1695081835157.jpg

20 days until flower.

A remote view of the grow while I enjoy the hippy life from an undisclosed island off the west coast of British Columbia.

Each top is actually 2.

When I get home there will be more training for the gals.

The canopy is coming in nicely.
I'm looking forward to watching these beauties Gee!

Enjoy being a hippy! Your pics of the manifold are nice and clear. The plants look so healthy.
Thanks Carmen. They seem to really be digging the extra calcium. The green is a little more vibrant than usual for this strain.

Maybe I have been starving them a bit on nitrogen the whole time. Usually when I do the 1st defoliation, which is pretty drastic for the plant, I get some red in the petioles, but none this time.

They seem very stress free.

Thanks again, hope I’m allowed to disagree, lol!
New kid, just arriving in town, and already argumentative.... 🙄

:laughtwo:

What is the reason/advantage/reason for the choice to generate all the tops from the same node? Never seen that.
Below is a post I did when I was trying to understand some of the various training methods. Not exactly to your question but some history so, there's that...

Are mainlining, manifolding and fluxing the same thing, just some call them different names for essentially the same thing? Or are there material differences?

Ok. Did a bit of reading and answered my own question.

Seems like Mainlining was first, started by a grower named Nugbuckets. His technique was to top the plant producing two opposite branches. Then he topped those two to produce four, and topped the four to produce eight colas. Each cola is the same distance from the roots in this method.

Then, a grower named Nebula Haze took that idea and eliminated the additional toppings and just let the original two branches grow and used the side branching to make up her eight branches, claiming to have saved a bit of veg time in the process with no loss of yield. This was termed "Manifolding."

Then @Light Addict came up with his more elaborate, and time consuming, training more along the lines of the second version, but focuses more on creating many, many more tops than the eight found in either of the two prior versions, with a bit of weaving of stems along the way. LA calls this technique "Fluxing".

And from there we now have @Asesino85 's quadlining version which tops but leaves four branches to grow instead of two, shortening veg time even further and producing a very symmetrical plant.

I think I have my history right but am happy to be corrected if anything is not accurate or complete.

Hey Gee, maybe you can help me with this. I’m growing two Green Crack in the same soil (basically the Rev’s base mix) under identical lights. The leaves on one are a much lighter shade of green & none of her pistils are changing color. On both plants the older fans are starting to die, but I think that’s normal. In the pictures they’re on about day 21 of flower. I think it’s important to note that the girl in question is either root bound or her soil is water phobic - takes me about 5 minutes to give her the first quart. Specifically, the water sits on top of the soil & is absorbed very slowly. They’re in 10 gallon containers with 4 flower spikes in each container & I’ve been giving them cal/mag once weekly. Here are pics to compare. Hope you’ve enjoyed your time away…
IMG_3456.jpeg
IMG_3455.jpeg

I know what you mean about water phobic. I have seen it in my tent before for no apparent reason.

Try a full pot drench in a bigger tub of water. Be ready, a 10gal pot will weigh about 75 pounds fully drenched. I put my pots into milk crates solely to be able to root drench them.

Then let it drip out and give it a nice even full watering of mid strength calmag. You may see a nitro rush as the soil is likely very tight and locking out nitrogen a bit, and then keep it a bit wetter, not heavily wet, but that nice dampness you get shortly after watering, keep it that way for a full day, and see if it rehydrates properly.

Sometimes it takes 2 root drenches. After the 1st one squish the pot a bit and if its still lumpy and chunky feeling give it a 2nd drench a day or 2 later.

Then get some fish ferts in to calm her down after the full soaking. If you have any ewc then a nice 1/4 inch layer across the whole surface will help moving forwards.

I usually give all my plants at least a couple root drenches every grow. All plants aren't the same but we tend to water them all the same, which over time can lead to differences from pot to pot.

A full root drench is far gentler than watering way past runoff to rehydrate the rootball, and usually 3 or 4 days later you will see a ton of white root tips bursting out all over the pot walls.

If she is due for a tea or a feed, right after a full soaking is a pretty effective time.

You may see some stress as in curled leaf tips, or burnt leaf tips, so don't feed or tea for at least a few days until you see how the drench went. Fish ferts will calm that stress moving forwards but burnt or curled tips rarely disappear.

