The Mega Crop Thread

The only "facts" I have or have stated:
DSCF7722.JPG
Disagreeing with you and shaming you are quite different.
Do you really think that what you said on that other thread was not hurtful and meant to cause me shame?

Most of us here have completed several grows to our own satisfaction. In doing so, we have formed our own opinions as to the 'best' way to go about it. They often conflict with those of other seasoned growers. Our opinions are best expressed as 'this is what works for me.' Others cannot change our opinions, only we can do that.

The sniping that has been going on for the last while is not helping our fellow growers at all. The sniping may easily turn less experienced growers away from a product we all think is one of the best for growing that we have encountered.

We are all free to express our opinions on how best to use this amazing product. That does not mean that another using it differently is wrong. It only means they grow differently than we do.

Remember, there are as many ways of growing as there are growers.

From #noflushclub link 2:

“The practice of flushing is a current common industry practice but there is no evidence in published literature of its effectiveness in reducing nutrient concentrations within the bud or even whether or not this is a desirable result. After testing the nutrient concentrations from each treatment from three separate experiments, there were no significant differences in nutrient levels between any treatments within each experiment. This result showed that the intended purpose of flushing to reduce nutrient concentrations within the bud has no effect. These data show that for the last two weeks of the flower cycle for cannabis, it was possible to use no fertilizer water for irrigation with no significant impact on yield while saving input costs on fertilizer.

I like the part I put in bold.
:thumb:

...since I am making fun of their slide rules and all...

Maybe we should all try to play nicely together...

Attack someone in the first sentence and then ask for civility in the next? You reap what you sow.

When my MC arrives I’m going to pop 4 wedding cake and 2 plants will be straight MC and 2 will run MC with all the add ons. See what’s what.

If they were all guaranteed to be the same pheno, maybe. Clones would be the best option for such a trial.

That being said, I've been interested in Wedding Cake, and will be interested in the grow regardless. :)

I run a tiny little restaurant in a tiny little town and still get slack for not maintaining my "page" these guys could do better

good point. lol and pretty much exactly what i tell people. my breakfasts are amazing!

An excellent breakfast spot is never a bad thing. Unless all you get is farmers hogging up your tables drinking coffee all morning. :D

At some point, it may be several weeks or more, could we message back and forth about a few things regarding basic operation?

Images are easier to update than formulas.

You're right. GLN and I should talk. They need me. It's what I do. :D

so annoying all this dribble

Si. So shameful. It's like I wandered into a meth thread. Everybody all tweaked up. :laugh:

Mine dissolve completely with tap water after about 30 seconds of stirring. I believe v2 is all you can get now.

I don't stir. I go all Shake-Weighty on my gallon jugs. Tones arms and pecs while doing my gardening. I predict it will be the new fitness craze for 2020.

The reason behind grinding them has to do with getting an even distribution rather than getting them into the mix. If you only make small batches, you may end up with too few or too many balls. I make 3 gallons at a time and put what I don't use in gallon milk jugs and it keeps fine with no settling. Because I use more product at once I feel like I get a good ball:powder mix.

I don't stir. I go all Shake-Weighty on my gallon jugs. Tones arms and pecs while doing my gardening. I predict it will be the new fitness craze for 2020.

I do that in the early phases too. Once I can/need to mix up more than a gallon, it's into the bucket and using the drill paddle. :D

Growing plants AND playing with power tools? Awesome. :laugh:

The reason behind grinding them has to do with getting an even distribution rather than getting them into the mix. If you only make small batches, you may end up with too few or too many balls. I make 3 gallons at a time and put what I don't use in gallon milk jugs and it keeps fine with no settling. Because I use more product at once I feel like I get a good ball:powder mix.
I thought maybe the balls formed in there from a certain particular nutrient in the bag. Besides maybe not having perfect grams in there as long as the balls arent containing anything different than the more finely grinded up stuff has then I dont mind mixing/shaking it. As long as the whole bag is same npk ratios and I dont need to worry about mixing too many or too little balls each time

I believe the powder represents some of the mix and the balls represent the rest. In theory, the ball-to-powder ratio should be the maintained with every batch of nutes you mix regardless of how much you are mixing. If you include too few or too many balls you won't be matching the ingredients label on the bag. In theory. In practice it may all come out in the wash!

Like I said, I use enough at one time to feel like everything is evenly represented :).

I believe the powder represents some of the mix and the balls represent the rest. In theory, the ball-to-powder ratio should be the maintained with every batch of nutes you mix regardless of how much you are mixing. If you include too few or too many balls you won't be matching the ingredients label on the bag. In theory. In practice it may all come out in the wash!

Like I said, I use enough at one time to feel like everything is evenly represented :).

I will only be using this for one plant right now so it's not much to mix but I'll make sure to include a couple balls each time. It's kinda like splitting hairs now, I'm sure the difference is not crazy substantial

I would grind for a small grow. You grind it and put it in a jar and you cut out on a lot of future mess from opening the bag or having to dig for balls. The powder is so light it gets everywhere.
I've done it both ways now and I much prefer the ground up product.
I also ended up with wasted product when I didn't grind. I ran out of balls but still had powder left.

I would grind for a small grow. You grind it and put it in a jar and you cut out on a lot of future mess from opening the bag or having to dig for balls. The powder is so light it gets everywhere.
I've done it both ways now and I much prefer the ground up product.
I also ended up with wasted product when I didn't grind. I ran out of balls but still had powder left.
The plight of the middle class. :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom