The Mega Crop Thread

These have exploded since I fed. Even my sick plant is coming to life. This was Saturday morning and this morning.
That's good growth!

Like the ones on a washing machine water supply hose .

I have a couple of these:

full

100 Micron Filter

Funny you mentioned washing machines... These started working with a watering system for fuchsia growing. That endeavor failed. They then migrated to the washing machine after the first time we had the well filled. They were clogged solid with grit from the well on more than one occasion. They were a heck of a lot easier to clean than the ones in the washer supply lines, and sure didn't need to be cleaned as often. I removed them when I installed the whole house water filter a month ago. I guess it may be time to put them back to work.

I have a couple of these:

full

100 Micron Filter

Funny you mentioned washing machines... These started working with a watering system for fuchsia growing. That endeavor failed. They then migrated to the washing machine after the first time we had the well filled. They were clogged solid with grit from the well on more than one occasion. They were a heck of a lot easier to clean than the ones in the washer supply lines, and sure didn't need to be cleaned as often. I removed them when I installed the whole house water filter a month ago. I guess it may be time to put them back to work.
I’d rather see the washing machine filter that one might hold something back ?

hi guys
shameless cross post.

dropping a hempy style MC based grow over here
come join in anytime.. know i missed a bunch of you on the tag

will make sure to keep contributing to this thread as well.

She's running now. I tossed in 9gms / gal (42.75gm / 18l) as that's 1-1/2 times the 6gm/gal recommended for flower. I'll let it run for 30 minutes, then check it in the morning. I'm hoping to wake up and find it in a solution, without any solids in the bottom of the pail.

Well, it's morning and the balls are gone. I'll let it sit for a few days to see if anything falls out of suspension.

I’d rather see the washing machine filter that one might hold something back ?

This is a standard filter used to protect the drippers from clogging. I'll run a test before using it in my grow to ensure Mega Crop runs freely through it.

As a disclaimer I have nothing to do with GLN and I've paid for all their products. These are just my opinions and what has worked for me in the past.

Megacrop has two versions which most call v1 and v2. v1 goes back to 2018 and by early 2019 v2 was the only one sold by GLN. Both were designed as a one formula nute from veg through harvest. The simplicity of the product has turned several growers on to their product with great results.

MC v1 has a NPK value of 9-6-14 and v2 has a NPK value of 9-6-17. There's a 25% increase in magnesium, a 27% increase in phosphorous and a 24% increase in potassium. There's also higher levels of Ca and Magnesium amino chelates. This newer formula covered problems they had getting the plant through harvest without seeing any deficiencies.
If you have v1 such as myself then you most likely will need a Calmag supplement to get you through flower. Although the K is lower there were never any K defs that I have encountered using v1.

The Bud Explosion(BE) is a bloom booster (0-16-39) and is designed for advanced growers who can make adjustments to their MC doseage without locking out macro nutrients. I assure you if you follow the directions of the BE and the MC calculator your plants will take a turn for the worse. The high levels of P and K in BE added to the regular dose of MC throws your NPK ratio way off and all kinds of issues arise. Unless you know how to calculate the amount of NPK and the correct ratios a plant wants then I strongly advise against using the product. v2 of MC has all the bloom booster it needs and will give you plenty of flowers.
@InTheShed has been using MC only in Promix and has not added anything extra throughout his grow.

Sweet Candy(SC) is a carb, soil and plant enhancer (0-0-16) and is designed to increase terps and trichomes on your plant. Again, v2 covers all this and your plants will come out frosty and smelling nice. @Dutchman1990 I'm sure can attest to that. This product if used as directed with your regular MC doseage will also cause you problems. You will be giving your plant 16% K on top of the 17% already in MC. You will have K excess issues as well as Ca problems and other micro nutrient deficiencies.
As I mentioned I use v1, so in order for me to get through harvest I use a calmag supplement and SC in my feeds.

