Seed Supreme. I got them and GSC. They gave me northern lights and OG Kush as freebies.
Big seed dispensers like seed supreme sometimes get a bad rap. My first grow was with them. Did some minimal research before ordering. I was satisfied with my harvest and the product.

Since then I have bought from Brothers Grimm and Premium seed market and am running seeds from all 3 now. I suspect most of my outcomes will be based on how I grow and of course the strain.

The premium seed market seeds I have, will be run at a disadvantage because I popped them about a month after the other ones in reused amended soil. I will try to grow them out in the a 1 gallon pot. The others are in 5 gallon pots. Not sure I will be successful and may have to transplant. I have grow journals that I will update.

I read the Rev's book and may get some seeds from him in the future, but now I have about 20 strains that will take me a while to grow. Trying not to get too addicted to buying them.

I read the Rev's book and may get some seeds from him in the future, but now I have about 20 strains that will take me a while to grow.
Rev's seeds are fun to grow. They are mostly F1's so you get a lot of different pheno's.
Trying not to get too addicted to buying them.
Yeah... Good Luck with that one.

Azi, John is about to need Marital Advice. Its a seed thing.... You ready for this one?

Azi, John is about to need Marital Advice. Its a seed thing.... You ready for this one?
:laughtwo:

Yeah, no. That's deep end of the pool stuff. He's gonna need a professional for that one. But honestly, I've read that there's no known cure, so it's more of a retirement plan for the psychiatrists kind of thing.

Kind of like our medical model. There's more money in it for the system if you treat something for life rather than cure it. So guess where the focus is??

:laughtwo:

Yeah, no. That's deep end of the pool stuff. He's gonna need a professional for that one. But honestly, I've read that there's no known cure, so it's more of a retirement plan for the psychiatrists kind of thing.

Kind of like our medical model. There's more money in it for the system if you treat something rather than cure it. So guess where the focus is??
And we thought the opiod crisis was a conspiracy. This is way bigger.

Ok, and really. Why are seeds so expensive? It's not like they're scarce. I did some half ass pollen chucking and got 4-500 seeds! Even if half of them are male I'd still never grow them all over several lifetimes.

I'm beginning to think the seed business is run by Big Pharma, or at least uses them as consultants.

Want better quality Cannabis, with better taste, and higher THC. Stop what you’re doing with your seeds and read this:

AA1CCEEC-0C12-4BB4-8E71-ACE51E64AD71.jpeg
EC1D6A19-B14B-43FB-BEC5-48C76EA2B477.jpeg
AE72F488-02BF-4E50-B148-C77471429DE4.jpeg

2C4077CE-C504-433E-8E51-415542033C9E.jpeg

Thanks for that @Keffka . As I was reading I thought to myself "that's another good reason to reuse soil." But then he spelled it out leaving no doubt.

I like the idea of strain specific soil. I already do that with some of my extracts, and I only grow a few strains, so it seems it would be easy enough for me to incorporate that practice.

And reusing the soil answers the question "what about clones?"

I understood the benefits of reusing the soil but not the why. This makes complete sense. It also opens up a potential market of custom soils blended for specific strains for those commercially minded. It sounds like there’s too many variations to be able to mass produce the proper biologicals for each strain.

For me it definitely means separating soils now.

I understood the benefits of reusing the soil but not the why. This makes complete sense. It also opens up a potential market of custom soils blended for specific strains for those commercially minded. It sounds like there’s too many variations to be able to mass produce the proper biologicals for each strain.

For me it definitely means separating soils now.
But, presumably, you wouldn't need the entire grow mix to be reused or marketed. I imagine it could work with a little innocolation. Kind of like myco, but with some of the more popular strains. Mix up your regular mix, and add a dash of strain specific bacteria.

Want better quality Cannabis, with better taste, and higher THC. Stop what you’re doing with your seeds and read this:

AA1CCEEC-0C12-4BB4-8E71-ACE51E64AD71.jpeg
EC1D6A19-B14B-43FB-BEC5-48C76EA2B477.jpeg
AE72F488-02BF-4E50-B148-C77471429DE4.jpeg

2C4077CE-C504-433E-8E51-415542033C9E.jpeg
Is this The Rev's book?

"TEAMING WITH BACTERIA " I think. Part of the "Teaming" series .
Thank you. I just googled and I now see that this book was written by someone called Jeff Lowenfels. I haven't read any books on cannabis growing and and am unfamiliar with titles and authors.

But, presumably, you wouldn't need the entire grow mix to be reused or marketed. I imagine it could work with a little innocolation. Kind of like myco, but with some of the more popular strains. Mix up your regular mix, and add a dash of strain specific bacteria.

I think in time we could eventually get to strain specific bacteria mass produced but it’ll likely take a while. We would need to find the bacteria for that strain, then the balance of said bacteria. We could probably start with a shotgun approach like myco did in the beginning and as we learn more about each strain narrow down which beneficials we’re using per strain. I’m really hoping genotypes are as low as it goes because if bacteria differ between phenotypes that’s going to be a lot to learn

Thank you. I just googled and I now see that this book was written by someone called Jeff Lowenfels. I haven't read any books on cannabis growing and and am unfamiliar with titles and authors.

Jeff L has written some very informative gardening books with a special eye on cannabis and how what goes on in the soil impacts our plants. He covers nutrients (both in the soil and how plants use them), myco, microbes and rhizophagy bacteria over 4 books in plain speak with excellent examples and great images. I’ve read each of his books a few times and constantly am referencing them when I forget something. His books are very useful for gardening, tree, bush and lawn care, as well as cannabis growing.

Hehehe your guys's world is about to change. Using the same soil base for the same strain repeatedly, grows the strain better and better, and easier and easier.

I have found that 1/3 of the mix (before perlite is added) of used soil, is a great amount to innoculate a new grow with.

1 part ewc, 1 part coco, 1 part used soil, and then perlite to your own preference.

I go 1 part perlite, but with sub-irrigation I need to explore the perlite ratio. The soil is too wet on some days.

Don't worry about 1/3 used soil watering down your nutrients. The minerals in it are already prepped by the microbes, and the myco is spored out and waiting to grow.

You have added more carbon, and the ewc brings all the proteins you will need.

If that used soil grew a really happy plant you should share that among generations.

Its an innoculant filled with already mined minerals, phosphorus being the big one.

If you use used soil in your worm farm, then the minerals get prepped in that third of the mix too, along with your ammendments.

You spend 5-6 months making the soil perfect, don't throw it out. Recarbon it and add organic matter, the rest of it is just dying to grow something.

Used soil suddenly makes growing far easier with far less tail chasing.

A plant shouldn't shock when you transplant it, it should feel like its happy to be home.

Rev's seeds are fun to grow. They are mostly F1's so you get a lot of different pheno's.

when the seeds get delivered I now quietly add to my stash. I don't announce it anymore.. I guess that is how you know you have a problem.
If one of my pineapple express turns out to be male, I want to flower it for pollen. I am a bit nervous to mention to Sarah that this can't happen in the grow room. Maybe I will gorilla grow in my boiler room. I have already consented to not growing indoors in the summer so we can entertain. Lets see how it plays out. At least last night we got to enjoy the fruits of my labor at a concert.

when the seeds get delivered I now quietly add to my stash. I don't announce it anymore.. I guess that is how you know you have a problem.
If one of my pineapple express turns out to be male, I want to flower it for pollen. I am a bit nervous to mention to Sarah that this can't happen in the grow room. Maybe I will gorilla grow in my boiler room. I have already consented to not growing indoors in the summer so we can entertain. Lets see how it plays out. At least last night we got to enjoy the fruits of my labor at a concert.
When the male flowers are about to open, move the plant outdoors, capture some pollen, then shower and wash the clothes you wore, then bring a female outside, pollinate her, let her sit all day in the shade, then spray her to kill any rogue pollen, shower and laundry again, and return her indoors.

You can also clone a male and keep it in veg until pollinating outdoors is convenient, or until you only have 1 female.

If you put a male clone outdoors on Aug 1st its easy to hide, doesn't need full sun, and doesn't need to grow big. It just needs to pollinate. I use 1gal plastic pots for male clones pollinating.

Even better, grow the male at a buddies house to collect the pollen, then reward him with some seeds.

Always take the girls outside to pollinate or every pistil inside the house will get pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom