RVDV QuadMumma.
20240905_161030.jpg

I think she has forgiven me.😊

20240905_161047.jpg

No detriment yet from the root dunking.

20240905_161057.jpg

Two future clones🥰.

Miss Stick and the LC18's - Day 40' and 31.

20240905_160831.jpg

The manifold shaping is going well. The root dunks have greened everything up vibrantly. No detrime t on any of them yet.🤞😊

20240905_160837.jpg

Little LC #3. Super green new growth.

20240905_160845.jpg

20240905_160908.jpg

LC#1. Not as vibrant, but still noticeable.

20240905_160915.jpg

LC#2, in between 1 and 3. Her growing tips look a bit stressed.

All in all the training is coming and the 1st and worst root dunk didn't go too badly.

Fingers crossed for a few more days til they dry down. 🤞
Does anyone still do flux? Manifold seems to be a less extreme version of flux to me. Is that a fair assessment?

Does anyone still do flux? Manifold seems to be a less extreme version of flux to me. Is that a fair assessment?
There's one guy who does some cool fluxing. Lightaddict I think his name is.

Fluxing is pretty extreme, manifolding is more about topping correctly and then ensuring all tops get equal light. It grows 8 equal pipes so all the colas are pretty much identical.

I like big buds, the bigger the better. It's my only goal, and manifolding to 8 gives you 8 prime colas.

Fluxing or other methods can easily give you more yield, but I can pull 32 prime colas out of my 5 x 5 with no larf using manifolds, so that's my preferred style.

When you manifold 4 plants to 8 tops each, the canopy looks very scrog like, but you can pull the plants out of the tent if you need to, like for a root dunk.

Miss Sticky Clones - Day 1.

20240905_160723.jpg

Wow they are pretty cuts. Looking great.🥰👍

20240905_160728.jpg

No droop at all. I hope they love aero cloning🤞
Looking succulent 🍕

Been seeing the term larf a lot and can’t remember or possibly never knew what it meant - please enlighten me :)

Ok, you’ve all got me convinced to do this drouting thing for last 11 days for at least a couple plants this run :) couple questions, do you do a flush/drench before starting? Have link(s) to share? Any other recommendations not covered typically based on your experiences?
Start here. Plenty of experimenting and back and forth in that thread but thats a good post to start with for the basics.

Ok. Did a bit of reading and answered my own question.

Seems like Mainlining was first, started by a grower named Nugbuckets. His technique was to top the plant producing two opposite branches. Then he topped those two to produce four, and topped the four to produce eight colas. Each cola is the same distance from the roots in this method.

Then, a grower named Nebula Haze took that idea and eliminated the additional toppings and just let the original two branches grow and used the side branching to make up her eight branches, claiming to have saved a bit of veg time in the process with no loss of yield. This was termed "Manifolding."

Then @Light Addict came up with his more elaborate, and time consuming, training more along the lines of the second version, but focuses more on creating many, many more tops than the eight found in either of the two prior versions, with a bit of weaving of stems along the way. LA calls this technique "Fluxing".

And from there we now have @Asesino85 's quadlining version which tops but leaves four branches to grow instead of two, shortening veg time even further and producing a very symmetrical plant.

I think I have my history right but am happy to be corrected if anything is not accurate or complete.

Been seeing the term larf a lot and can’t remember or possibly never knew what it meant - please enlighten me :)
Popcorn buds, down low out of the light. They take energy from the plant and don't produce big buds and are a pain to trim so many growers remove them after stretch to let those plant resources help build out bigger top buds.

Popcorn buds, down low out of the light. They take energy from the plant and don't produce big buds and are a pain to trim so many growers remove them after stretch to let those plant resources help build out bigger top buds.
I’ve consistently done this for many years - at least now I know the acronym :) thanks!

I also remove the larf higher up towards main stem along the way - typically the little ones within 4” of main stem for reference.

The other thing I do aside from avoiding removing fans as much as possible is to cut some of them in half that are starting to die off and about half yellow. I’ve never been advised to do so, I just had an epiphany one night while heavily medicated that if we cut leaves back to promote rooting for clones, why wouldn’t cutting them back as they’re dying off help in a similar way. I haven’t ever thoroughly tested this theory, just made a habit of it and never saw any ill effects so just kept doing it. One day I’ll make time to do some comparisons. Anyone else ever tried this and/or tested it that can tell me it’s crazy or effective???

The other thing I do aside from avoiding removing fans as much as possible is to cut some of them in half that are starting to die off and about half yellow. I’ve never been advised to do so, I just had an epiphany one night while heavily medicated that if we cut leaves back to promote rooting for clones, why wouldn’t cutting them back as they’re dying off help in a similar way. I haven’t ever thoroughly tested this theory, just made a habit of it and never saw any ill effects so just kept doing it. One day I’ll make time to do some comparisons. Anyone else ever tried this and/or tested it that can tell me it’s crazy or effective???
To me, cutting them just introduces a vector for pests and diseases to better access the plant interior. All of the plant tissues are built to protect the innards so that's why any injury, man made or not, increases risk to the plant.

I'd rather let the plant mine whatever it wants from the leaf and discard it on its own terms which it does by sealing off the junction first.

I do let most fall on their own, maybe 30% at most I treat that way. Very good points though that make me want to expedite the testing schedule!

I guess I don't manifold, I mainline.

That being said, mainling sure builds a nice even manifold🤣
Be careful how you say that, we might get the wrong impression :)

I’m just envisioning the conversation. No officer I haven’t been drinking at all, just a little mainlining :)

Correct.

I checked the hay box this morning at 12 hours in and temps are up 10* over ambient so it's definitely working. I'll pay more attention now to the insulation to see how much I can improve it.

When you guys mix your big batches of soil, what do you get for peak temps? I'd imagine not as hot as a normal compost pile at 140-160*?
I shoot the outside of the barrels and get 6 to 9 degrees above ambient in the cellar which is usually 65 to 70.
I fluxed this one last grow. Had a fun time and went with most of LA's method.

Miss Sticky and the LC's - Day 41's and 32.

20240906_133020.jpg

All 4 are not showing any detriment from the root dunk other than a bit of clawing and an overwatered look, but no burn. The mag def looks to be correcting itself but I need 2-3 more days to know for sure.

Little LC front left isn't so little anymore. She does have 1 small arm tho.

20240906_133101.jpg

QuadMumma is the same. Some nitrogen clawing and over-watered, but no burn. Considering the savage topping she's doing well.

Miss Sticky clones - Day 2.
20240906_132929.jpg

These are nice thick clones with unstaggered nodes. They would make beautiful quads. I sure hope they root. They have great side branches already starting.🤞

20240906_132915.jpg

20240906_132933.jpg

Rub-a-dub-dub,
Two clones in a tub.

🤣

Back
Top Bottom