Cal-Mag pro(CMP) is a plant killer! This product contains 13%N (13-0-0). Even dosing 4.5g of MC and 1g of CMP/4L(veg stage week 2) puts your N load around 160ppm. Healthy plants look for N loads between 90-150ppm. Your plants will burn if you try feeding this product at regular rates with MC. If you reduce your MC then you are taking away the macro and micro nutrients your plant needs. So any other calmag than theirs would work fine. I use a product with a 1-0-0 NPK value.

So v2 of MC should be all a grower needs. If the plant shows signs of defs growers have increased the amount of their MC and prevented the problem from escalating. This doesn't mean you can't add other products, you just have to be aware that doing so may turn your grow from good to bad real quick.
@farside05 uses MC v2, a calmag supplement and Protekt. He likes to add more silica to his plants, hence the Protekt. He then has to add more N through the Calmag to balance his NPK ratio out.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. I'm sure I can add more later as others will. Great topic.
A truly brilliant explanation Mr Sauga. thank you. From so many great reviews and comments on lots of sites ect, I can see how it is so hard to get hold of now too. Will have to keep using the unicorn piss and Elf guano till MC becomes a reality on our shores it seems !.

I have to mix tonight. Feed calculator says to go 4gm-gallon. These auto flowers are 15 days old. Anyone see an issue jumping from 2gm-gallon to 4?
The fact they are autos around day 15 I would only go 1g increment over your next couple of feedings, 3g next feed then 4g the following. I say this because if you do overfeed the auto you may stunt her growth and start an early flower. Since the plants don't appear to have any defs, although they could be a bit darker, it may be in your best interest to gradually raise the feed amount. You probably would be OK, but why run the risk if not needed.

I might be inclined to prop those leaves off the medium as well. Your plant will thank you :)

The fact they are autos around day 15 I would only go 1g increment over your next couple of feedings, 3g next feed then 4g the following. I say this because if you do overfeed the auto you may stunt her growth and start an early flower. Since the plants don't appear to have any defs, although they could be a bit darker, it may be in your best interest to gradually raise the feed amount. You probably would be OK, but why run the risk if not needed.

I might be inclined to prop those leaves off the medium as well. Your plant will thank you :)

Funny you should mention that. I have a Six Shooter auto (FastBuds) that is on Day 7 today. Yesterday I noticed her leaves were two tone. The end half was light green, the stem half was dark MC green. It was a weird look, so I did a little digging. Pot was still good (7gal fabric pot w/ promix hp) from the initial soak of the medium (which had about a .5g/gal soak) but dang if she wasn't hungry.

C54A72FB-92C6-4F66-8519-B8AE8D0DD795.jpeg

So I mixed up a half gallon with 1.5g. Poured 8oz into a drinking cup and slowly gave her just a little taste in a circle around and out away from her about 3 inches.

This morning? She looks just fine. Two-tone all gone.

Tomorrow starts Week 2 for it and a Blue Dream. The pots aren't fully ready for more, maybe 2/3 of the way there when I checked yesterday evening, but they're probably ready for a full meal at the recommended 2g/gal.

I maybe should have did the same preemptively for the Blue Dream, but she looks fine and should be good until tomorrow afternoon.

The Professor seems to have a magical acquisition method in your country!

Not that there is anything wrong with 3.

Or

What MrSauga said!
Yep at that age I totally agree didn’t c the post about age I’ll go a bit lower then 3 cuz there autos

The color has gotten better since the MC. Not real thrilled with this bought soil. I will do the gradual raise as suggested. My concern was them being autos. The bottom leaves are going to get chopped right before the next water. Makes it almost impossible to water. Still getting used to dirt. Thanks for the help.

I don't like removing fan leaves on a 2 week old auto just because they get in the way of watering. I put small river rocks under them to keep them off the soil. I also use a long neck watering can. You generally can't go wrong following advice from @InTheShed and @MrSauga. At least that's been my experience.

I don't like removing fan leaves on a 2 week old auto just because they get in the way of watering. I put small river rocks under them to keep them off the soil. I also use a long neck watering can. You generally can't go wrong following advice from @InTheShed and @MrSauga. At least that's been my experience.
[/]

I will try that. Being an auto I waited this long but will hold off for another week. I WILL conquer the dirt. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom