Does it coincide with the transition to the new software? We only had likes before the switch.

Does it coincide with the transition to the new software? We only had likes before the switch.
Im not sure. I didnt know we got new software. Its random. Its on a lot of older posts and I was thinking maybe the stoner Gee was just forgetting or missing the odd like but it was a little too often. Then I just noticed it again on Azi's last post which I know I liked the other day, but it was unliked. I do travel a lot so maybe some wifi's dont communicate it through to the server perhaps?

Day 33
20230915_191130.jpg

20230915_191242.jpg

First day under the new light in the 5 x 5. It's a Spiderfarmer SE 1000. I grabbed the UV/IR add-on bar as well. I have it set to 50% power and 15 minutes of UV midway through the 18/6 cycle.
20230915_191258.jpg

Plant #1

20230915_191303.jpg

Plant #2.

20230915_191309.jpg

Plant #3

20230915_191333.jpg
Plant #4.

Tomorrow pruning and training begins. 23 days til flower. They will also get their 1st tea tomorrow. Just food, no microbes yet. Next week it will be an EWC tea.

I'm lazy and my next grow will probably be 1 plant in a 40 gallon pot, so unless someone wants me to try some kind of cloning trial, the worms get all the trimmings, and there will be a lot coming off.

Lol! :laughtwo:

I read the first part and ... say what? ... 21%? :hmmmm:

Messed up indeed. But they look great anyway!

Lol! :laughtwo:

I read the first part and ... say what? ... 21%? :hmmmm:

Messed up indeed. But they look great anyway!
Lol they are resilient plants.

That's the perfect green to go with the perfect brix Gee. It's lovely to see them growing up.
Thanks Carmen. It's nice to be growing conventionally again. Swicking was fun but I need a nice normal run.

How 'bout you? Feels good doesn't it?

Lol they are resilient plants.

Thanks Carmen. It's nice to be growing conventionally again. Swicking was fun but I need a nice normal run.

How 'bout you? Feels good doesn't it?
Yes it does, although I am bottom watering my seedlings until the roots have become more established. A wick is a nice easy way to get moisture into that soil. They are not on a reservoir. I put a bit of water into the saucer at a time and let them wick that up. I look forward to getting them into bigger pots.

Yes it does, although I am bottom watering my seedlings until the roots have become more established. A wick is a nice easy way to get moisture into that soil. They are not on a reservoir. I put a bit of water into the saucer at a time and let them wick that up. I look forward to getting them into bigger pots.
I too found that wicking the seedlings worked very well. They transplanted into conventionally potted plants and everything was going really nicely until my light crapped the bed and the Thrips moved in.

I'm all the way back to what works best for me this grow, and that is sprouting directly into the final flower pots, but sometimes you need to start seedlings in a smaller place and those will be wicked.

Right now I have the 6 Bhai Bhai's in solos and have top watered them. At 12 days old they really suck compared to wicked ones.

I too found that wicking the seedlings worked very well. They transplanted into conventionally potted plants and everything was going really nicely until my light crapped the bed and the Thrips moved in.
That was a run of bad luck!
I'm all the way back to what works best for me this grow, and that is sprouting directly into the final flower pots, but sometimes you need to start seedlings in a smaller place and those will be wicked.

Right now I have the 6 Bhai Bhai's in solos and have top watered them. At 12 days old they really suck compared to wicked ones.
This is good to know, thanks.

so unless someone wants me to try some kind of cloning trial, the worms get all the trimmings
Did you ever try duplicating my perlite cloning process? I only mist them a couple of times a day but given your humidity levels you might need to do so more often. :hmmmm:

Did you ever try duplicating my perlite cloning process? I only mist them a couple of times a day but given your humidity levels you might need to do so more often. :hmmmm:
No, and it intrigues me. Can you give me a full rundown? I was thinking a tub of pre- soaked perlite and a lid with holes cut into it that fit the neoprene pucks from my cloner.

