The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

So I've been thinking about names and think I'll do them after prominent 420 members (women sorry dudes). Then the stud I want to name after stank... maybe stank Sinatra? Or Sargent stank?
Sergeant Stank has a great ring to it Dabber, I like it!

Okay so update hour! DAY 13

Since they were fed yesterday, the growth is kinda absurd....

This is stank berry. Looking great.

This stankberry has some of that weird growth.... if hes a Male I'll prolly cull him.

And the leading ATF of the group looking very nice (Borat accent)

Have a terrific Tuesday my THC toking friends. And derby and shed too

Lmao. Yeah if I knew who it was or if it ends up affecting my wife, I'll probably go primal.... but for now I'm trying to send good vibes so it just gets forgotten about.

I'm pretty damn vindictive myself, but I find I make better choices once I think things through. Busting someone's nose is effective and satisfying, but sustained long bouts of torture really are what I love....

Been thinking about how I wanted to respond to your situation Dabber. Let me just offer you a flip side to think about .....

The military is an organization that runs off absolute rules and regulations. Its set up to run so that when someone tells you to do something, you do it. Its set up so there are very little questions to those orders, no hesitation. Hesitation in war situations cause death. Its the ugly truth.

So its an organization that instills that instant obedience to orders. There is no room for questioning orders to be the norm. Its one of the reasons that the vetting process to become someone that issues those orders is so intense. Doesn't mean that questions aren't occasionally warranted but they generally happen behind the scenes (Example, if the Gunnery Sergeant doesn't agree with the order given by the Major, he or she doesn't question it where anyone else can hear it....they bring it up in private).

Often times there are reasons why rules and regulations exist. Not all of them are understood. Not being allowed to scratch when getting eaten alive by bugs seems like its a crazy rule in training.....but what happens when you are in an Observation post and are hidden and happen to have some bad guys near you that you can't see. You scratch and that little flicker of movement gives your position away. Now not only are you dead but your unit is compromised.

So the things you think make sense to you don't really apply to the military. Its not set up to make sense. It exists to kill the enemy and protect ours. Instant obedience to orders. So when a military person sees you getting high, its natural for them to want to enforce the rules or regulations that exist on that military property. Its not a popular policy for you for sure, but if you understand the way the organization operates and why it is set up to operate, perhaps it will make a bit more sense. I just wanted to offer that up to you to consider Dabber.

I certainly don't blame you for your frustration, but having worn that other hat for 22 years.....I certainly understand why it happened and don't blame it for happening. You probably wouldn't have liked me had I been in that camp ground and you guys were getting high. Only difference is I would have gone directly to you and discuss why you are going to stop doing what you were doing or we would figure another way to rectify the situation. LOL, depending on which Stank you encountered (the early or the late?) would probably determine the tone of that encounter. If you would have come across me back when I was pushing recruits, it would have escalated quickly.

Anyways, just wanted to offer the other side to that. Peace out brother.

I get it. And I know I was in the wrong. I'm more pissed at myself for not being more cautious. I really have no one to blame but myself.

What's so tough when I'm working to enter the industry and essentially have to be 2 different people. And the person I'm forced to be on base isnt my true self. When I do get employed I will lilley lie about it to everyone. Pretty sad.

You know me I'm a huge supporter of our service men and women, so hopefully one day they can appreciate and support what cannabis does for our beloved vets, but It's pretty clear that days isnt as close as I thought.

I get a law is a law. But dependents and retired personnel should have a right to it. Sure maybe not in public but consuming on federal land shouldn't be that big of a deal especially in a fully legal state. But that's another topic. We dont even vote for federal laws. So I'm not sure how they can apply to us lol. Again different subject.

I appreciate your perspective as always buddy. And I get it why they did it, but still dont agree with it. For now I'll just keep hoping trump lives up to his word and will end the prohibition. There are far more important things our service members could allocate their time and energy to instead of arresting people for a plant. EDIT a plant that heals and saves lives!

It was definitely not state owned land. So it's a no no. But on the lake or outside of the little camp area, all state land (but that's not where we were). I mean again I was in the wrong, so hopefully it blows over. Especially since theres a fishing tournament I plan on winning this weekend.

The other thing was our friend noticed people sitting around a fire smoking. The incident was reported at a time before we even checked in. So it may not have even been us.... and to make things worse ANYONE can drive there for the day. No one checks for military ID. No gate. No nothing. And the first weekend we were there 2 cars full of people (clearly non of which were military) pulled up and were chilling smoking and playing with their dogs. So it's something that happens more frequently than not I assume

I get it. And I know I was in the wrong. I'm more pissed at myself for not being more cautious. I really have no one to blame but myself.

What's so tough when I'm working to enter the industry and essentially have to be 2 different people. And the person I'm forced to be on base isnt my true self. When I do get employed I will lilley lie about it to everyone. Pretty sad.

You know me I'm a huge supporter of our service men and women, so hopefully one day they can appreciate and support what cannabis does for our beloved vets, but It's pretty clear that days isnt as close as I thought.

I get a law is a law. But dependents and retired personnel should have a right to it. Sure maybe not in public but consuming on federal land shouldn't be that big of a deal especially in a fully legal state. But that's another topic. We dont even vote for federal laws. So I'm not sure how they can apply to us lol. Again different subject.

I appreciate your perspective as always buddy. And I get it why they did it, but still dont agree with it. For now I'll just keep hoping trump lives up to his word and will end the prohibition. There are far more important things our service members could allocate their time and energy to instead of arresting people for a plant. EDIT a plant that heals and saves lives!

Oh I get it brother, trust me. And its changing brother. You just gotta give it more time. Nothing in our government works quickly.....a blessing and a curse at the same time

On a side note, I posted that not to make you feel it was you in the wrong or your fault. I just offered it to possibly help you understand your unique situation and possibly by understanding the 'whys' of other action you can prevent any situation from escalating. Maybe bring edibles and hide behind some beer bottles LOL.

Oh I get it brother, trust me. And its changing brother. You just gotta give it more time. Nothing in our government works quickly.....a blessing and a curse at the same time

On a side note, I posted that not to make you feel it was you in the wrong or your fault. I just offered it to possibly help you understand your unique situation and possibly by understanding the 'whys' of other action you can prevent any situation from escalating. Maybe bring edibles and hide behind some beer bottles LOL.

The times they are a'changing. And at an exponential rate (or as much as that can happen with our gov). I'm fairly confident that by the time we get our next assignment all will be gravy.

I know you weren't trying to make me feel anyway about it. It ticks me off, but at the end of the day I need to take responsibility for my actions. Regardless of whether or not I agree with the rules, I broke them. Like I said I'm just kicking myself a bit for not taking more caution. Kinda had a good thing going.....

Okay so today is the end of week 2.

DAY 14

Now that were in coco it's been into to nutes 101. I did notice a tiny leaf curl and one burned tip, after I watered of course :oops:

on top of that I realized I forgot to add part B to the feed....

so I may just spread a 111 diluted quart among them real quick again before lights out....

Their food includes
  • Cal mag xtra
  • Sensi grow for coco part A and normally B
  • Liquid karma
  • Voodoo juice
  • Pirhana

4 ml per gallon of the first 2
3 ml per gallon of the latter 2

So here's the plants all together

Left stankberry. Right widows. Center ATF.

Here's a close up of white cookies

And the white widow

The ATFs

And stankberries

And there we have it for today! Need to get some chores done. The kale, spinach plants, corn and beets all look great. Patiently waiting for the carrots and Armenian cucumbers to sprout.

It was a chilly morning here. High 40s. Ok chilly for you all.

Hope your day is full of sunshine. The kind from the sky as well as the smokable type.

Cheers

Dabber

Babies look great Dabber! They are looking really strong.
Thanks van man! Just peeked in at them and they're doing good. They woke up about an hour ago. Already have some 7 fingered fans forming. Gonna be sad when I top them tomorrow :(.

Honestly I'm not sure if its genetics or what. (Maybe the widow is just very heavy indica). But the ATF and stank berry are dwarfing the fems. I suppose that's alright with me. Could make for a neat hybrid.

Are you pollinating your widow Van?

I'm not sure if there is a term for it. Maybe you or penny would know... but is there any benefit to crossing 2 different strains with the same Male. Then breeding the 2 hybrids (half siblings) a gen or 2 and back crossing? Or even line breeding those? I get it may take longer to stabilize with 3 strains vs one. But was curious on your thoughts.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom