I did a lot of yard work yesterday and every muscle in my body is reminding me of it this morning. Screw you old age, I'm gonna wake n bake the hell outta myself today😊
Right there with you :bongrip:

ok 2g must mean 2 gallon
Correct.

I checked the hay box this morning at 12 hours in and temps are up 10* over ambient so it's definitely working. I'll pay more attention now to the insulation to see how much I can improve it.

When you guys mix your big batches of soil, what do you get for peak temps? I'd imagine not as hot as a normal compost pile at 140-160*?

Correct.

I checked the hay box this morning at 12 hours in and temps are up 10* over ambient so it's definitely working. I'll pay more attention now to the insulation to see how much I can improve it.

When you guys mix your big batches of soil, what do you get for peak temps? I'd imagine not as hot as a normal compost pile at 140-160*?
I haven't measured, but I compare it to a load of clothes fresh out of the dryer where it's almost too hot to put your hand into the middle of, but not quite.

The caveman version. :thumb:
Very similar to me, never thought to check temp but I’d guess in the 90-110 F range or so. Next batch I will check.

Once the pot roots in, you can start a more frequent top watering, or a heavier top watering, and let the res catch the excess. That will transition things much better, but feeder roots 1st or brix will crash.
I think I'm going to adopt a lighter watering routine, at least early which will give me more opportunities to add dolo water etc. I brixed this morning and got an 8 with a very crisp line. My tea is brewing and will get delivered tomorrow, but I'm going to just use about half of what I'd normally use on that plant as it is finally getting out of the too wet zone.

I still want to give it another dose of the tea, but also don't want it to take as long to dry out as it did this time.

And the good news, my son called to say he was offered a free worm farm so he grabbed it for me!

Pretty soon I will be producing 8-9 gallons of EWC every 14 days😎
Nice! Are you going to have enough material to feed it? We'd hate to see you grow herb just to feed it all to the worms. :p

Looks like the redemption grow is a go! :thumb: I potted up two clones from the plant I droughted to death before it had time to finish so I'll make sure to do a better job at that phase this round for sure.
I'm getting two very different starts from the two clones and wonder if it's because of the "re-esatblishing the crown" thing Gee talks about. One never blinked and started throwing new roots visible the day afer potting up. The other just started showing roots 4 days later.

That's something I'll have to pay more attention to going forward.

The best of the two will become the new mother since I mostly fried the original mother with my recent tea, and the other will get her chance at glory.
The better of the two does become the new mother. The last round of tea fried half the leaf surface on most of the leaves. It seemed to grow out of it and produced three more cuttings which I took this past weekend, but that seems to have been the straw that broke it as the new growth I left on the plant to photosynthesize have shriveled up and it looks pretty grim.

Next!

Nice! Are you going to have enough material to feed it? We'd hate to see you grow herb just to feed it all to the worms. :p
The wife and I actually had a conversation about that yesterday. We don't produce enough from the cutting board to run 2 and I don't bring outdoor stuff inside unless it's produce that hasn't rotted yet.

It has no worms so I have to start it with some of mine which will mean 4-6 months to get the 1st tray and then it will produce 4-4.5 gals every 2 weeks, so I think I will start it indoors and in the spring move it outdoors and feed it outdoor plant matter, and at the end of the season just dump everything into my veggie garden, worms and all, and bring the clean empty worm farm indoors and start it again with fresh worms.

I'm getting two very different starts from the two clones and wonder if it's because of the "re-esatblishing the crown" thing Gee talks about. One never blinked and started throwing new roots visible the day afer potting up. The other just started showing roots 4 days later.

That's something I'll have to pay more attention to going forward.

The better of the two does become the new mother. The last round of tea fried half the leaf surface on most of the leaves. It seemed to grow out of it and produced three more cuttings which I took this past weekend, but that seems to have been the straw that broke it as the new growth I left on the plant to photosynthesize have shriveled up and it looks pretty grim.

Next!
Tea is a dangerous game, especially if it has calcium and nitrogen in it. Thats why my teas are generally microbe boosts, just molasses, EWC, and some kelp to destress everything. If you add any feeds expect burned leaves unless you are very careful and cut it properly.

Calcium in a tea magnifies everything, it jacks the electricity up and if nitrogen is in the tea it hits hard.

Nitrogen plus the added O2 that calcium brings with soil conditioning creates nitrous oxide, or NO3. Plants require it but too much is volatile.

Dangerous game. Put the food in the pot and add microbes so myco can manage the release rates.

This one has little N, a bit of meals (m. barley, flower crumble, alfalfa), some minerals (bonemeal, azomite) and started out with dolo water at about 45ppm, some FAA and molasses, and then RWC will be added tonight for the final 24 hours. Most of them at 1 teaspoon each.

Most of it is destined to the vegetable garden as I don't have much going on atm but I'll be sure to dilute it well. My main goal with it is to get my P levels up.

The Outdoor Gang.
20240905_060439.jpg

The 27gal RVDV is a beautiful plant. She's stretching now and is 6 1/2' tall from the bottom of the pot. I'm 6'2" and she was shorter than me yesterday. Finally flower begins. It's 29 days late by my calculations. That means harvest mid November, so I will have to finish everything indoors for the last 3-4 weeks.

20240905_060332.jpg

Big RV's main cola starting to stretch out. It's going to be a good one. Hopefully a giant redheaded megabud🥰🙏.

20240905_060415.jpg

It's pretty obvious now that RVDV is meant to be outdoors. She loves a breeze and is far better of a plant than my indoor ones.

She needs the hard long hot desert sun days. She loves 90+ degrees and we still have another 7-10 days of it forecasted🤞

It was 36C/97F yesterday and today should be the same😊

20240905_060456.jpg

7gal RVDV. She needs to trim her bush.

20240905_060500.jpg

Here's her twin sister. Crazy main tops.

20240905_060515.jpg

The BK Manifolder is a perfectly circular plant and is starting to stretch and has actual budlets just starting. She's a cross of 11 Roses kush and Cinderella99, so a 50/50 hybrid, and ripens regularly on Oct 22. She's a bit ahead of the RV's.

20240905_060535.jpg

The clones from the veg tent in the 1.6gals are outside now. I need to put trays under them. They will dry really quickly in the hot sun. The roots should love the warmth. The worms are watching....

20240905_060539.jpg

The other one. Fire smoke looks like it's back😓.

Back
Top Bottom