The Mega Crop Thread

This goes against just about everything everyone here learned about different needs at different stages.

That depends on ones take on that subject too. The old wisdom was "cut N and feed more P & K", but there's empirical data/tissue samples that would disagree. In that case, MC's one formula is perfect for the entire grow. For those that want to travel the traditional route, they make supplements.

The 500gm will get you well into flower with three plants. Depending on how big you let them get, and how you grow, you may need more to finish your grow. My three in a coco/perlite drain-to-waste grow will need more than double that. I have two medium size plants occupying 2' x 2' (60cm x 60cm) each and a full size indica in a 40" x 40" (100 x 100 cm) tent. They've already gone through more than 900gms, and have about four weeks to go. They need about 15gm/day now, so another 400gm.
Just got the sample to "test the waters" lol ive got another bigger bag in the cart... excited to see how the mc works, these plants are almost a month into veg and switching so we will see

That depends on ones take on that subject too. The old wisdom was "cut N and feed more P & K", but there's empirical data/tissue samples that would disagree. In that case, MC's one formula is perfect for the entire grow. For those that want to travel the traditional route, they make supplements.
In the case of adding this PK booster your not cutting N. Simply adding higher PK. I am certain that all these things are being worked out by people with lots of lab equipment with big pockets. I can only go by my results. They have told me aspirin is good to take once a day also. Or is it. All how you digest and willing to believe what is in front of you. I know results of lowering N in flower has never lead me wrong in my grows and that is the only data I can trust.
I go back to how leafy this last harvest was. Increased Nitrogen promotes leaf growth so I want to see if raising the PK and not lowering the base nutrients will stop the leafy plants. Am I the only one that has noticed this change from other Nutes?

In the case of adding this PK booster your not cutting N. Simply adding higher PK.

But it is changing the ratio. There is less N as a percentage of the overall ppm's, because you only increased the ppm's of P & K.

But it is changing the ratio. There is less N as a percentage of the overall ppm's, because you only increased the ppm's of P & K.
Not there is less because overall you didn’t decrease the amount going in. Yes your % will change but the amount of N available doesn’t change. If you backed off the base of say 6gm-gl to 5.5 and increased the PK the N available would drop. I’m not advocating decreasing the N with MC because as was pointed out plants need the higher N.

I decided to start running Mega Crop in my Purple Punch grow. I am anxious to see if I have like wise results as another PP grow just a few pages back . I am at day 16 of flowering in this picture
I’ll say this , my plants leaves are 100% more green than before MC use

Attachments

• 0359C514-1C39-4362-ABE5-D9D209CFB93A.jpeg
    0359C514-1C39-4362-ABE5-D9D209CFB93A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Not there is less because overall you didn’t decrease the amount going in. Yes your % will change but the amount of N available doesn’t change. If you backed off the base of say 6gm-gl to 5.5 and increased the PK the N available would drop. I’m not advocating decreasing the N with MC because as was pointed out plants need the higher N.

Yes the ppm of of N will not change if you don't change the amount of the base nute that contains the N. I'm fully aware of that. The statement "The old wisdom was cut N and feed more P & K" is a generalization that a plants demands change dramatically from veg to bloom. You'll find it around here plenty and it's rooted in suggestions published back in the 70's by General Hydroponics. The document I linked, from tissue samples AN did, does not confirm that. In 2 of the 3 samples tested, the demand for N actually went up in bloom, along with the increased demand for P & K. The truly ironic part of AN's whole tissue sample study is that their own products don't conform to their findings. If you run all of their products, in the amounts suggested by their feed calculator, the resulting blended N-P-K is 1-1-3. A quick look at the graphs and you'll never see the demand for P equal to the demand for N, and the demand for K is never 3x the demand for N (they actually about equal). So there's guys in lab coats formulating things that completely contradict the findings of other guys in lab coats. One has to wonder why. The cynic/skeptic in me says its to separate the consumer from more of their cash. They are in business to make a profit after all.

Starting 2nd attempt at growing indoors after failing due to what I think was leave fungi due to not having exhaust fan on high enough.

Seed into water New Years Eve for 12 hrs, then paper town until firsts signs of root and into party cup with promix.
Broke ground on the 3rd. Will finish in 3 gallon fabric container.

Red Cheese auto, Southern Oregon Seeds, only doing one plant, might try CS for seeds.
Temp 76-78F
RH 45-55%
54W COB at 30"
Promix HP
Tap water now but will start at 1G/gal and increase by 1G every 5-7 days.
Mixed up 6G/gallon will dilute 1:5 then 2:4 etc. How is my math?

My basil likes MC!

I would take your 6g/gallon and dilute 1:6 for seedling. I just dropped seeds on New Years too and thats what I will be diluting to.

I think we all agree that MegaCrop is great. But there’s always room for improvement @GreenleafNutr

I, for one, would like:

1. A better processed product that doesn’t have an inconsistent mixture of balls and powder

2. A hydro version that is buffered around 5.8

If I recall, you are getting one of those requests in the next formulation. The balls will be gone and it will be a 2 part mix.

Cant verify the pH specific hydro version though.

And for the record, there is only 1 instance of the rep showing up here. Consider this thread repless.

2. A hydro version that is buffered around 5.8
What do you think you mean by this statement? hydroponics and buffering are 2 separate concepts. Buffered nutrients are actually not desired since they add in a bunch of non-nutrient and non-fertilizer chemicals into the formulas that work differently depending on your different system, water, etc... In other words, there are drawbacks and work differently in different systems. They are mostly just a (successful apparently) marketing ploy done by Advanced Nutrients which is the same company that is famous for overmarketing and overcharging for a vast product line by chance.

If I recall, you are getting one of those requests in the next formulation. The balls will be gone and it will be a 2 part mix.

Yeah, I saw that. Don’t really need another Jack’s
:rolleyes:

sounds like they're not actually done crafting their formula... I'll stick with GH for now.

Not every experiment needs a side by side to prove effectiveness of a product although I will admit that there is something to the argument that I will never know if I would have been able to achieve the results that I end up with, with just the base MC nutrient. Since there were so many of you on this thread trying to say that the BE was made for previous versions and not to be used with the current version of MC and that the other supplements are not needed, I knew that there would be no lack of people experimenting to see what just plain MC can do. You are my side by side. Not wanting or needing to duplicate your current experiments, I realized I could serve a purpose by doing something that seems to be lacking around here.... trusting the entire product line and the claims made by GLN.

This talk of not trusting GLN because their website is still very cludgy and some links don't come up... that has no actual basis in an analysis of their products. I would rather believe that these folks are gardening and nutrient geeks, not computer geeks... and I forgive them for not having such a smoothly polished website as some of the big guys. I am also intrigued by how many of you buy into the argument that only because they are an evil corporation trying to sell products, they are lying to us... trying to market things that we do not need. This sort of cynicism is common around here, but for a true scientific investigation of a new product, this sort of emotional reaction is not at all helpful.

I am using all of their recommended products, at full strength while using my knowledge of the growth cycle to adjust accordingly. Without emotional cynicism blocking my logic I can clearly see that the the BE product has been adjusted several times, so as to remain compatable with their core product, MC, as it changed. To think that they market these additional products simply for those still using v1 MC, or so as to be able to be compatable with a long time competitor, is laughable. The only product they tried to eliminate is their calmag product... this has been added to the core MC product and you should not need it in most circumstances... I certainly don't. The sweet candy, Sea kelp and Bud Explosion are all additional parts of their product line and are meant for those who want more out of their grows... heavier buds, more trichomes, etc. They clearly tell us that in using these additives there is a point of diminishing returns and that it is up to us to determine the correct dosages to use, depending a lot on the capabilities of our individual garden equipment, all the while knowing that we could get a perfect grow by simply using the MC alone.

So no, prior to this grow I have no experience with MegaCrop. This matters not... I have eyes to examine my plants with and a brain to interpret the results, just as you all do. I find many of your arguments to be emotional, devoid of logic and cynical to anyone trying to run a startup business. I see a lot of you spouting information as if it were the gospel and yet since you have not done the same experiment that I am doing with the additives, many of your arguments are absolutely devoid of experimental data and experience.

