The Mega Crop Thread

It's weird that I never have had a problem mixing MC into tap water. I use the hose into a 3 or 5 gallon bucket and dump in the MC while stirring with a driftwood branch. 30 seconds later it's just brown water with nothing floating in it at all.

Of course, my tap water isn't in the mid-west in November. I wonder if you would have the same issues in August...
Same here but I do mine in a water bottle shake it well in add in res

I put Megacrop in milk jug first, then splash of molasses, then 1tbs vinegar or 1 teaspoon CalMag. Fill jug quarter full with hot water. Shake quarter full jug profusely (not like Emilya...30 mins....sheesh). Then fill rest of jug to make end product room temp. Very little residue left after that. If Im doing 5 gal bucket. Fill bucket with 4 gallons and add concentrated milk jug mix to bucket.

I see no need to grind.

OH...i like the smell btw too.

I put Megacrop in milk jug first, then splash of molasses, then 1tbs vinegar or 1 teaspoon CalMag. Fill jug quarter full with hot water. Shake quarter full jug profusely (not like Emilya...30 mins....sheesh). Then fill rest of jug to make end product room temp. Very little residue left after that. If Im doing 5 gal bucket. Fill bucket with 4 gallons and add concentrated milk jug mix to bucket.

I see no need to grind.
Yeap simple

I mixed up my first gallon of weak MC for my seedlings today. When I weighed it out I went over a bit and then hand picked out some of the large balls until I got back down to the 2 gram mark. I first added the 2 grams to 1/2 gallon of water and shook really well, several times and over a half hour of time. I noticed that you guys were right... it was hard to get all of this to go into the solution and there will still flakes of something settling down to the bottom.
I put the jug into the microwave for 3 minutes and warmed the water up a bit... it certainly wasn't hot, and then I shook again. This time all the little particles disappear into the solution. I am happy. This jug should last a week or so in my 3 starter pots.
DSCF7403.JPG

Look at it before you use it. I've found that some drops out after a few days. I've had to give it a good stir each time before I use it. I put the mixer together as I'm too lazy to shake it for an extended period of time.

I use warm water,and dissolve the MC in a little bottle before adding it to the gallon jug-too much work to shake a gallon jug for ten minutes... :)

I tried that with almost boiling water. It still fell out of suspension after a couple of days. I also tried it with hot water after grinding the balls to a powder with the same result.

It's weird that I never have had a problem mixing MC into tap water. I use the hose into a 3 or 5 gallon bucket and dump in the MC while stirring with a driftwood branch. 30 seconds later it's just brown water with nothing floating in it at all.

Of course, my tap water isn't in the mid-west in November. I wonder if you would have the same issues in August...
Are you using V1? I think the addition of the balls makes it more difficult to put into solution.

Do you have air stones in your reservoir? Aerating the res creates a constant mixing action, which would explain why you don't see it dropping out of suspension.

Look at it before you use it. I've found that some drops out after a few days. I've had to give it a good stir each time before I use it. I put the mixer together as I'm too lazy to shake it for an extended period of time.

I tried that with almost boiling water. It still fell out of suspension after a couple of days. I also tried it with hot water after grinding the balls to a powder with the same result.

Are you using V1? I think the addition of the balls makes it more difficult to put into solution.

Do you have air stones in your reservoir? Aerating the res creates a constant mixing action, which would explain why you don't see it dropping out of suspension.
Of course bubblers lol as soon as I add mc in res a hr or two it’s all dissolved plus I run thru my pump for a bit helps out too

It still fell out of suspension after a couple of days.
I just give the jug a good shake just before pouring it on the plants,although mine's never in the jug for long before I use it.

I just give the jug a good shake just before pouring it on the plants,although mine's never in the jug for long before I use it.
Mine either mix do ph n bam feeding time !!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Mine gets mixed then gradually used for a period up to a week. I've been feeding manually, as I'm worried that the drippers for my automatic watering system will clog. I may need to get a filter for that if the mixer doesn't work for me. I'll first try water right from the RO, before it hits the finishing filter.

Get that reservoir down to 68 degrees and every time it feeds you’ll see them come out and get into the yellow tacky paper .
And those girls are gonna be awesome!
Thanks I’m hoping a can put a show for u guys of mc working just fine

Get that reservoir down to 68 degrees and every time it feeds you’ll see them come out and get into the yellow tacky paper .
And those girls are gonna be awesome!
[/ :thumb:

Mine gets mixed then gradually used for a period up to a week. I've been feeding manually, as I'm worried that the drippers for my automatic watering system will clog. I may need to get a filter for that if the mixer doesn't work for me. I'll first try water right from the RO, before it hits the finishing filter.
Filter will def prob help big time

These have exploded since I fed. Even my sick plant is coming to life. This was Saturday morning and this morning.

Attachments

• 61454B02-C98B-4B22-BC41-B9C1E2BACCC8.jpeg
    61454B02-C98B-4B22-BC41-B9C1E2BACCC8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • FFB5593C-1826-4EF3-8006-82F1BE80726E.jpeg
    FFB5593C-1826-4EF3-8006-82F1BE80726E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • 638930CB-913D-466D-A46E-454D68A8ABC3.jpeg
    638930CB-913D-466D-A46E-454D68A8ABC3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom