Wood Brothers
I like Rock mostly but lately have been into folk and blues music
Any genre is good if the band brings their "A" game.

My wife once won a radio contest and we got to sit onstage with VanHalen.

That was pretty cool.

Got some autographs, guitar picks, etc.. Sammy danced with my wife. It was cool.
She was boogying on the Jumbotron.

His tequila was freely flowing... Its pretty good😎.

Tonight the clones go to 12/12.
20230305_053128.jpg

One 1.66gal is15" from the soil line.

20230305_053139.jpg

The other is 16".

20230305_053155.jpg

And the 10gal is 24".

20230305_053202.jpg
20230305_053207.jpg

20230305_053215.jpg

20230305_053226.jpg

The 2 remaining solo cups from the 12/12 experiment are hungry and about to get dissected.

When I split the top the plant didn't notice at all but I taped it immediately.

The other 2 happened overnight in a storm, and in the morning I found them.

One was a little wilty and as I was taping it up I noticed one other split but not as bad.

The wilty one recovered that day.

The branch that broke right off was barely hanging by one thread of epidermis and I thought "Well this is a goner but...lets see."

It took a few days but suddenly it was fully recovered like it never happened.

That one grew a big knuckle, far bigger than what you see on a recovered split.

The branch was pencil thick but the knuckle was almost walnut sized.
Almost sounds like a graft.
Trying not to get too addicted to buying them.
Good luck John! :rofl: :laugh:
:laughtwo:

Yeah, no. That's deep end of the pool stuff. He's gonna need a professional for that one. But honestly, I've read that there's no known cure, so it's more of a retirement plan for the psychiatrists kind of thing.

Kind of like our medical model. There's more money in it for the system if you treat something for life rather than cure it. So guess where the focus is??
No known cure!

When the male flowers are about to open, move the plant outdoors, capture some pollen, then shower and wash the clothes you wore, then bring a female outside, pollinate her, let her sit all day in the shade, then spray her to kill any rogue pollen, shower and laundry again, and return her indoors.

You can also clone a male and keep it in veg until pollinating outdoors is convenient, or until you only have 1 female.

If you put a male clone outdoors on Aug 1st its easy to hide, doesn't need full sun, and doesn't need to grow big. It just needs to pollinate. I use 1gal plastic pots for male clones pollinating.

Even better, grow the male at a buddies house to collect the pollen, then reward him with some seeds.

Always take the girls outside to pollinate or every pistil inside the house will get pregnant.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't know I had to be so careful

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know I had to be so careful
The 1st time I played with pollen it got on me, then later I went downstairs to the indoor grow, then at harvest I had tons of indoor seeds that I didn't really want😓. I don't take chances now. Water neutralizes pollen.

20230227_121935.jpg
20230227_122054.jpg

Here is an interesting tidbit that I forgot to include when I dissected one of the swicky solo cups to check root formation.

You can see by the plants looks that the swicking was overwatering the sproutling.

When I pulled out the rootball it was really wet. Not dripping but almost, pretty much holding as much water as possibly without actually dripping, so I thought, "let's wring it out and see just how much water is in there."

I held it over a bowl and squeezed out every drop I could. None spilled, the bowl caught it all.

This is all I got in a regular sized cereal bowl. I thought there would be more than 2 tablespoons.

The soil and roots retained the rest. The rootball was heavy, it simply would not give up any more water.

You can see by the nice white roots that the plant was happy. No signs of root rot but serious displays of heavy water filled leaves.

20230227_121935.jpg
20230227_122054.jpg

Here is an interesting tidbit that I forgot to include when I dissected one of the swicky solo cups to check root formation.

You can see by the plants looks that the swicking was overwatering the sproutling.

When I pulled out the rootball it was really wet. Not dripping but almost, pretty much holding as much water as possibly without actually dripping, so I thought, "let's wring it out and see just how much water is in there."

I held it over a bowl and squeezed out every drop I could. None spilled, the bowl caught it all.

This is all I got in a regular sized cereal bowl. I thought there would be more than 2 tablespoons.

The soil and roots retained the rest. The rootball was heavy, it simply would not give up any more water.

You can see by the nice white roots that the plant was happy. No signs of root rot but serious displays of heavy water filled leaves.
Remind me again please Gee, were these on perlite swicks? I am trying to understand how the swick was wicking to saturation. What kind of adjustment could you have made to prevent the overwatering?

Remind me again please Gee, were these on perlite swicks? I am trying to understand how the swick was wicking to saturation. What kind of adjustment could you have made to prevent the overwatering?
Hi Carmen✌️
They were solo's with wicks running into jars. Smaller wicks would likely have worked better.

20230227_121935.jpg
20230227_122054.jpg

How old is that? I’d call it a seedling/sprout but that sucker is full on vegging

Also very interesting that you don’t have top feeder roots on it either. Same thing happened with mine. I attributed it to not enough watering the top. This would jive since yours was a swick so the top wasn’t being watered either

How old is that? I’d call it a seedling/sprout but that sucker is full on vegging

Also very interesting that you don’t have top feeder roots on it either. Same thing happened with mine. I attributed it to not enough watering the top. This would jive since yours was a swick so the top wasn’t being watered either
Its 28 days old in that picture.

That’s some intensive rooting.. it looks like no myco on it though, did you not establish or is it just covered by the roots?
I used my regular potting mix with some myco added at planting under the peat. This seems to be how the roots grow when sipped. They were in the cups way too long. If you transplant them at about 13 days they have both water and feeder roots. These plants are heavily stunted. Myco can't survive long in a small space.

Back
Top Bottom