Some random outdoor shots in some cool evening skies.

20241006_174717.jpg

20241006_174758.jpg

20241006_174731.jpg

20241006_174907.jpg

20241006_174825.jpg

20241006_174809.jpg

20241006_174632.jpg

20241006_174614.jpg

20241006_174601.jpg

20241006_174539.jpg

and a bug.
Maybe I would like to be your neighbor…

the Sour Diesel has seeds. There are 5 plants in the flower room. None of the other 3 have seeds - 2 of them are autos & supposedly finishing up. That leaves just the Green Crack for me to worry about. If it’s a pollination thing, why isn’t the Green Crack seeding? If it’s a hermaphrodite, why no nanners or balls? I’m pretty confused. I’ve noticed one of the girls foxtailing @ I’m seeing the beginnings of calyx towers. I don’t really want to Chuck the plants & at this point, there’s no more damage to be done anyway. There’s gotta be something about the environment - this is the third time it’s happened. I might have to shut down & start over…
IMG_5275.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5269.jpeg

Mine says the same. The app I use is called "VPD Calculator" by cannafused life at the Google Play Store.

I think they should all work, they likely use the exact same formula.

If you are at 1.23 you have room to improve but not drastically. You're in a fairly good spot but if your PPFD meter says you can safely turn the light up a bit, a 1 degree increase in leaf temps would give you a 1.35 which is really close to optimal.

A 2 degree increase in leaf temps would be bang on at 1.46 but make sure your plants can handle that much light 1st.

Check the PPFD before you try increasing it.

1.46 is almost dangerous, personally I try not to go over 1.40 for extended periods.
Great, I just needed to check to get any doubt out my head 😂, thanks @Gee64 👍
And yeah I still haven’t calibrated the app to my light yet, I’m finding it hard tbh cos me lights on is back to front from what it usually is, they come on late and im pretty much knackered 😂
I will try tonight, thanks mate
:thanks: :thumb:

the Sour Diesel has seeds. There are 5 plants in the flower room. None of the other 3 have seeds - 2 of them are autos & supposedly finishing up. That leaves just the Green Crack for me to worry about. If it’s a pollination thing, why isn’t the Green Crack seeding? If it’s a hermaphrodite, why no nanners or balls? I’m pretty confused. I’ve noticed one of the girls foxtailing @ I’m seeing the beginnings of calyx towers. I don’t really want to Chuck the plants & at this point, there’s no more damage to be done anyway. There’s gotta be something about the environment - this is the third time it’s happened. I might have to shut down & start over…
IMG_5275.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5269.jpeg
Any chance a neighbors outdoor grow is pollinating? I made seeds in the back yard once and my indoor tent ended up pregnant.

I'm not a light expert by any means, but dli is a valuable tool. In my mind its should actually be LLI, Lifetime Light Integral. Then divide the amount of light a plant uses in it's lifetime into daily amounts.

By that math, autos at 90 days of life require far more light on a daily basis than photo's on a 120 day lifespan would require, if your goal was to give both the auto and the photo the same amount of light over it's lifetime.

Now that's just Gee Theory, but autos at 1150PPFD vs photo's at 950PPFD get about 15% more light on a daily basis and live 25% less, so it gets pretty close.

Auto's still use more on a daily basis but they get 18 hour days so if you break it down into 90 days at 18 hours light for autos, vs 28 days at 16 hours, 28 days at 18 hours, and 70 days at 12 hours for photo's, photos get 10% more light if PPFD is the same, so if you up autos 10% in light intensity then it works out to the same over each plants lifetime.

So 1000 PPFD on a photo really is equal to 1100PPFD on an auto. Give or take a bit, but in general it makes sense that autos can handle more light.

Then toss in different tolerances for different strains and 1150 PPFD makes total acceptable sense.

The real question is did Gee Theory make sense?🤣🤣🤣
I'm not sure Gee, the DLI recommended for autos is different than for photos. This Cream Mandarin auto is a particular light hog in my experience. Others have not tolerated this much light. I just don't want foxtails etc.

This is for autos
1728320764769.png

This is for photos
1728320919791.png

Any chance a neighbors outdoor grow is pollinating? I made seeds in the back yard once and my indoor tent ended up pregnant.
I’ve wondered that myself. Not out of the realm of possibility, but I don’t believe anyone in the near vicinity is growing…

I'm not sure Gee, the DLI recommended for autos is different than for photos. This Cream Mandarin auto is a particular light hog in my experience. Others have not tolerated this much light. I just don't want foxtails etc.

This is for autos
1728320764769.png

This is for photos
1728320919791.png
Thanks for sharing this Carmen!

Hi Rob. So 3 clean and 2 with seed. This is the 3rd time it happened. I'm leaning to your thought of environment. They in a tent yes? What other equipment is in there with a light on it when it runs or when it's off you mat have missed? Are the seeded plants always in the same floor position?

Back
Top Bottom