I am right now running one of the best looking grows I have seen in years, and it is the Megacrop with its companion products, @Vulx and my great lights making it happen. If you find yourself as a reader of this thread starting to believe those who are trying hard to both support but yet still disparage this GLN company, just look at my grow. Tap water, no pH adjusting and following the directions on the much maligned website... nothing special going on here that you could not do too. Sorry to be so argumentative guys and gals, but I can clearly see and what I see is good. Good luck on your grows everyone. Trust the product. I do.
DSCF7722.JPG

What do you think you mean by this statement? hydroponics and buffering are 2 separate concepts. Buffered nutrients are actually not desired since they add in a bunch of non-nutrient and non-fertilizer chemicals into the formulas that work differently depending on your different system, water, etc... In other words, there are drawbacks and work differently in different systems. They are mostly just a (successful apparently) marketing ploy done by Advanced Nutrients which is the same company that is famous for overmarketing and overcharging for a vast product line by chance.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. What I was looking for is a MegaCrop that would stabilize around 5.8-6.0

Not every experiment needs a side by side to prove effectiveness of a product although I will admit that there is something to the argument that I will never know if I would have been able to achieve the results that I end up with, with just the base MC nutrient. Since there were so many of you on this thread trying to say that the BE was made for previous versions and not to be used with the current version of MC and that the other supplements are not needed, I knew that there would be no lack of people experimenting to see what just plain MC can do. You are my side by side. Not wanting or needing to duplicate your current experiments, I realized I could serve a purpose by doing something that seems to be lacking around here.... trusting the entire product line and the claims made by GLN.

This talk of not trusting GLN because their website is still very cludgy and some links don't come up... that has no actual basis in an analysis of their products. I would rather believe that these folks are gardening and nutrient geeks, not computer geeks... and I forgive them for not having such a smoothly polished website as some of the big guys. I am also intrigued by how many of you buy into the argument that only because they are an evil corporation trying to sell products, they are lying to us... trying to market things that we do not need. This sort of cynicism is common around here, but for a true scientific investigation of a new product, this sort of emotional reaction is not at all helpful.

I am using all of their recommended products, at full strength while using my knowledge of the growth cycle to adjust accordingly. Without emotional cynicism blocking my logic I can clearly see that the the BE product has been adjusted several times, so as to remain compatable with their core product, MC, as it changed. To think that they market these additional products simply for those still using v1 MC, or so as to be able to be compatable with a long time competitor, is laughable. The only product they tried to eliminate is their calmag product... this has been added to the core MC product and you should not need it in most circumstances... I certainly don't. The sweet candy, Sea kelp and Bud Explosion are all additional parts of their product line and are meant for those who want more out of their grows... heavier buds, more trichomes, etc. They clearly tell us that in using these additives there is a point of diminishing returns and that it is up to us to determine the correct dosages to use, depending a lot on the capabilities of our individual garden equipment, all the while knowing that we could get a perfect grow by simply using the MC alone.

So no, prior to this grow I have no experience with MegaCrop. This matters not... I have eyes to examine my plants with and a brain to interpret the results, just as you all do. I find many of your arguments to be emotional, devoid of logic and cynical to anyone trying to run a startup business. I see a lot of you spouting information as if it were the gospel and yet since you have not done the same experiment that I am doing with the additives, and many of your arguments are absolutely devoid of experimental data and experience, not having tried the supplements as I am doing.

I am right now running one of the best looking grows I have seen in years, and it is the Megacrop with its companion products, @Vulx and my great lights making it happen. If you find yourself as a reader of this thread starting to believe those who are trying hard to both support but yet still disparage this GLN company, just look at my grow. Tap water, no pH adjusting and following the directions on the much maligned website... nothing special going on here that you could not do too. Sorry to be so argumentative guys and gals, but I can clearly see and what I see is good. Good luck on your grows everyone. Trust the product. I do.
DSCF7722.JPG

Back
Top Bottom