The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Okay but it looks good? I just gave her a feeding 1/4tsp plant food 1/4tsp molasses 1/4 root sim

They do look good. I would probably cull nodes 1 and 2 right now and then wait a few days and do your topping. That way you don't do all the stress of early quadlining in 1 day. You are kind of splitting up the stress so it won't miss a beat. 9 times out of 10 they barely miss a beat anyways when you do it all at once but splitting it up is the best way.

Wish I saw this sooner! Topped my plant at the 4th node 12 days ago and now have a tight little baby bush haha. Just want some clarity on what I need to get rid of in order to quadline. I attached some pics from today and on the on I drew lines on what I'm assuming to keep as far as nodes go and the rest should be removed? Do I keep the large fan leaves or should they go as well?

Attachments

• 20190907_173432.jpg
    20190907_173432.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190907_122621.jpg
    20190907_122621.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190907_122615.jpg
    20190907_122615.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 24
Wish I saw this sooner! Topped my plant at the 4th node 12 days ago and now have a tight little baby bush haha. Just want some clarity on what I need to get rid of in order to quadline. I attached some pics from today and on the on I drew lines on what I'm assuming to keep as far as nodes go and the rest should be removed? Do I keep the large fan leaves or should they go as well?
Your plants look like they are doing just fine if they are 4 days post topping. I wouldn’t worry about it. Basically you want to leave the top two nodes, each of the nodes has two branches coming out of it, so you’ll end up with 4 branches (quad-line). Everything else below those 4 branches gets stripped. Big fan leaves can be pulled if they are really getting in the way or blocking things but once it’s all stripped I’d just let it grow for a while before removing anything else.

Your plants look like they are doing just fine if they are 4 days post topping. I wouldn’t worry about it. Basically you want to leave the top two nodes, each of the nodes has two branches coming out of it, so you’ll end up with 4 branches (quad-line). Everything else below those 4 branches gets stripped. Big fan leaves can be pulled if they are really getting in the way or blocking things but once it’s all stripped I’d just let it grow for a while before removing anything else.
Thanks Ase! I'm gonna attempt it tonight if I get home at a decent time or just knock her back tomorrow. I also need to transplant not sure if I should transplant first and then strip? Or strip wait 3 to 4 days and then transplant?

Thanks Ase! I'm gonna attempt it tonight if I get home at a decent time or just knock her back tomorrow. I also need to transplant not sure if I should transplant first and then strip? Or strip wait 3 to 4 days and then transplant?
I’d strip first and then if the plant doesn’t miss a beat you could probably transplant within a couple days. You want the energy to really be pushed into those four branches to get them off to a good start.

They do look good. I would probably cull nodes 1 and 2 right now and then wait a few days and do your topping. That way you don't do all the stress of early quadlining in 1 day. You are kind of splitting up the stress so it won't miss a beat. 9 times out of 10 they barely miss a beat anyways when you do it all at once but splitting it up is the best way.
Okay thanks the fifth node is in but it's not fully developed yet but its growing fast

What the #### are u doing with the dirt?
Kinda looks like your trying to make the side branches extend away from the main stock?

Nevermind ;( just realized your using the dirt as weights to keep branches straight.
No I’m stopping the knife without stunting the plans but it keeps pushing he dirt. So I’m practicing with cannibus butter. Never quad but I’m trying.

Back
Top Bottom