The Mega Crop Thread

"Hempy" is a style, not a seed,

Before it was called "hempy", it has also been known as Dutch or Bato buckets long before "hempy" started promoting it.

It's a bucket filled with perlite typically (or vermiculite, or a combination of both, or hydroton, or even coco) which has a drain about 2" up from the bottom. This allows for a small pocket of water in the bottom, and tries to mimic nature and a water pocket. You then water the bucket and let it overflow through the pipe a bit, and repeat.

Thank you multVortex now I understand Hempy a lot more.:)

The 500gm will get you well into flower with three plants. Depending on how big you let them get, and how you grow, you may need more to finish your grow. My three in a coco/perlite drain-to-waste grow will need more than double that. I have two medium size plants occupying 2' x 2' (60cm x 60cm) each and a full size indica in a 40" x 40" (100 x 100 cm) tent. They've already gone through more than 900gms, and have about four weeks to go. They need about 15gm/day now, so another 400gm.
I made it through my entire grow with a third of the sample size still left.

This is my second grow on MC. I did not run this one past the 6gm and toast it like the others. Seems happy with the BE.

Attachments

• C4A86F9B-688A-4DC7-9090-24F5FA5556C6.jpeg
    C4A86F9B-688A-4DC7-9090-24F5FA5556C6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • F33B9EF8-2251-47AC-A4C9-03C4435436B3.jpeg
    F33B9EF8-2251-47AC-A4C9-03C4435436B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • EB5448E3-6EF7-413B-B02B-86E41159E1D3.jpeg
    EB5448E3-6EF7-413B-B02B-86E41159E1D3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
these are my plants in flower right now,, in my studio.

the two fronts and mid left are new to flower and have not been harmed by my very recent fert and ph troubles. the others are fine,, real fine even,, but, injured

the front three are healthy, not just from mega crop,, because they are less than a week into mega crop

they are sure happy tho and will flower with mega crop only,, and they will be phenomenal phenos,, indeed

P1170705.JPG

the front two are both a lemon haze/afghani cross,, and the other fresh one mid left is a dr. cbd. there is gonna be some breeding goin on with that one

mid right is a golden tiger cross,, so spicy smelling,, i am dripping with anticipation to have some full on sativa again,, 40 days more or so

back right is an og. kush by a mile the trichomiest plant i have ever grown, and potent on another level

and last back left is a blueberry that i saved from the worst of my messes and it is , tho hurtin, gonna be a beast, biggest plant of mine for sure,, but only till the next comes along.

having a lot of fun with my grow right now. can near see it grow

cheers friends

edit'''ha.. a pic of a bud i early picked, which i recommend doing friends,, whole other topic

my og kush

P1170708.JPG

nuts,,

P1170708 (2).JPG

So what is everyone’s thoughts on using MC bud explosion pk booster and the sweetener along with the main mega crop nutrient? Will I see a significant difference adding the pk booster into the mix or will it not really make much of a difference? ... I remember reading that the main MC lineup was outstanding for seedling and vegetative stage but read it could leave a little to be desired in the flowering stage... is this true? opinions?

the main MC lineup was outstanding for seedling and vegetative stage but read it could leave a little to be desired in the flowering stage... is this true?
There is no MC lineup. MC is one of the products that Greenleaf Nutrients (GLN) sells. It leaves nothing to be desired in the flowering stage, as it has plenty of potassium that the plants need in flower. Anyone who tells you that you need bloom boosters hasn't run clones side-by-side to compare the difference, or if they have, they haven't shown up here yet. That is an experiment we are waiting for.

This is how GLN says it:
It is a truly complete formula, meaning you do not need to have multiple bottles of products and separate supplements and follow complicated feeding charts. Everything is included in one formula for ultimate simplicity in a complete one-part grow formula. If you feel like you need to add some extra product, you can just increase the dosage with MEGA CROP, since it already has everything in it.

They still sell bloom boosters that were designed to run with an older version of MC, because people buy them in an attempt to replicate the NPK ratios from other nutrient manufacturers' lines, or because they want to feel like they are doing something new for flowering (old habits die hard). And since GLN is a for-profit business, they will continue to sell what people buy.

They still sell bloom boosters that were designed to run with an older version of MC

The GLN rep can correct me if I’m wrong, but since the BE was not even needed with MC V1 (In my grows at least), it must have been marketed to those using something besides MC (like someone might buy KoolBloom to supplement their Fox Farm base nutes).

There is no MC lineup. MC is one of the products that Greenleaf Nutrients (GLN) sells. It leaves nothing to be desired in the flowering stage, as it has plenty of potassium that the plants need in flower. Anyone who tells you that you need bloom boosters hasn't run clones side-by-side to compare the difference, or if they have, they haven't shown up here yet. That is an experiment we are waiting for.

This is how GLN says it:
It is a truly complete formula, meaning you do not need to have multiple bottles of products and separate supplements and follow complicated feeding charts. Everything is included in one formula for ultimate simplicity in a complete one-part grow formula. If you feel like you need to add some extra product, you can just increase the dosage with MEGA CROP, since it already has everything in it.

They still sell bloom boosters that were designed to run with an older version of MC, because people buy them in an attempt to replicate the NPK ratios from other nutrient manufacturers' lines, or because they want to feel like they are doing something new for flowering (old habits die hard). And since GLN is a for-profit business, they will continue to sell what people buy.
Ya I meant the Green leaf lineup that carries mega crop, pk booster, and sweet candy. Sorry if my question confused you friend I probably should have worded better. No one ever said I need to run a bloom booster either... I understand that it’s an all in one nutrient and that it will take me from seed to harvest. I don’t remember what article it was but it said that megacrop + bud explosion has the potential to yield heavier denser buds then megacrop alone if you use the combo properly. I was just curious if anyone had any experience using the two? I’d also like to hear anyone’s experiences with Green Leafs sweet candy as well.

Ya I meant the Green leaf lineup that carries mega crop, pk booster, and sweet candy. Sorry if my question confused you friend I probably should have worded better. No one ever said I need to run a bloom booster either... I understand that it’s an all in one nutrient and that it will take me from seed to harvest. I don’t remember what article it was but it said that megacrop + bud explosion has the potential to yield heavier denser buds then megacrop alone if you use the combo properly. I was just curious if anyone had any experience using the two? I’d also like to hear anyone’s experiences with Green Leafs sweet candy as well.
I believe @Emilya is using them in her current grow :)

Actually, I am wrong :rolleyes:

From GLN:
Step 2 – Dialing in your PK boost levels during bloom for maximum yields and resins:

• Once your have achieved proper base nutrient dosage through regulating Nitrogen, then during flowering/blooming phase you can optionally add in PK booster to increase harvest.
  • PK Boosters like Bud Explosion have high amounts of P and K, and 0 (N)itrogen, so you can add them in during flowering without risking changing your plants Nitrogen levels
  • This may take some time, but you can continually increase PK boosters over several harvests to monitor for increase weight and quality. As long as you do not notice plant damage from increasing the dosage, you can experiment by increasing the dosage, and monitoring the final end results/yields.
  • Eventually you will find the dose that maximizes your results/yields, where adding more will not give additional benefit (saturation point).

So what is everyone’s thoughts on using MC bud explosion pk booster and the sweetener along with the main mega crop nutrient? Will I see a significant difference adding the pk booster into the mix or will it not really make much of a difference? ... I remember reading that the main MC lineup was outstanding for seedling and vegetative stage but read it could leave a little to be desired in the flowering stage... is this true? opinions?

This is currently the hotly disputed topic in this thread. There are people using just Mega Crop, and people adding all the supplements. No one has done a true side by side with clones to prove, one way or the other, if the supplements truely provide any benefit. Those who do just Mega Crop have had excellent results. Others who have never run just the base nutrient, and are supplementing, believe the supplements have merit. Choose whichever direction you'd like to explore. All I can say is that I'm somewhere in between, supplementing with a couple products that aren't from Greenleaf, and i've never had better results.

Actually, I am wrong :rolleyes:

From GLN:
Step 2 – Dialing in your PK boost levels during bloom for maximum yields and resins:

• Once your have achieved proper base nutrient dosage through regulating Nitrogen, then during flowering/blooming phase you can optionally add in PK booster to increase harvest.
  • PK Boosters like Bud Explosion have high amounts of P and K, and 0 (N)itrogen, so you can add them in during flowering without risking changing your plants Nitrogen levels
  • This may take some time, but you can continually increase PK boosters over several harvests to monitor for increase weight and quality. As long as you do not notice plant damage from increasing the dosage, you can experiment by increasing the dosage, and monitoring the final end results/yields.
  • Eventually you will find the dose that maximizes your results/yields, where adding more will not give additional benefit (saturation point).
This is exactly what I was referring too. The article stated that their was an optimal ratio of the two that would increase production... I’m assuming it would be tiny increments of the pk booster as the MC already has you covered on everything else... your just giving it a lil something extra.

This is currently the hotly disputed topic in this thread. There are people using just Mega Crop, and people adding all the supplements. No one has done a true side by side with clones to prove, one way or the other, if the supplements truely provide any benefit. Those who do just Mega Crop have had excellent results. Others who have never run just the base nutrient, and are supplementing, believe the supplements have merit. Choose whichever direction you'd like to explore. All I can say is that I'm somewhere in between, supplementing with a couple products that aren't from Greenleaf, and i've never had better results.
Makes sense why I was greeted the way I was then. Haha I had no idea this was even a debate. I got my answer then, thanks everyone.

I'm leary of anything on the Greenleaf site. It's about as poorly maintained as I've seen from reputable business. Look in the "Shop" and the Bud Explosion product. There's 3 different labels. If you can't update a simple image, who's to say what else is incorrect. I've run websites and forums, it's a couple minutes max. If you can't take the time to do that, I'm sure as hell not trusting that their supplement calculator was ever updated from one version of the base nute to the next.

Back
Top Bottom