with granny's who end up outdoors but the WW I will run indoors as I don't want stray pollen coming into the equation...
thanks for your help and insight...:high-five:

So I should clear up this. There is a big difference between industrial hemp, and cannabis.

Cbd can be believed from both. It's a different process with industrial hemp because they use the entire plant which is more like bamboo.

I follow a dude on IG who is working for a farm. Their plants produce 10% cbd on average.

I thought it was opposite van and ruderalis was once known for it's high cbd but since has been bred out... or that's what I think shed said anyways.

Now I'm not sure if this is true, but I have heard they're are ruderalis strains used for cbd production. Again may have just been someone talking from the wrong end, so I have no clue. But that fell under the cannabis category, not industrial hemp.

Hope that helps a little

Wasn't me. I have never read that ruderalis was high in CBD. It's a regular wild cannabis like the rest except for the cold climate thing and hence the auto flowering. Also, it's short and hemp grows like trees.

Most good CBD oil you buy is from organically grown industrial hemp, CO2 extracted, and decarbed. Cross hemp with one of your plants and you will raise the CBD and lower the THC in some variation. I have no idea if hemp seeds are fertile from the health food store :).

They are in the process of breeding higher CBD autoflowers now due to demand.

thanks kindly mr.Dabs, might do a side by side with some hemp seeds come spring, will do it outdoors in my veg tunnel, keep a tighter reign over any accidents....

please tell what me what a gerbil stick is, cause I can only imagine you whacking the crap outa the gerbil for whatever reason.....:laugh: have too google what a gerbil looks like, cause I've ever only seen Guinea pigs and hamsters....
A gerbils like a hamster. All good smeegol snacks. Lol

Okay so growchy made a joke one day in Penny's thread about gerbil wangs for a unit of measurement . And I took a yard stick, re marked it gerbil stick and added new tick Mark's. And the gerbil stick was born!

For whatever reason my posts got all jumbled. Sorry for answering stuff that was already answered...

@InTheShed Thanks for clearing that up. I could be remembering something totally wrong.

Dinafem is a good company for cbd strains. I went with their amnesia CBD.

@Smeegol I wouldn't use industrial hemp to make a strain, rather a high cbd cannabis strain, like the others suggested.

And @newty yeah this diet is kinda nuts. Or at least the adjustment phases is anyways. But the results are hard to argue with. Need to learn more self discipline and I feel like this will help. Also it's good to support the wife, and drop some lbs.

So the garden is looking a tad sad.... got clawing on the stankberries and a little burn on the ATFs. They aren't praying and look a little droopy.

I did a diluted watering flush deal yesterday. Typically if the plant shows problems in coco it's from a day or 2 before. So I guess I pushed them a little hard. Whoops. And to think this veg was really going well.

They will get light feeding today and tomorrow again. If they look good tomorrow I'll flip if not maybe wait a day...
I just hope it doesnt take them any longer to recover.

I almost think I could put a small vent in the door or wall. And if done well the land lord wouldn't care...

So that plan is on the table.

Hope your all having a great day!

Dabber

Reported ^. Everyone chill!
What did I miss? Reported?

Yeah I was expecting someone to make a comment about waiting....they should be okay. Space is running (stank) berry short

p.s. super jealous you met SweetSue and Dr.Doob, I don't believe I've come across @HealthFreak yet, but it's a small world and I'm sure we'll bump into each other sooner or later.
I wish you luck. Ive thought a lot about doing something like that, but i dont have the room. I think what you have in mind sounds like fun, just hope for the best but expect a little less. I wish you luck

Sue was super cool. Shit they all were. We were at DrD's house a bad ass piece of property on a hill in San Diego... so much fun

I wish you luck. Ive thought a lot about doing something like that, but i dont have the room. I think what you have in mind sounds like fun, just hope for the best but expect a little less. I wish you luck

Sue was super cool. Shit they all were. We were at DrD's house a bad ass piece of property on a hill in San Diego... so much fun
I'll be sure to be in touch next time I'm out that way. Spent a lot of time out there in college

I'll be sure to be in touch next time I'm out that way. Spent a lot of time out there in college
Seriously!!! Im always down to meet some members. From that meeting ive spoken quite a bit to Healthfreak and DrDoob, and even gave Freak a mess of clones. If you are close to 91701 let me know.

What happened a second ago with the "reported" post? Was i involved? I totally missed it

Seriously!!! Im always down to meet some members. From that meeting ive spoken quite a bit to Healthfreak and DrDoob, and even gave Freak a mess of clones. If you are close to 91701 let me know.
What happened a second ago with the "reported" post? Was i involved? I totally missed it
91701? Too hot out there! Though it was okay at night when my son played out in Big League Dreams. That must have been about 6 years ago.

Spammer jumped on a number of threads. He's gone now!

Idk I PMd shed to find out.... I havent seen any reportable posts.

Will definitely be in touch. Any time I travel I let the mag family know.

91701? Too hot out there! Though it was okay at night when my son played out in Big League Dreams. That must have been about 6 years ago.

Spammer jumped on a number of threads. He's gone now!

It IS pretty hot some times, but like the old joke "its a dry heat" most of the year its perfect. 75 degrees when its minus 56 at my brothers house is always fun. The offer stands to ANYONE who wants to meet if they are in the area. That ballpark is about 15 mikes away if memory serves

Oh! I didnt even see it.

Idk I PMd shed to find out.... I havent seen any reportable posts.

Will definitely be in touch. Any time I travel I let the mag family know.
Spammer hit a few threads, one was yers

It IS pretty hot some times, but like the old joke "its a dry heat" most of the year its perfect. 75 degrees when its minus 56 at my brothers house is always fun. The offer stands to ANYONE who wants to meet if they are in the area. That ballpark is about 15 mikes away if memory serves

Oh! I didnt even see it.
Me either.... your brother my neighbor? Dont forget its 60 70 here when its 100+ there. I grew up in southern Arizona home of the dry heat. Not too much dry about cali, maybe compared to Florida though lol

Oh! I didnt even see it.
I'm quick and so are the mods ;).

I haven't been out there in years but if I get out that way I will definitely let you know in advance. We used to go to the LA County fair when the kids were younger and I could deal with the heat better. Not so much as I (or they) get older.

Me either.... your brother my neighbor? Dont forget its 75 here when its 100 there. I grew up in southern Arizona home of the dry heat. Not too much dry about cali, maybe compared to Florida though lol
I really dont think its that bad. Its probably 85 or so right now. Humidity in my room is at around 50. Thats with 6 plants in the shed. I guess im used to it

I'm quick and so are the mods ;).

I haven't been out there in years but if I get out that way I will definitely let you know in advance. We used to go to the LA County fair when the kids were younger and I could deal with the heat better. Not so much as I (or they) get older.
The only fair that recommends the crowd brings a gun. Haha just kidding of course, but the last time i went someone was killed

Back
Top Bottom