Because @Gee64 said to put it in there, chicken curry, it helps with aeration and promotes fungi growth, hopefully the good kinds 😂 (also Gee told me it should go in there).
Myco loves rice, it's a great carb for the fungii. Dry uncooked basmati seems to work the best. Try to find organic basmati if possible.

A couple of years back a few growers tried various microbe solutions as a foliar to prevent PM, bud rot, etc. I think @Bode might still use JMS with success, and @Danishoes21 used a willow leaf extract to great effect.
Hi @Azimuth , and thank you
That willow leaf one sounds really good don’t it 👊 I’m a bit list getting the Willow leafs thou lol
But I think I may be able to manage the jms , I’m on it mate lol, it’s my bigger plants I’m more concerned about, don’t want them going the same way, thank you mate
:thanks: :thumb:

Hi @Azimuth , and thank you
That willow leaf one sounds really good don’t it 👊 I’m a bit list getting the Willow leafs thou lol
But I think I may be able to manage the jms , I’m on it mate lol, it’s my bigger plants I’m more concerned about, don’t want them going the same way, thank you mate
:thanks: :thumb:
Dani thought it was the salicylic acid in the willow leaves that was the magic. You know what else has salicylic acid in it? That's right, aloe.

I'm thinking @Gee64 's plants that he thinks will finish sometime after Christmas would be a good test if an outdoor, aloe foliar would be able to ward off mold and bud rot. He's just planning to feed them to the worms anyway so, no harm, no foul!

Aloe's even edible so ingesting some when smoked wouldn't likely be the end of the world. Might even give you some benefits like taking aspirin. :laughtwo:

LAB also holds some promise as those are pretty competitive microbes.

Dani thought it was the salicylic acid in the willow leaves that was the magic. You know what else has salicylic acid in it? That's right, aloe.

I'm thinking @Gee64 's plants that he thinks will finish sometime after Christmas would be a good test if an outdoor, aloe foliar would be able to ward off mold and bud rot. He's just planning to feed them to the worms anyway so, no harm, no foul!

Aloe's even edible so ingesting some when smoked wouldn't likely be the end of the world. Might even give you some benefits like taking aspirin. :laughtwo:

LAB also holds some promise as those are pretty competitive microbes.
It's really dry here in the desert. PM and bud rot are pretty non-existent, so I'm probably not the best candidate to try this. @StoneOtter may be a good candidate tho.

It's really dry here in the desert. PM and bud rot are pretty non-existent, so I'm probably not the best candidate to try this. @StoneOtter may be a good candidate tho.
I've tried LAB and JMS and BT. I hate to say it but they all seem to work about the same in my yard. Last year I gave them one shot of BT and let it go. The rot was the same as if I worked all season to thwart it. This year it's Beauveria Bassiana and it's early but rot's the same or maybe a little better for me. I may be getting an attitude of finding it super early visually and removing it before it takes hold and spreads? I don't know, this may be a thing we fight like a street fighter, every which way we can!

Miss Sticky - Day 9 of Flower.
20241001_160659.jpg

She is really stretching now. Yesterdays PPFD was a typo. It should have read 875-905. Today she is peaking at 950 PPFd.

20241001_160720.jpg

She has a great build. I suspect untopped she would be a really tall pheno.

20241001_160742.jpg

Some cola shots.

20241001_160751.jpg

20241001_160756.jpg

20241001_160759.jpg

20241001_160731.jpg

The tops are becoming budlets🥰.

20241001_160845.jpg

The veg tent.

20241001_160828.jpg

Miss Sticky aloe - Day 6 in soil.

20241001_160831.jpg

Miss Sticky non-aloe.

Myco loves rice, it's a great carb for the fungii. Dry uncooked basmati seems to work the best. Try to find organic basmati if possible.
Haha the organic section is fairly small in my grocery store but they had organic basmati rice. No sense getting non organic, like my dad always says if it's a job worth doing then you better do it perfect 🤣.

Miss Sticky - Day 9 of Flower.
20241001_160659.jpg

She is really stretching now. Yesterdays PPFD was a typo. It should have read 875-905. Today she is peaking at 950 PPFd.

20241001_160720.jpg

She has a great build. I suspect untopped she would be a really tall pheno.

20241001_160742.jpg

Some cola shots.

20241001_160751.jpg

20241001_160756.jpg

20241001_160759.jpg

20241001_160731.jpg

The tops are becoming budlets🥰.

20241001_160845.jpg

The veg tent.

20241001_160828.jpg

Miss Sticky aloe - Day 6 in soil.

20241001_160831.jpg

Miss Sticky non-aloe.
Dang now I gotta get a worm farm and an aloe farm? Haha this organic stuff is getting expensive 😂. They look awesome and vibrant. How long until the clones Brix will pick up? I figure while building roots photosynthesis takes a back seat.

Haha the organic section is fairly small in my grocery store but they had organic basmati rice. No sense getting non organic, like my dad always says if it's a job worth doing then you better do it perfect 🤣.
Lol Dad is a smart guy. You only get to put it in once so it's not the place to scrimp.
Dang now I gotta get a worm farm and an aloe farm? Haha this organic stuff is getting expensive 😂.
Gotta teach the worms to farm the aloe🤣
They look awesome and vibrant. How long until the clones Brix will pick up? I figure while building roots photosynthesis takes a back seat.
They need all their leaves right now so I won't brix the leaves for awhile but tomorrow when I top them I'll brix the tops. Hopefully it will be enough to get some sap out of.

And your right, they need roots to spread exudates to prime it all up so I have to be patient.

This strain isn't as good of a rooter as RVDV was so brix may not be as high, and it may be a slower climb.

It's a classic sativa tho, you can see the sword shaped buds already coming in🥰😍. I think it will be worth the wait and she loves hot soil, so once she roots she should be a real pig.

I love heavy feeding sativas, they are what I pheno hunt for. I like plants I can push hard.

If she flowers as good as I think she will, I'll likely grow a few pounds before I get rid of her.

The aloe has given her a better color. It's hard to distinguish in the pictures, but she's brighter than non-aloe. It would be really cool if she brixxed higher too.

Because these TMSC strains are either landraces or landrace hybrids, the pheno's vary wildly.

Most seem pretty finicky which is common with landraces, but so far I have gotten 2 excellent keepers from 1 seed order. That's really rare with landraces. Sometimes it takes dozens of seeds to get a hit.

I still have a bunch of Iklwa and Wild Lady to sort thru, plus Matt comped me some Malawi regs too, so there's still hope ahead. I'm saving Wild Lady for last so I can really figure them all out before I plant the last of them.

This pheno of Miss Sticky has wider leaf blades than most landrace sativas, very similar to Durban Poison. I hope she's a good one🤞. The potential is there.😎

Hopefully the LC-18's will come around, but I think only Little LC will amount to a keeper. She is starting to dig in to her hot soil. Her newest leaves have turned a brighter green. She's a round bushy ball, defying her manifold shape.

Can't win them all, but if I get one decent LC then thats 3 good ones😊.

All that being said, RVDV was a real bitch to get growing but after I cut some clones and grew them in lighter Gaia mix they brixxed right up high. She will never have super dense nugs, but she sure produces a lot of fluffy long-haired buds that add up in weight, and she's gorgeous, so there's still hope for the LC's if I can get them to a good place to cut some clones. Maybe a 4th hides in there😊.

It's a ton of fun sorting thru these wild africans.

That's my ramble for the day🤣.

Back
Top Bottom