The Mega Crop Thread

Did any of you that have been with MC since v1 track the changes in the feeding calculator regarding the supplements? I would have to assume that not only did they add the bit about only adding the calmag IF NEEDED when v2 came out, but they also adjusted the recommended dosages. If the supplements are indeed too much for v2 at the recommended rates, then I would expect the smoke to start appearing in my tent as the plants begin to combust. So far nothing... and yes @Hydroholic, I am curious how she describes it too.
The wife says the outer leaves have started to look more vibrant. Her words. And a bunch other photographers language I can’t begin to comprehend.

The plant had kinda stalled out on calyx production. Today I find that there is new growth. I always reduced nitrogen in hydro in bloom and raised PK. With MC you never decrease it so and (I say this as my thoughts,only), I don’t like not increasing PK in flower and this has been my overall concern. Also my last harvest was leafy. It’s my understanding that higher P in flower tells the plant to focus growth at the ends, without the jump in P could it possibly just be adjusted (use) to a higher P number since it’s set from first feeding? I THINK that the plant needs the higher P to maximize flower. I’m not certain yet. Only way is for someone to run clones.
I do think you still get killer plants if you follow the rules using straight MC. I am fortunate enough to be able to throw some extra cash at this stuff just to try. May save others headaches and money. This is my broken thought process in this.
That's cool man, not broken at all, no other way to find out but try things. Ya a real dialled in side by side with a few different strains is what I'd like to see! Hope yours finishes off amazing!

That's cool man, not broken at all, no other way to find out but try things. Ya a real dialled in side by side with a few different strains is what I'd like to see! Hope yours finishes off amazing!
I used this grow to kinda push the numbers and it made me pay. I now have a good idea for this second run, how mega crop max is on the same strain autos. I also don’t begin to believe that 9-6-17 is the perfect NPK for every strain in veg and flower.

Emilya says the proof is in the pudding. I see this change so I’m getting my spoon out to eat.

Attachments

• 18D574EB-58D2-41EB-AF7D-CDAFD65EE247.jpeg
    18D574EB-58D2-41EB-AF7D-CDAFD65EE247.jpeg
    600 KB · Views: 90
Quick update on the 3 babies.. Day 4.. They are under the 400MH now, as the tent is still occupied. Suffering it out at 30 percent humidity but doing ok.. White Rhino in front, Gorilla Zkittlez back left, Pink Kush right.. PKs first leaves look round, like I was saying they came out kinda white and messed up but looks like she will be fine.

All the new calyx growth.
Those cute little sugar balls that grow at the base of nodes? That's not the calyx growth I'm looking for.
The instructions are simple and my grow is the result. Now, lets say that I get through this with great looking plants that indicate to us at least the "boosters" as some people are calling them are not harming the plants, but then the question always comes up to prove the negative... could you have gotten to that finish without the boosters? Shouldn't you grow with just the base product first to see what it alone can do? The world may never know. I leave it to others to prove the negative.
It seems like you are trying to prove that using the GLN supplements according to their website (cal-mag excepted) will not kill your plants. That's fine if you are, but that doesn't leave you with the ability to say that your method is better than using MC alone.

Thousands of thousands of growers have grown very nice plants using Remo, Fox Farms, AN, GH, Dyna-grow, etc. That's great. Are they better than MC? Try MC and see. But for those coming here to find out what MegaCrop can do (this isn't the "GLN line of nutrients" journal), you have no experience. At the end of your grow, all you can say for sure is that you didn't harm your plants using your method and got (hopefully) a very nice harvest. Shout it to the heavens if you like, but it still leaves you with no personal experience with MegaCrop as a nutrient.

PE636 said:

What am I looking at here?
All the new calyx growth.

nuttin wrong with optimism.

:thumb: tho i see nothing 'new' there.

Those cute little sugar balls that grow at the base of nodes? That's not the calyx growth I'm is looking for.

It seems like you are trying to prove that using the GLN supplements according to their website (cal-mag excepted) will not kill your plants. That's fine if you are, but that doesn't leave you with the ability to say that your method is better than using MC alone.

Thousands of thousands of growers have grown very nice plants using Remo, Fox Farms, AN, GH, Dyna-grow, etc. That's great. Are they better than MC? Try MC and see. But for those coming here to find out what MegaCrop can do (this isn't the "GLN line of nutrients" journal), you have no experience. At the end of your grow, all you can say for sure is that you didn't harm your plants using your method and got (hopefully) a very nice harvest. Shout it to the heavens if you like, but it still leaves you with no personal experience with MegaCrop as a nutrient.
lol... you are just trying to argue. I didn't say the method I am using is the best method... it is the recommended method.
And as far as being an expert... I really don't care your opinion of my personal experience, nor do I see that yours is providing you with any profound insights. You toot your horn and I will toot mine, and we will see who gains the most listeners.

Well, I can say one thing about all this horn tooting going on.

I really, really, really need to switch the pup off the ProPlan Sport that is higher protein. Just sayin.

MegaCrop only, start to finish. ProMix HP, tap water, no pH measurement:

full
Am I the only one that wants to roll around on this lawn??? Mebbe take a lil snoozer??

Back
Top Bottom