Warning though, if nutes are locked and you fix it, you will get a big rush, so the chances of tip burn and curled leaves from temporary nitrogen toxicity are real.

Keep us posted. Nice plants BTW!❤️ I should have lead with that!👊

Why, Gee?

Even in flower? Aren't they usually high in N?
Yes, I’d also like to know both why and what you use to root drench. I have some FF Root Drench I was considering using in the Geo plants. Would that be problematic?

Day 38
Screenshot_20230920_091953_EZVIZ.jpg

The manifolding appears to be coming along nicely. In a couple more days I will be home and I can start to train the 8 final tops on each plant into position. Still at least 18 more days until flip so it should work out right on schedule.
I guess I don’t really understand the concept of manifolding. All the middle stays clean and you max the eight tops? Thank you.

Yes, I’d also like to know both why and what you use to root drench. I have some FF Root Drench I was considering using in the Geo plants. Would that be problematic?
I just use plain RO water. After a really good soaking I normally let them drip off, and then hit them with a dose of fish ferts at the very least, and if I am going to add a tea then now is the time for that too.

When the pot is fully saturated and barely dripped off, adding more liquid up top allows it to disperse better when everything is wet and as it drips to a stop oxygen gets pulled in up top with the fish and or tea.

If I am adding a myco solution I would add it after a full root soaking too. I use a 100 litre tote to set my pots into for the root dunk.

I usually let them sit fully submerged for about 30 minutes.

I guess I don’t really understand the concept of manifolding. All the middle stays clean and you max the eight tops? Thank you.
Exactly Jon. It allows equal energy to the 8 tops (or 4 or 2 or 16, depending on how many you choose) because it is done from an immature unstaggered lower node.

The technique was created using the 3rd node as a starting point.

You top it above the 3rd node and 2 equal and level tops grow. Then above the 1st node of each of those 2 tops you top again. Now you have 4 tops but still immature, level, and unstaggered. Then I top each of the 4 above each tops 1st node to now have 8 tops, all level, immature, and unstaggered.

I stop there as I like to have 4 plants in my 5 x 5 tent so 32 main colas is enough for me.

20230922_141900.jpg

Here they are on day 40 after a brutal pruning of both the 1st node branches and the 2nd node branches and only leaving the 3rd node branches that were each topped twice giving 8 tops in total per plant.

I don't flower from seed before day 56 of veg so they will fill in a lot more. I just turned the light from 40% to 60% and the tops are still 42" from the light so they will steadily get driven harder as I near flower.

20230922_141723.jpg
20230922_141718.jpg
20230922_141700.jpg
20230922_141651.jpg

Here are the 4 individual gals

20230922_141634.jpg
20230922_141629.jpg

Some closer-ups. In a couple or 3 more days the final 8 tops will be longer and can be trained into better symmetry

20230922_141606.jpg

a 45 degree angle shot

20230922_141828.jpg

Here you can see that the canopy isn't perfectly level yet, but I still have at least 16 days and 30 inches of head room to play with. Its still a race as 30 inches isn't much. Stretch will eat it all up, but by training horizontally I can flex an inch down here and there throughout the layers to keep it in check.

Each main cola will still need a bit of lollipopping around stretch as I don't like growing larf.

It's hard to not run out of nutes in a 10gal pot so I want to save the food for the top 16 inches of the canopy.

The worms love lollipop day😎

Also just so you all know, our family experienced a big loss recently and we are all good, but not ourselves. We are on the mend but if I have missed any posts or if anyone feels I may have sounded short or have not replied to questions or comments I sincerely apologize. It's been a very hard stretch but like I said, we are on the mend so again, Sorry if I missed anything.

Also just so you all know, our family experienced a big loss recently and we are all good, but not ourselves. We are on the mend but if I have missed any posts or if anyone feels I may have sounded short or have not replied to questions or comments I sincerely apologize. It's been a very hard stretch but like I said, we are on the mend so again, Sorry if I missed anything.
My condolences Gee :love:

No apologies necessary Gee. Keep on mending…

Back
Top Bottom