Ok I kind of thought it might be. Thats the 1st sign of a calcium deficiency creeping in, and it could very well be your recurring issue. Do you use any forms of CalMag or dolomite water? And not to worry, your refractometer will tell you for certain and then you can decide what comes next.
I have fox farms calmag. My tap water is only about 90ppm so not much in it.

Mostly P and K difference but Ca and Mg should be balanced from beginning to end in my opinion and experience. Worth noting that for OTC or synthetic folks cal-mag supp is probably biggest money maker out there!
Please chime in if I sound off base here…

Does our beloved plant require more calcium and magnesium in flower?
It does a bit, but not as much extra as you would think.

Like Bud stated, it needs to be in proper ratio with magnesium, from start to finish, and calcium is both heavy and extremely mobile in water, so it falls out of the pot every watering and eventually gets low.

You need a bit more in flower to aid phosphorus intake as it increases.

When calcium gets low in the ratio with magnesium, magnesium becomes electrically sticky and both tightens the soil (crusty soil) and locks out nitrogen (yellowing leaves).

Use your refractometer to be sure. Your line should be this fuzzy when optimal.

20240811_164645.jpg

or pretty close to this.

More light doseages of calmag work far better than one strong one. I like 75-100ppm of prilled dolomite in reverse osmosis water myself.

Thanks Gee I think you hit the nail on the head. With my tap water so low in ppm.....should I add calmag with every watering?
Your fancy new refractometer will tell you. Check it, and if it's not very fuzzy use some calmag, and when it gets fuzzy you can stop, but keep testing every 5 days or so. As soon as it starts to get less fuzzy give it a light dose as needed.

Earth worm castings are high in calcium so if you top dress regularly with ewc you will need calmag far less.

I'm off to cupcake island.
We trust you'll bring enough back for the rest of us when you back? Probably goes without saying but wanted to mention it just in case so there's no misunderstanding. We want to welcome you back on your return and it would be awkward if you arrived empty handed. :thumb:

We trust you'll bring enough back for the rest of us when you back? Probably goes without saying but wanted to mention it just in case so there's no misunderstanding. We want to welcome you back on your return and it would be awkward if you arrived empty handed. :thumb:
Yeah, what Azi said!🤣

Good to know Gee. I think that $19 investment is going to pay back big dividends. Have a good evening. I'm off to cupcake island. Smoked a bunch today.
@Ramblinrose1965 Have you checked brix yet? I'm curious about both your brix and the crispness/fuzziness of the indicator line.

I'm even more curious about the new words you invented trying to get sap from the leaf🤪

@Ramblinrose1965 Have you checked brix yet? I'm curious about both your brix and the crispness/fuzziness of the indicator line.

I'm even more curious about the new words you invented trying to get sap from the leaf🤪
Well I'm back from Cupcake Island and I have cupcakes and party favors for all you good people.🧁
Well....I got my ass outta bed at 4am this morning and grabbed a leaf sample off the blue sunset sherbert. Rolled it up and began to mush it up. I played with it for a while but could not get any juice out of it. I had to curse under my breath cause the gf was sleeping in the next room. You guys where right I came up with new never used words at 4am this morning. And believe me when I tell you if these words came out at the level they should have there would have been a shit storm from waking the gf. I was thinking where are my vice grips when I need them??? Well I cut a couple of leaves off and figured Id give it another attempt this morning when all the smoke clears,:lot-o-toke:

There's got to be an easier way its like trying to squeeze a stone. Any way here's the party favors for you guys.......

20240901_083540.jpg

Well I'm back from Cupcake Island and I have cupcakes and party favors for all you good people.🧁
Well....I got my ass outta bed at 4am this morning and grabbed a leaf sample off the blue sunset sherbert. Rolled it up and began to mush it up. I played with it for a while but could not get any juice out of it. I had to curse under my breath cause the gf was sleeping in the next room. You guys where right I came up with new never used words at 4am this morning. And believe me when I tell you if these words came out at the level they should have there would have been a shit storm from waking the gf. I was thinking where are my vice grips when I need them??? Well I cut a couple of leaves off and figured Id give it another attempt this morning when all the smoke clears,:lot-o-toke:

There's got to be an easier way its like trying to squeeze a stone. Any way here's the party favors for you guys.......

20240901_083540.jpg
You need to really squeeze that ball of leaf between your fingertips and slowly roll it back and forth, reroll it, do it again, and after about 2 full minutes your fingers will get wet. Roll it for another 10 seconds or so, then try squeezing out a drip. It may not be enough to drip off the ball but it will usually be enough that you can gently touch it to the center of the prism and a drip will transfer.

Well, well, well. I just brixed Miss CBD about 36 hours after the tea and about 14 hours into her 18 hour day and got an 11! The calcium line is still more defined than I'd like, but the the soil was also a bit wetter than ideal.

So, I'm close. I'll be able to add dolo water in another couple of days, and she'll be flipped before the week is out.

Well, well, well. I just brixed Miss CBD about 36 hours after the tea and about 14 hours into her 18 hour day and got an 11! The calcium line is still more defined than I'd like, but the the soil was also a bit wetter than ideal.

So, I'm close. I'll be able to add dolo water in another couple of days, and she'll be flipped before the week is out.
If she's already wet then add the dolowater now and drain the res👍. Wet is wet so it may as well be wet with dolo-water. And excellent on the reading!😊👍👊

If she's already wet then add the dolowater now and drain the res👍. Wet is wet so it may as well be wet with dolo-water. And excellent on the reading!😊👍👊
Well, it's not super wet, just on the edge of moist so I'll let it dry another day at least as I'd like to get to the cycling more quickly. And the calcium line is not super well defined and I added some Oyster shell powder as a top dress a week ago and then worm castings with a good misting in yesterday.

Given my history with overwatering I'm hesitant to prolong the dry out process since I'm on the verge of a 2-3 day cycle now and close to flipping.

How do you make dolowater? I have some dolomite lime out in the garden shed. Is that what you use?
It is. I like prilled dolomite. For that I use 1/4 cup prilled dolomite in 1 quart of water, shake the daylights out of it, and thats my concentrate. The I use 1/4 cup concentrate in 3 gallons of water and it comes out to 75-ish ppm and I water with that.

Back
Top Bottom