It is. I like prilled dolomite. For that I use 1/4 cup prilled dolomite in 1 quart of water, shake the daylights out of it, and thats my concentrate. The I use 1/4 cup concentrate in 3 gallons of water and it comes out to 75-ish ppm and I water with that.
It's not very recommended to topdress with dolomite lime since the Magnesium part breaks down before the Calcium. The most common result is excess Magnesium in the medium. Depending on the source dolomite lime might even have more Mg than Ca and its therefore very important to check the listed content whenever you buy a new bag.

Traditionally it's used to topdress for added magnesium in late season and next year you have a well buffered soil since the complete content of the minerals been broken down. But this practice is strictly for outdoors and have no place growing in containers.

It takes weeks and even months for dolomite lime to fully break down and it's the magnesium part that breaks down first and becomes accessible to the plant.

This practice will cause changes and fluctuations in the Ca:Mg ratios that should be kept stable, alone and non changing throughout the grow. You get fluctuations by repeatedly topdressing a mineral that takes weeks to break down and will at that time change the Ca:Mg ratios back and forth.

This is a really big stressor growing Cannabis. As an organic grower you should already have your soil cooked, mixed and balanced enough to not need any topdressing and if you choose to do so it's important to do it in a safe manner that won't stress the plant out.

There's much better and safer alternatives than topdressing dolomite lime.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

It's not very recommended to topdress with dolomite lime since the Magnesium part breaks down before the Calcium. The most common result is excess Magnesium in the medium. Depending on the source dolomite lime might even have more Mg than Ca and its therefore very important to check the listed content whenever you buy a new bag.

Traditionally it's used to topdress for added magnesium in late season and next year you have a well buffered soil since the complete content of the minerals been broken down. But this practice is strictly for outdoors and have no place growing in containers.

It takes weeks and even months for dolomite lime to fully break down and it's the magnesium part that breaks down first and becomes accessible to the plant.

This practice will cause changes and fluctuations in the Ca:Mg ratios that should be kept stable, alone and non changing throughout the grow. You get fluctuations by repeatedly topdressing a mineral that takes weeks to break down and will at that time change the Ca:Mg ratios back and forth.

This is a really big stressor growing Cannabis. As an organic grower you should already have your soil cooked, mixed and balanced enough to not need any topdressing and if you choose to do so it's important to do it in a safe manner that won't stress the plant out.

There's much better and safer alternatives than topdressing dolomite lime.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
This conversation has nothing to do with topdressing. Topdressing dolomite is never a good idea. Making it into a liquid works very well. Prilled allows both Ca and Mg to be available simultaneously. Thats why I always state that you should use prilled.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

You need to really squeeze that ball of leaf between your fingertips and slowly roll it back and forth, reroll it, do it again, and after about 2 full minutes your fingers will get wet. Roll it for another 10 seconds or so, then try squeezing out a drip. It may not be enough to drip off the ball but it will usually be enough that you can gently touch it to the center of the prism and a drip will transfer.
Yesterday it was 90 seconds, today it’s 2 full minutes & then another ten seconds. My god man, when does it stop?:lot-o-toke:

LC-18 - Day 44.

20240909_170235.jpg

Look at the algae in my flood tray🤣🤣🤣🤣

It looks happy. I wonder what it would brix at🤣.

20240909_170211.jpg

The 2 big LC's in the back, little LC front left, and Miss Sticky front right.

20240909_170216.jpg

Almost time to add and adjust the strapping.

20240909_154819.jpg

20240909_154812.jpg

One of the big LC's. It's definitely looking better in color but the tips are showing a slight bit of burn from the dunk.

20240909_154807.jpg

Same for the other big LC.

20240909_154801.jpg

Little LC has really started to grow. She's both greening and catching up. The drench did her well.

20240909_154757.jpg

Miss Sticky is a happy plant. The one drench fixed her right up. She's the happiest. This soil is jacked, she's going to be a pig. Theres some great potential in this one.

Gee I tried again yesterday. Squeezed the crap out of a larger leaf. Still could not get a drop out of the thing. You must have hands of steel.
Are you rolling the ball of leaf around in your fingertips with pressure until your finger tips get wet?

It takes 3 minutes and 15 seconds at least, right Rob?🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom