Thanks. There are so many pearls I learn from reading these forum posts. I supplement this with books. Keep going down rabbit holes, and you guys keep pulling me back up. Curently reading Jadam book but I am only 15% through Teaming w microbes. Too bad I have full time jo
If I ever pull you out of a rabbit hole it will likely be that I have a rabbit hole I would like to show you🤣

My last grow I accidently broke a lower smaller branch. I noticed it days later. It had yellow leaves. It had a small flower I was going to cut it off. I taped w masking tape. It perked up and I eventually harvested 2 gms from it. For me thats a party.
Amazing really. I see why its called Weed🤣

Seed Supreme. I got them and GSC. They gave me northern lights and OG Kush as freebies.
Nice! I'm not a huge fan of OG for smoking but its a beauty to grow. Very easy and very beautiful.

I have never grown or tried the other two but I hear good things about them.

GSC sure looks good in the journals.

20230303_160730.jpg
Here is the big clone on Day 16 in soil.

20230303_160736.jpg
20230303_160742.jpg

And the 2 smaller pots on Day 12.

I’ll run a control on it with Revs seeds.. Half with the schedule the other half normal and see what happens. We’ve settled into flower in my current room so it’ll be another few weeks at least
This will be something to watch Keffka. Where will you document that process? I had the same question as Gee. Will the shock of early showing adversely affect the plants going forward? How much recovery time will there be, if any?

I have used duct tape on splits many times, some so bad it was unbelievable, and once I popped a branch clean off and taped it back on.
That's plain magic! Seeing how it played out, did the healing drag the rest of the plant down for those days so little you'd do it again?
I like electrical tape - kinda stretchy! And cheap!!
It's always kept me on the job after a skin breach! It's electrician sutures.

This will be something to watch Keffka. Where will you document that process? I had the same question as Gee. Will the shock of early showing adversely affect the plants going forward? How much recovery time will there be, if any?

I’ll run a journal for that grow since it will be my first time using genetics directly from a breeder that I’ve chosen myself. I’ll also drop that part of the grow here in this thread as well since we’ve got multiple people looking into it.

Are we still talking about the 10 days of 12/12, or something else from The Rev's site? Because if that's it, there should be no noticeable effect like shock or recovery time at all. The seedlings aren't sexually mature so were not sending them into flower and then monstercropping them back to veg since they're not developed to the extent required yet.

Rather, changing up the early hormones a tad, if anything. I'm not expecting much change other than possibly earlier pistils after flip maybe.

Still, a side-by-side experiment will be interesting.

Personally, for mine, I'm hoping for a male for several reasons. One, I'm down to two last seeds and a male will make it easier for me to move on to a different strain with characteristics I'd prefer, and two, many of the male seedlings I've grown never showed sex in veg, so it would be cool if this trick helped with that.

Are we still talking about the 10 days of 12/12, or something else from The Rev's site? Because if that's it, there should be no noticeable effect like shock or recovery time at all. The seedlings aren't sexually mature so were not sending them into flower and then monstercropping them back to veg since they're not developed to the extent required yet.

Rather, changing up the early hormones a tad, if anything. I'm not expecting much change other than possibly earlier pistils after flip maybe.

Still, a side-by-side experiment will be interesting.

Personally, for mine, I'm hoping for a male for several reasons. One, I'm down to two last seeds and a male will make it easier for me to move on to a different strain with characteristics I'd prefer, and two, many of the male seedlings I've grown never showed sex in veg, so it would be cool if this trick helped with that.

Yeah still talking about 10-12/12. I was thinking the same thing you are. It’s not really revegging since the plant isn’t really even vegging yet as it is. Yeah you could call sprouts veg but there’s a clear line between a sprout and a vegging plant.

I don’t think we’ll see any drastic changes in terms of final quality, yield, or issues either. Essentially all we are doing really is starving the sprout of 60 hours worth of light. The early sexing is likely just going to be a hormonal response to recognizing the limited amount of light it was exposed to in the beginning. Sort of like we’re telling it that it’s sprouted late in the season and needs to get moving quickly.

That's plain magic! Seeing how it played out, did the healing drag the rest of the plant down for those days so little you'd do it again?
When I split the top the plant didn't notice at all but I taped it immediately.

The other 2 happened overnight in a storm, and in the morning I found them.

One was a little wilty and as I was taping it up I noticed one other split but not as bad.

The wilty one recovered that day.

The branch that broke right off was barely hanging by one thread of epidermis and I thought "Well this is a goner but...lets see."

It took a few days but suddenly it was fully recovered like it never happened.

That one grew a big knuckle, far bigger than what you see on a recovered split.

The branch was pencil thick but the knuckle was almost walnut sized.

Yeah still talking about 10-12/12. I was thinking the same thing you are. It’s not really revegging since the plant isn’t really even vegging yet as it is. Yeah you could call sprouts veg but there’s a clear line between a sprout and a vegging plant.

I don’t think we’ll see any drastic changes in terms of final quality, yield, or issues either. Essentially all we are doing really is starving the sprout of 60 hours worth of light. The early sexing is likely just going to be a hormonal response to recognizing the limited amount of light it was exposed to in the beginning. Sort of like we’re telling it that it’s sprouted late in the season and needs to get moving quickly.
Sativas are mainly indigineous to the tropics and equatorial regions, so 12/12 is a common day length.

I could see nature speeding the process to get 2 crops a year.

At 4 weeks it is mature so it has 20 weeks to flower and 2 weeks to drop new seeds and have them sprout. Then 26 weeks to cycle again.

Its entirely possible it could be a better plant.

Or a Mutant🤣

Teenage Mutant Ninja Tropicals🤣

Nice! I'm not a huge fan of OG for smoking but its a beauty to grow. Very easy and very beautiful.

I have never grown or tried the other two but I hear good things about them.

GSC sure looks good in the journals.
I have limited experience with strains. I never tried any of the strains I am growing unless unknowingly. The main source of bought flower around where I live just tells you sativa or indica. From the pens I have tried, I like Durbon poison and Jack Herer high the most. My girl friend likes more indica, so I grow both. I think a legal dispensary opened up within 30 miles of me about 2 weeks ago but I haven't made it there yet. Now I have grown more then I can smoke so not sure when I will buy from them.

I have limited experience with strains. I never tried any of the strains I am growing unless unknowingly. The main source of bought flower around where I live just tells you sativa or indica. From the pens I have tried, I like Durbon poison and Jack Herer high the most. My girl friend likes more indica, so I grow both. I think a legal dispensary opened up within 30 miles of me about 2 weeks ago but I haven't made it there yet. Now I have grown more then I can smoke so not sure when I will buy from them.
I haven't tried Jack Herrer but I have some freebee seeds of it. If its similar to Durban Poison maybe I should grow them.

Its nice when the stash is full😊 It gives you freedom to try other strains or experiments.

20230304_055816.jpg

Here is the 10gal on Day 17 in soil.

20230304_055822.jpg
20230304_055817.jpg

Here are the other 2 in small pots on Day 13 in soil.

They are all praying nicely now. Zoom Zoom!

20230304_060125.jpg

Here is why I used 10gal pots. The big plant is from the same batch of clones as the small pots, but it was planted 4 days earlier.

4 days won't make it twice the size, but the bigger pot will.

Myco needs the room to make the microbes perform better.

It's not a nute thing as all pots have the same mix in them.

I'm legally limited to 4 plants. I need 'em bigger than 1.6gal pots can supply me with.

Its a race to the finish line before the small pots run out of umphh, so a longer veg time isn't really an option.

I think today is their last day of Summer. Tomorrow is flower time😊.

I'm actually nervous for the 1st time in a long time.

This strain did well outdoors, really well. It got huge.

This is its 1st indoor grow. I hope the pots are ready for it.

Please have enough carbon little pots....Please. (as I double check to make sure I still have molasses, as the wife and her kitchen have been known to abscond it in the past.)

So far its been a dream to grow and to clone.

Please have enough carbon little pots....Please. (as I double check to make sure I still have molasses, as the wife and her kitchen have been known to abscond it in the past.)
Here's a pro tip for you. Take the molasses and pour it in a different kind of jar. She won't use it because she can't trust it if it's not in the right kind of bottle. Label it 'plant carbon' and you'll have it all to yourself.

You're welcome.

Here's a pro tip for you. Take the molasses and pour it in a different kind of jar. She won't use it because she can't trust it if it's not in the right kind of bottle. Label it 'plant carbon' and you'll have it all to yourself.

You're welcome.
That sounds like experience talking.

How many wives did you go thru to figure this diabolical yet genius plan?

Back
Top Bottom