The Mega Crop Thread

it must have been marketed to those using something besides MC (like someone might buy KoolBloom to supplement their Fox Farm base nutes).

Jacks is one line they are compatible with/targeted for.

your seeing a bit of early cal mag def.
up the mc a gram to a gram and a half as salt says and you should be good. some plants ask for a bit more than others, usually they'll all be within a range though, so you won't be throwing the others in to a tox making this one happy.

oops maybe it was shed lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks all. Yeah, I upped my MC to 4 gr and the spotting stopped on any newer leaves. About this time last grow my girls were in revolt and yellowing like champs. So far so good, all up potted to 5gal successfully and I have been doing some bondage with them. Sorry for the COB pink, but I'm too lazy to go turn them off , lol.
20200105_000122.jpg
20200105_000805.jpg
20200105_000748.jpg

Read pretty much this whole thread and needless to say, i got my free sample (just paid shipping) got a couple plants about 3 weeks into veg but im considering switching up instead of waiting to start something new

Thinking the exact same thing. Is the switch fine for the plants? I'm feeding tmrw

Please keep up the great debate on MC vs MC, SK, SC & BE!

I'll definitely do clones and take part in that study in a few months.

Hey @Dutchman1990 - quick question - am I to assume you are going to lead the charge on this?

Are we going to start a new comparative grow thread? Or just keep using this one? Centralized or dispersed data?

Also, any idea why the GLN team are not interested in the data we are collecting here?

I was surprised to see they were active on another site and not here!

I'm definitely seeing some MC contest winners in the near future!

Thinking the exact same thing. Is the switch fine for the plants? I'm feeding tmrw

switch anytime you like. the plants don't care so long as they get what they need.

Please keep up the great debate on MC vs MC, SK, SC & BE!

I'll definitely do clones and take part in that study in a few months.

Hey @Dutchman1990 - quick question - am I to assume you are going to lead the charge on this?

Are we going to start a new comparative grow thread? Or just keep using this one? Centralized or dispersed data?

Also, any idea why the GLN team are not interested in the data we are collecting here?

I was surprised to see they were active on another site and not here!

I'm definitely seeing some MC contest winners in the near future!
I get most my information about MC from other sites. Not many here have ran start to finish. I see on other sites where they are running all or some of the amendments. I don’t see many grows where they just use the MC without a PK booster in flower.

I get most my information about MC from other sites. Not many here have ran start to finish. I see on other sites where they are running all or some of the amendments. I don’t see many grows where they just use the MC without a PK booster in flower.

One has to keep in mind the maturity levels demonstrated on the other sites. That level holds me back from posting on them.

I've not seen a side by side with clones on any site with MC for one plant and MC plus supplements for the other. Opinions abound, but there's no evidence to back them up.

One has to keep in mind the maturity levels demonstrated on the other sites. That level holds me back from posting on them.

I've not seen a side by side with clones on any site with MC for one plant and MC plus supplements for the other. Opinions abound, but there's no evidence to back them up.
I don’t join I just read. I don’t do drama on these sites. I think it’s childish, adults can’t have a educational conversation without being a d*ck. As far as evidence, I am not one not to believe that just because a side by side grow hasn’t been done, that someone that has experience in growing and knows their plants can’t tell a difference. You read 90% of the stuff here it’s the same info over and over as it should be but now we have a bag fertilizer that everyone believes is the magic NPK from start to finish. This goes against just about everything everyone here learned about different needs at different stages. Is it possible, yes but I don’t believe that it’s a magic fertilizer that needs nothing to unlock it’s potential. I can honestly say I see a difference and I do believe that one of us will get to doing a clone grow and the results will be there. I do stand by it can be used without the added amendments.

think it really depends on how late you come to the party....
a great deal of the supplements were run in earlier versions, and like many nute lines, can be used in a mix and match.

a lot of growers probably also have piles of the earlier version stuff still around. i bought a 10kg bag. enough for a decade at the rate i'm going through it... :p if i bought an earlier version, and gln stopped making a supplement i was dependent on, well i'd have choice words... so they probably still partly produce them to support their entire line.

my take on it is it is billed as one part start to finish, so that is exactly where i'm going. i will at least learn what to expect as a base line. once i've got that down, i'll think about their pk booster (BE ? ). depending on ease of use etc.

i switched at flower on the last run and saw a definite improvement on just the MC alone. i've run the base AN nute trio start to finish on it's own as well. so i know how they compare.

I don’t join I just read. I don’t do drama on these sites. I think it’s childish, adults can’t have a educational conversation without being a d*ck. As far as evidence, I am not one not to believe that just because a side by side grow hasn’t been done, that someone that has experience in growing and knows their plants can’t tell a difference. You read 90% of the stuff here it’s the same info over and over as it should be but now we have a bag fertilizer that everyone believes is the magic NPK from start to finish. This goes against just about everything everyone here learned about different needs at different stages. Is it possible, yes but I don’t believe that it’s a magic fertilizer that needs nothing to unlock it’s potential. I can honestly say I see a difference and I do believe that one of us will get to doing a clone grow and the results will be there. I do stand by it can be used without the added amendments.

i for one, enjoy your input.

i have no issue with differing opinions, and encourage discussion from all angles.
there are many ways to get there.

i would encourage a civil discourse if possible. the line is drawn at personal attacks in my book.

not saying you were on the attack hydro, just making a point :bongrip:

i have no issue with differing opinions, and encourage discussion from all angles.

i would encourage a civil discourse if possible. the line is drawn at personal attacks in my book. :bongrip:
I also ran AN in my DWC. I don’t miss mixing all the bottles I promise. I have enough to make another full run with my AN stuff and will run a side by side with MC when my hydro stuff comes back out.

Attachments

• 44B6E397-E74F-4707-9814-DCC9621C1826.jpeg
    44B6E397-E74F-4707-9814-DCC9621C1826.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 6F6218D0-6100-4E9C-97AA-9C952C64AB69.jpeg
    6F6218D0-6100-4E9C-97AA-9C952C64AB69.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 49

i would encourage a civil discourse if possible. the line is drawn at personal attacks in my book.

not saying you were on the attack hydro, just making a point :bongrip:
I get it. Lol

I also ran AN in my DWC. I don’t miss mixing all the bottles I promise. I have enough to make another full run with my AN stuff and will run a side by side with MC when my hydro stuff comes back out.

did an entire start to finish with what is in the pic

added a bunch of stuff in on other grows and it still just wasn't wowing me

AN works for sure but I do like the ease of MC.

Sure is wowwing me, lol. That's quite a lineup that MC threw out the window.

i added in big bud, voodoo juice, and molasses on subsequent grows. it just didn't do the same in flower as MC alone.
still have enough base trio for about a grow and a half.. trying to figger who i could gift it to :)

AN works for sure but I do like the ease of MC.

Only seven bottles? Wow, you got off easily. Here's my GH ready use locker...

full

General Hydroponics' Products for Bloom

There are another four bottles that I uses to complete my last grow.

Only seven bottles? Wow, you got off easily. Here's my GH ready use locker...

full

General Hydroponics' Products for Bloom

There are another four bottles that I uses to complete my last grow.
Way to much nonsense in most of our storage buckets.

Back
Top Bottom