The Mega Crop Thread

Today's Project:

Thanks are due to @West Hippie for the idea of using a wave generator to mix the nutrient solution. This is my take on a mount for 5 US gallon buckets. The suction pad in the mount supplied with the wave generator was removed, and a 6mm (1/4") bolt is used to secure it to the PVC mounting bracket. A hole will be drilled in the lid. The male and female thread adapters will be used to clamp the assembly to the lid. I may need to add a plate to the lid to stabilize the assembly. Today will tell.

full

Parts for Mixer Assembly

Just fed my first dose of mc to my girls. So as I've read thru this journal I was under the impression that a table spoon of mc weighed abound six grams. My table spoon weighed 18.6 grams. A teaspoon weighed 7.6 grams. Got weight down to 6.4 g and I fed my two white widow autos the sixth week of flower. That's 6.2g per gallon. Is that correct?

Teaspoons and tablespoons are volume measurements. Three teaspoons to a tablespoon, and 5ml to a teaspoon. The specific gravity of Meaga Crop is close to 1.2, so a teaspoon will weigh close to 6 grams. Your Tablespoon is close, your teaspoon seems to hold a bit more than 5ml. It's a good thing to know when mixing up your solutions.

i'm a big proponent of feeding by weight and using a scale.
especially for the type of small scale growing typically associated with the home hobby industry.

we have all overlooked the fact MC is really geared to larger scale greenhouse type operations.
it's typically sold in pallet lots.

under those conditions it makes total sense to feed by volume using a scoop. not a measuring spoon lol.
when feeding by larger volume, all the variances we notice with the calcium (?) balls etc, average out, and are not even a factor worth considering. it's only when you parse the stuff down to a few grams that it becomes an issue.

MC is geared to bigger grows. it was simply repackaged for the home hobby market.
probably why it works so well.

it was simply repackaged for the home hobby market.

... and I'm glad they did. I can work around the calcium balls by mixing 5 gallons at a time. Mega Crop e-mailed me that when mixed their product is good for weeks, if not months. My lawn thanks me if I have some left when it's time to change to another strength.

... and I'm glad they did. I can work around the calcium balls by mixing 5 gallons at a time. Mega Crop e-mailed me that when mixed their product is good for weeks, if not months. My lawn thanks me if I have some left when it's time to change to another strength.

could not agree more ^

I called one the other day, asking if they had any 2" bulkheads in stock. Dude was like, "what's a bulkhead?"

I says, "You're a hydro store and don't know what a bulkhead fitting is?"

After explaining it, he'd never heard them called that before. I was shocked. And they didn't have any either. My main store didn't, so that's why I called the other one.

oops meant to reply to this .. sorry @multiVortex

don't go to hydro stores for that stuff. irrigation, landscape, or farm supply places have them in droves about 1/4 the price or less than typical hydro store shops. farm supply will usually be the cheapest.

the best "hydro" shop locally is actually a landscape, irrigation, and gardening supply company. the owner was tapped by the gov't originally to instruct on how to grow medical cannabis.

I put the week old Mc on my pecan trees and this was year three one hell of a bumper crop . Was using my spent nutrients over my peach trees last year , all 12 trees broke branches from the weight.

I put the week old Mc on my pecan trees and this was year three one hell of a bumper crop . Was using my spent nutrients over my peach trees last year , all 12 trees broke branches from the weight.
I do the same with run off.

current excess and runoff program..

full

there are a bunch more. pic taken last night. these were brought in from outdoor at the end of fall.
there's loads more as well. the stuff will flower all winter long. did on the old nutes last winter too.

Today's Project:

Thanks are due to @West Hippie for the idea of using a wave generator to mix the nutrient solution. This is my take on a mount for 5 US gallon buckets. The suction pad in the mount supplied with the wave generator was removed, and a 6mm (1/4") bolt is used to secure it to the PVC mounting bracket. A hole will be drilled in the lid. The male and female thread adapters will be used to clamp the assembly to the lid. I may need to add a plate to the lid to stabilize the assembly. Today will tell.

full

Parts for Mixer Assembly

She's running now. I tossed in 9gms / gal (42.75gm / 18l) as that's 1-1/2 times the 6gm/gal recommended for flower. I'll let it run for 30 minutes, then check it in the morning. I'm hoping to wake up and find it in a solution, without any solids in the bottom of the pail.

If all is good, I'll remove six liters of the solution, and add six liters of water to bring it back to 6gm/gal. Why waste perfectly good nutrients, even if the cost is low?

Yup I’m having a bit bug issue also but I’m with em I don’t spray my plant with nothing only one spary of need befor the flip sticky traps work really well n the fly traps even better u will catch all of them hopfully but here are my girls with out light so all y’all can really c what’s goin on

There doin well goin to do a five gal top up

Yup I’m having a bit bug issue also but I’m with em I don’t spray my plant with nothing only one spary of need befor the flip sticky traps work really well n the fly traps even better u will catch all of them hopfully but here are my girls with out light so all y’all can really c what’s goin on

Get that reservoir down to 68 degrees and every time it feeds you’ll see them come out and get into the yellow tacky paper .
And those girls are gonna be awesome!

Really get a sense of the verdantness in natch light!

I mixed up my first gallon of weak MC for my seedlings today. When I weighed it out I went over a bit and then hand picked out some of the large balls until I got back down to the 2 gram mark. I first added the 2 grams to 1/2 gallon of water and shook really well, several times and over a half hour of time. I noticed that you guys were right... it was hard to get all of this to go into the solution and there will still flakes of something settling down to the bottom.
I put the jug into the microwave for 3 minutes and warmed the water up a bit... it certainly wasn't hot, and then I shook again. This time all the little particles disappear into the solution. I am happy. This jug should last a week or so in my 3 starter pots.
DSCF7403.JPG

I use warm water,and dissolve the MC in a little bottle before adding it to the gallon jug-too much work to shake a gallon jug for ten minutes... :)

Back
Top Bottom