Do you think that would work? maybe a couple extra holes for air flow?

My setup is dead simple. One 16oz Solo cup, with drainage holes down low, per 4-5 cuts . No collars, I just stick the cuttings directly into the perlite, though mine are smaller cuttings than your's are, to be sure. Mine are about 4-5" tall with all but the top cluster of leaves/nodes removed which allows me to jam a bunch into a small space.

Then they are just out in the open but off to the side with ambient light, nothing direct.

I'm currently trying some hibiscus 🌺 in the cups and, assuming that goes well, I'll try it on some outdoor plants next season like ground covers and blueberries and such.

Day 33
20230915_191242.jpg

Day 34
20230916_091231.jpg

The light is set to 40% and 48" above the canopy. 22 days to flip.

@Graytail you have had a lot of experience in actual brix circles, I have been on an island of one. When I pruned them 3 had leaf brix readings of 12, 1 of 17. It was plant number 3.

After all the work was done I grabbed a limb from the pile, popped off the top, and it brixed at 25 from the main stalk.

I have no idea which plant it came from but I have never brixed the main stalk of a limb before. Is a reading that high normal for the main stalks?

Screenshot_20230916_090621_Gallery.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture but you can see the line just above 25 if you zoom in and 30 is definitely in the dark zone so you have that for reference. Its hard to get a pic from a refractometer. Any tips on that one?

Hmm.

I never tested a stalk, or even stem, for that matter, so ... no data for you there. I'd be naturally suspicious.

I can say that I frequently tested wads numerous times, rerolling and re-squishing the same wad, and I would find that the reading was consistently higher on each successive squish. It was never lower. So I was left wondering what a true result should be. The first one? The last one? :hmmmm: Some would stay the same on the 2nd squish, most would rise a point or two. I reasoned that each squish had less fluid so the ratio of solids would naturally rise, and so the best measure would be when the solid/fluid ratio was fresh and undisturbed. I never did compare to a mortar/pestle process which would be the best standard, but that's just a lot of extra work.

So, it's back to whatever standard you use to test. In this case, it's from a part of that plant that had been severed for ... awhile? ... how long? It could be that, it could be a reaction to the trauma? And I've tested petioles, but not stems/stalks, so I wouldn't know what to expect. I think I remember that the reading you will get rises as the severed part ages over 10-15 minutes. I was careful not to let a sample sit there without testing it.

Hmm.

I never tested a stalk, or even stem, for that matter, so ... no data for you there. I'd be naturally suspicious.

I can say that I frequently tested wads numerous times, rerolling and re-squishing the same wad, and I would find that the reading was consistently higher on each successive squish. It was never lower. So I was left wondering what a true result should be. The first one? The last one? :hmmmm: Some would stay the same on the 2nd squish, most would rise a point or two. I reasoned that each squish had less fluid so the ratio of solids would naturally rise, and so the best measure would be when the solid/fluid ratio was fresh and undisturbed. I never did compare to a mortar/pestle process which would be the best standard, but that's just a lot of extra work.

So, it's back to whatever standard you use to test. In this case, it's from a part of that plant that had been severed for ... awhile? ... how long? It could be that, it could be a reaction to the trauma? And I've tested petioles, but not stems/stalks, so I wouldn't know what to expect. I think I remember that the reading you will get rises as the severed part ages over 10-15 minutes. I was careful not to let a sample sit there without testing it.
Good stuff. I have always tested one squeeze, and these sat for 15-45 minutes but mostly I would suspect its the combimed excess exudates from the leaves being sent down to the roots for the microbes/fungii. It was abnormally high to say the least.

I squeezed it 3 times, each the next inch of stalk and they all tested the same. Interesting to say the least, but I track leaf brix so Im not putting any merit into an abnormal reading like that.

I find the one reading 17 much more intriguing. I have read that some phenos are much more capable of making sugar so I would guess that is one.

Plant #3 is a more delicate looking pheno so it is different.

Back
Top Bottom