The Mega Crop Thread

I'd have to politely disagree only because you'll be putting other nutrients outside of a good window for nutrient uptake, such as iron. Yes you reduce the P uptake but also risk locking out other elements. IMHO.

honestly i'd go back to basics and fast.

drop the additives, up the MC to 6 or 6.5 g / gal, ph to hydro - 5.8 - and watch closely. you'd know in 24hrs if you're getting on the right direction.. only other thing i would add maybe a little cal mag at 1/2 or lower strength if being super cautious. dunno if i'd even do that.

if that doesn't work, at least you'd know you were at a base line and could then chase other causes.

I'd have to politely disagree only because you'll be putting other nutrients outside of a good window for nutrient uptake, such as iron. Yes you reduce the P uptake but also risk locking out other elements. IMHO.

The other two affected elements are boron and manganese. It would take a day or two to see the results, and we'd be moving ahead. I think this would be a minimal change to the current regime.

For my own grows, I happen to be in you and Bluter's corner. Go to straight Mega Crop, and then once the problems were cleared, I could experiment again.

honestly i'd go back to basics and fast.

drop the additives, up the MC to 6 or 6.5 g / gal, ph to hydro - 5.8 - and watch closely. you'd know in 24hrs if you're getting on the right direction.. only other thing i would add maybe a little cal mag at 1/2 or lower strength if being super cautious. dunno if i'd even do that.

if that doesn't work, at least you'd know you were at a base line and could then chase other causes.
^THIS^
:thumb:

That discussion went a bit over my head (lol i am super medicated and realllly tired) but i have decided on a plan of action. I am dropping the pk booster and raising my MC levels. Last nights feed was 4L RO, 4 mls calimagic and 5.5g MC 2.0 at 5.8pH (i always pH everything. I got used to doing it when i grew in dwc and it just takes one factor out of any problems that may arise.) Tomorrow I'll bump the mc up again and see how that goes.
This is my 3rd or fourth grow using MC and i haven't had any real probs. Last harvest was 440g in a 2x5 with 260w of quantum boards. Thats like 1.5+gpw which is the best I've ever been able to get. Got greedy and figured maybe i could push that with some pk boost. I need to remember K.I.S.S works best for me. Lol thanks for all your input. I will let you all know the results of my action plan.

Hey guys, been reading a bit here on megacrop and it's really perk my interest with how easy mixing is. I'm still kinda learning and had a question, if you use mega crop throughout the entire grow and all your doing is increasing and decreasing dosage then how do you control veg and flower npk ratios required for each stage? Or is this one reason mega crop is popular because you dont need to worry about npk with this product?

So any ideas what's going on here? MC at 3 grams 4 weeks in. The only plant showing this. All the other girls seem just fine. All in FFOF and DNC organic soil. It's a DP Auto Mazar.
20200102_013206.jpg
20200102_013215.jpg

Hey guys, been reading a bit here on megacrop and it's really perk my interest with how easy mixing is. I'm still kinda learning and had a question, if you use mega crop throughout the entire grow and all your doing is increasing and decreasing dosage then how do you control veg and flower npk ratios required for each stage? Or is this one reason mega crop is popular because you dont need to worry about npk with this product?
You guessed it. Its the simplicity of the product that people are flocking to. Perhaps looking for it to be a cure all for their grows. Which it is not, and without getting into the "needs" of a plant, Its just a down the midddle formula that works for all phases of the cannabis plants life.

The other nute companies out there are using you as a money siphon with their fancy designer lines with 7 bottles. Take the blindfold off.

I use Mega Crop for two reasons, ease of use, and cost. I traded the 13 bottles of General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements for a one part dry nutrient system, good from seed to harvest. With coco/perlite, and LED lights I needed a little extra cal/mag, at a rate of 1ml per 10-15gm Mega Crop. Some folks don't need the extra, some need more and add ProTeKt to keep the proper nutrient balance. The cost is less than just the amount of General Hydroponics' Flora Bloom I was using before. My grows now cost about 70% less. Others that were using more expensive nutrient lines are saving much more.

So any ideas what's going on here? MC at 3 grams 4 weeks in. The only plant showing this. All the other girls seem just fine. All in FFOF and DNC organic soil. It's a DP Auto Mazar.
20200102_013206.jpg
20200102_013215.jpg

your seeing a bit of early cal mag def.
up the mc a gram to a gram and a half as salt says and you should be good. some plants ask for a bit more than others, usually they'll all be within a range though, so you won't be throwing the others in to a tox making this one happy.

oops maybe it was shed lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I use Mega Crop for two reasons, ease of use, and cost. I traded the 13 bottles of General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements for a one part dry nutrient system, good from seed to harvest. With coco/perlite, and LED lights I needed a little extra cal/mag, at a rate of 1ml per 10-15gm Mega Crop. Some folks don't need the extra, some need more and add ProTeKt to keep the proper nutrient balance. The cost is less than just the amount of General Hydroponics' Flora Bloom I was using before. My grows now cost about 70% less. Others that were using more expensive nutrient lines are saving much more.
Has this resulted in bigger more potent yields as well? I'm so intrigued by MC. All my learnings of npk over the holidays now feels a little redundant with this.

Has this resulted in bigger more potent yields as well? I'm so intrigued by MC. All my learnings of npk over the holidays now feels a little redundant with this.

The nutrient knowledge won't go to waste, especially if you start adding supplements.

I won't know if I'll get larger or more potent yields, as this is my first grow with Mega Crop. I don't think I will, as the plants don't care what the source of their nutrients is, as long as they get them in the quantity, ratio, and form required.

I switched to Mega Crop to get myself out of the lab, freeing me from mixing many bottles, and its lower cost. It does both of these well. I don't think its better or worse than the General Hydroponics Flora Trio and supplements I previously used. It's a simpler, more cost effective system if you stick to the basics.

Dropping in to say hello everyone, haven't been by this thread in a long time!

Couldn't be more pleased with the ease of MegaCrop through my latest grow. Here's a shot of Zkittlez on December 17th

I'd be closer to 4 or 4.5g at that stage on an autoflower. Could be the cause. I'm at 3grams/gallon on my 18 day old photo babies and they'll be at 4g next watering. On an autoflower I move even faster.

Once again, Shed's right.

My autos got fed like this, and didn't skip a beat:

Day of Life for AutoFlowerGrams per Gallon
1 through 61
7 through 122
13 through 183
19 through 244
25 through 30*5
31+6

*Typically they're starting flower at the 1 month mark, give or take. I'll hold at 5g/gallon until flowers start forming, or the plants want more. That's the real key to MegaCrop. Read your plants and see if they want more.

Doing my first run of photos after switching to MegaCrop, and I'll get them to 4g/gal in veg, then about a week before I flip I'll up to 5g/gal, and let them stretch on that before upping to 6g/gal. This is provided they don't ask for more, and if they do I will bump the feed up.

off topic post,, kinda. sry 420

i noticed online , shame on me, another site,, mega crop was a sponsor, with an active profile. surely one would be able to get pertinent relevant info direct from the source.

anyone a member?

Is this formula for days in flower? Can this formula be used with happy frog soil?

That's @farside05's schedule, and it's from day of life, not flower.

Effectively you start at 1g/gal, and up the feed every 5 days.

It's what I have been following with MC and it's pretty spot on for the timeline. For my autos, I've followed it pretty much to the day. For my photos, I'll be holding at the 4g/gal for veg (unless they want more) and hit 5g/gal for a week before flip through the stretch. Then up it to 6g/gal from the end of stretch onward. (Again, unless the plants want more.)

Doesn't happy frog have some initial nutes in it, or is that one of the Fox Farm one's? If it does, let the plants eat those up before starting MC. Then find what day they are on, and start there.

In general, MegaCrop can be used in any medium. I'm using it in promix (w/ autos), RDWC (some photos), and just started a hempy/dutch bucket grow. The only exception (that I'm aware of) is a Living Organic Soil grow, and MC isn't for that.

SOLD! Ordered a bag of MC to try out for my lambs breath auto seed dropped in water yesterday.

Thinking about using 50% promix hp, 25% canna coco and 25% perlite as my medium for this one.
Anyone see any issues with this?

Back
Top Bottom