The Mega Crop Thread

SOLD! Ordered a bag of MC to try out for my lambs breath auto seed dropped in water yesterday.

Thinking about using 50% promix hp, 25% canna coco and 25% perlite as my medium for this one.
Anyone see any issues with this?

Just out of curiosity, why add the peat based Promix HP? Are you trying to retain the moisture in your substrate for less frequent waterings?

right now I am using promix hp and added perlite and my pots are taking 5+ days to dry in veg when feeding only 1 to 1.5litres of water. So because of this I figured adding coco will increase my watering days and promote fasting driving....Id be okay with 3-4 day waterings but 5+ seems excessive.

Edit: my watering days seems to be much longer compare to alot of the threads I read....my conditions are pretty steady right now and I atually have a fan blowing directly at the pots which are also on elevated pans, yet still taking 5+ days to dry. I'm starting to think it might be my light not producing enough power to speed up growth. I'm using a bestva 2000w LED, actual draw 390w.
:lot-o-toke:

Isn't canna coco blend of coco and stuff that isn't coco? As I recall from KingJoe using it, it drains slower than coco and he ended up tossing it and using straight coco (as he had previously).

I ask because mixing substrates makes the first grow in it a test case for watering, pH, runoff, etc. If you are finding HP too dense I would just add perlite and nothing else. At least that way you still have the pH balancing effect intact.

Are you in plastic or cloth pots? I never went 5 days between watering in cloth pots with a full-sized plants.

Im in cloth pots, and yes 5 days seems alot! I've gone 8 days without watering before maybe more!

As for canna coco containing coco and blends of other stuff you are probably correct. I was under the impresssion coco coir is coco coir...guess I need to confuse myself with some more reading :Namaste:

Edit: I thought of throwing coco in there to provide additional drying...but if perlite will do I can most definitely return the expensive cost of canna coco and get more perlite insteAD

I will remind everyone that the pots don't just "dry out" and that when water leaves the system it is only because the plant used up that water. If your container is taking so long to dry as this, I suspect your roots are not very strong at all, probably due to being watered too often. The wet/dry cycle is your friend... every time you starve this weed for water in veg, it just grows more and stronger roots.

off topic post,, kinda. sry 420

i noticed online , shame on me, another site,, mega crop was a sponsor, with an active profile. surely one would be able to get pertinent relevant info direct from the source.

anyone a member?
Im there....but its soooo hateful there.

SOLD! Ordered a bag of MC to try out for my lambs breath auto seed dropped in water yesterday.

Thinking about using 50% promix hp, 25% canna coco and 25% perlite as my medium for this one.
You will have a great medium for the Megacrop! I look forward to seeing your journey.

My only question would be "why?"

They are two different mediums. Either use promix, or coco, but both would be a bit silly.

With the promix hp, you don't need to be near as cognitive of the pH of your input solution as it will buffer it similar to soil. With coco, you need to be very aware and target a specific range. So now you would be trying to mix the two, and shouldn't. Not saying it's impossible, but why may things harder on yourself now or down the road? Either is fine, just pick one or the other. No need to try and be fancy.

I'm using a bestva 2000w LED, actual draw 390w.

BestVA and King LED sell the same products. My first light was the King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light. I was not enough for a 2' X 4' (60 x 120cm) tent, even at full power of 315W. The COBs only occupied a small portion of the light's surface. With four plants in the tent, the two next to the walls produced 40% less than the two closer to the center of the light. The cost for the King X6 is the same as the Mars Hydro SP-250, which is a much better light.

Isn't canna coco blend of coco and stuff that isn't coco? As I recall from KingJoe using it, it drains slower than coco and he ended up tossing it and using straight coco (as he had previously).

What they say about the bricks:
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use.

Washed: Because coco palms grow near and on salt water, coco tissues contain large amounts of ions or salt. Salt can be very detrimental to plants when the occur above certain concentrations even though they generally are considered plant nutrients. In order to make coco suitable as a plant growth medium it needs to be washed. CANNA COCO is washed thoroughly with clean water so there is no need to rinse it yourself.

Buffered: Coco has what is considered a negative CEC (capacity of the substrate to retain and exchange water and nutrients).

The nutrients provided by the grower will be taken up by the medium and will not become available to the plant . This undesired effect must be prevented. In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.

What they say about the bags:
CANNA COCO medium is a pure product with a homogeneous structure and has had a full buffering to prevent that the medium consumes the nutrients, Instead the nutrients are directly available to the plant

CANNA’s buffering process allows us to ‘pre-program’ the medium to a certain age. This ensures you get the same consistent, high quality material time after time.

All I can add is that I've used the bricks exclusively ever since I tried the cheap crap. I've never had a problem with it using the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements, or Mega Crop.

ckua.com just playin the best music today. my studio's best friend,, ckua.com

BestVA and King LED sell the same products. My first light was the King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light. I was not enough for a 2' X 4' (60 x 120cm) tent, even at full power of 315W. The COBs only occupied a small portion of the light's surface. With four plants in the tent, the two next to the walls produced 40% less than the two closer to the center of the light. The cost for the King X6 is the same as the Mars Hydro SP-250, which is a much better light.

I've been hearing lots of Mars Hydro...this may very well be my next investment.

In terms of enough for a tent, how do you really know? the performance of the plants? Currently my only way to determine "enough" is using a light meter providing LUX readings....credits to @GHempster
12" - 78k
18" - 50k
24" - 30k
I know there's probably alot more to determine light quality such as par but I do with what I got on a budget!

As well, I will be returning canna coco to store and picking up more perlite. Excited to see what MC is all about.

Took three plants down last night. Here is one of the Dark Devils.

Attachments

• C86CDE1D-27DE-4157-B24D-3D24ED2AA5CE.jpeg
    C86CDE1D-27DE-4157-B24D-3D24ED2AA5CE.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 96
Plant, Nug, or Photo of the Month contender?
Wife does the pics. She is going to throw them in the hat for photos. She has some really good ones that I wouldn’t post out of respect for her. I may throw it in for plant of the month. The colors are mesmerizing.

This thread is full of so much knowledge I’m dizzy!

tis true

must say i have increased my knowledge on a whole lotto things in just a few days

cheers y'all

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom