The Mega Crop Thread

You are my side by side.

I am also intrigued by how many of you buy into the argument that only because they are an evil corporation trying to sell products, they are lying to us... trying to market things that we do not need. This sort of cynicism is common around here, but for a true scientific investigation of a new product, this sort of emotional reaction is not at all helpful.

I can clearly see that the the BE product has been adjusted several times, so as to remain compatable with their core product, MC, as it changed.

since you have not done the same experiment that I am doing with the additives, many of your arguments are absolutely devoid of experimental data and experience.

I am right now running one of the best looking grows I have seen in years, and it is the Megacrop with its companion products, @Vulx and my great lights making it happen.

Its impossible for someone not running the supplements to be your side by side. Too many variables. Their tent, lights, humidity, strain, growing medium, etc are not identical to yours.

A couple posts up, Greenleaf themselves tells us that products made by companies in the industry are not always in your best interest and may be manufactured as a marketing ploy. Confirmation that it goes on from an industry insider. So yeah, I'm a cynic for good reason.

Yes they've changed Mega and made it stronger. One would think if they're adjusting their supplements to match the base nute changes that they'd be dialing them back. Problem is, per the most recent labels, they've made them stronger too. That's counter intuitive, so that theory holds no water.

You haven't experimented with using no additives, so you have no data for comparison either to say that the additives actually do provide a benefit. It works both ways.

I'm glad you're having one of your best grows in years, but with so many products in the mix, MC, SC, BE, SK, Vulx, how can you determine which one is responsible for that?

And for the record, there is only 1 instance of the rep showing up here. Consider this thread repless.
Make that 2.

Welcome sir, we have been wondering where you have been?

Does your lack of a well maintained page have anything to do with the quality of your food or your restaurant? Of course it doesn't.
good point. lol and pretty much exactly what i tell people. my breakfasts are amazing!

one of the questions i have about nutes with these big npk numbers. does 9- 6- 17 = 3- 2- 5.6 ? or 1.5-1-2.8 ?

are these essentially the same ratios?

one of the questions i have about nutes with these big npk numbers. does 9- 6- 17 = 3- 2- 5.6 ? or 1.5-1-2.8 ?

No, the figures on the bag are percentages. It means 9% of the weight is nitrogen, and so on. The figures of 3- 2- 5.6 or 1.5-1-2.8 should be written 3 : 2 : 5.6 or 1.5 : 1 : 2.8, indicating that they are ratios of the elements involved.

Its impossible for someone not running the supplements to be your side by side. Too many variables. Their tent, lights, humidity, strain, growing medium, etc are not identical to yours.

A couple posts up, Greenleaf themselves tells us that products made by companies in the industry are not always in your best interest and may be manufactured as a marketing ploy. Confirmation that it goes on from an industry insider. So yeah, I'm a cynic for good reason.

Yes they've changed Mega and made it stronger. One would think if they're adjusting their supplements to match the base nute changes that they'd be dialing them back. Problem is, per the most recent labels, they've made them stronger too. That's counter intuitive, so that theory holds no water.

You haven't experimented with using no additives, so you have no data for comparison either to say that the additives actually do provide a benefit. It works both ways.

I'm glad you're having one of your best grows in years, but with so many products in the mix, MC, SC, BE, SK, Vulx, how can you determine which one is responsible for that?

True that.

Even one person doing a comparison with a few plants is suspect. Personal bias can influence results, I already believe supplements are or are not needed. Too few plants to be statistically significant.

We need a double blind study with hundreds of plants.

Does your lack of a well maintained page have anything to do with the quality of your food or your restaurant? Of course it doesn't.

The quality of the page has nothing to do with the quality of the fertilizer, which is why I use it BUT is does make suspect of other things on the page. If the images aren't updated, who's to say that the supplement calculator was updated for the new versions. Images are easier to update than formulas.

Yes, you are right. 9-6-17 is the same ratio as 3-2-5.6 only 3x stronger.

True that.

Even one person doing a comparison with a few plants is suspect. Personal bias can influence results, I already believe supplements are or are not needed. Too few plants to be statistically significant.

We need a double blind study with hundreds of plants.
Until then, all I ask is that people stop disparaging the company and the products until they know what they are talking about. I am happy that maybe due to my bold stance in here, at least a few people are going to now try the supplements, who would have been scared to before I came along. Someone has to be brave enough to stand up for common sense here in this unofficial official Megacrop thread and it matters not that I am being disparaged on other threads for the way I talk! it's always something, isn't it?

Yeah.... I'd probably acknowledge that comment, but I'd just get reported again...

Unpopular opinion.... people can grow in many different ways & get successful results. YOUR opinion is just that.... your OPINION. And frankly.... I put 0 stock in what you believe to be correct.

.....I use what works for me.... as should every other grower.

Cocky attitudes lead to ignorance...
:meditate:

so annoying all this dribble

You're joking yes? You are the white knight here to save the thread in the name of common sense? A little less cockiness humility goes a long way.
No, I am not joking. Pretty much the same as how I stood up to you with your blanket proclamation about flushing... I just call them as I see them and always will. Humility has nothing to do with my constant quest for truth and the advancement of this art.

No, I am not joking. Pretty much the same as how I stood up to you with your blanket proclamation about flushing... I just call them as I see them and always will. Humility has nothing to do with my constant quest for truth and the advancement of this art.
My "blanket proclamation about flushing" is 100% based in science. You standing up to it was and is a fool's errand.

If you have a problem with science, you should put that in your signature so folks will know that up front.

so annoying all this dribble
I get the impression that there are a handful of members who are trying to shame me into going away since I am making fun of their slide rules and all... Its not going to work, because this thread has become too interesting to leave. Maybe we should all try to play nicely together and get along instead of attacking those with a dissenting view?

Back
Top Bottom