Ok that makes sense👍. I can't wait to see those day lilies get into the mix, or are they already in this batch?
The crumble is in the new NetPot SIP as well as the mix that's cooking for the Redemption Grow, and I've also added a small amount as part of my top dressing weekly for the past month or so, plus now some to my biweekly tea.

He does, but it has been sucky for me when I use it. The plants are lacklustre and even poor. It may be me too. When I use prilled only the brix rip upwards. Rev never mentions brix so it may not be a part of his endgame.
It's hard to imagine that he has a nearly perfect high brix mix and he hasn't mentioned it at all. Seems to be a great tool to objectively measure the health of plants. I've had very healthy  looking plants in my SIPs but those had very poor brix levels and bugs which confirmed their status.

Azi, do you have a ppm tester? I would love to know the ppm of a strong nettle-only tea.
As in an aerated tea or one of my Jadam mixes?

I have a ppm (realy a TDS) meter and use it for my rain/dolo water mostly. I test my teas more for informational purposes as well but haven't made any adjustments based on it since I don't have a comparative sense as to what the readings should be for teas.

For dolo water Rev said 50ish ppm is what he wants his base water to be so that's where I try to keep it.

The crumble is in the new NetPot SIP as well as the mix that's cooking for the Redemption Grow, and I've also added a small amount as part of my top dressing weekly for the past month or so, plus now some to my biweekly tea.
Nice!
It's hard to imagine that he has a nearly perfect high brix mix and he hasn't mentioned it at all.
My experience is that if you say brix to a synthetic grower, or even a lot of non synthetic growers, they scoff and file you away in the tinfoil hat folder. You can thank corporate america and it's lobbyists for that one.

Rev doesn't need to promote brix for book sales, so he likely keeps his mouth shut.
Seems to be a great tool to objectively measure the health of plants. I've had very healthy  looking plants in my SIPs but those had very poor brix levels and bugs which confirmed their status.

As in an aerated tea or one of my Jadam mixes?

I have a ppm (realy a TDS) meter and use it for my rain/dolo water mostly. I test my teas more for informational purposes as well but haven't made any adjustments based on it since I don't have a comparative sense as to what the readings should be for teas.

For dolo water Rev said 50ish ppm is what he wants his base water to be so that's where I try to keep it.

Rev hasn't said brix once that I remember. I don't know. Once you say brix you have to think, and his books have helped folks like me stay away from that. :) He puts high brix weed into average Joes home. That's why I picked him. I had a real hard time asking for help, that's on me , but folks I knew were also not sharing soil knowledge in a way I understood.
I also like going to the next step and learning about it now that I know a little more in general. This science isn't for everyone. I'm glad I'm starting to get a hold of it! :yahoo:

Rev hasn't said brix once that I remember. I don't know. Once you say brix you have to think, and his books have helped folks like me stay away from that. :) He puts high brix weed into average Joes home. That's why I picked him. I had a real hard time asking for help, that's on me , but folks I knew were also not sharing soil knowledge in a way I understood.
I also like going to the next step and learning about it now that I know a little more in general. This science isn't for everyone. I'm glad I'm starting to get a hold of it! :yahoo:
Keff always said this stuff was surpringly easy once you understood all the basics. Now we just need to put it into practice, some of us more than others. You're already way ahead of me having used all the right inputs in the right ratios in the way they were prescribed.

He certainly does put good weed into the homes of everyone, and legalization is bringing growing out into the main stream. Good on him for being there when the crowds showed up! I've tried to build soil better than his and I can't, so I keep fiddling but I always go back to his recipe when I get serious.

Keff always said this stuff was surpringly easy once you understood all the basics. Now we just need to put it into practice, some of us more than others. You're already way ahead of me having used all the right inputs in the right ratios in the way they were prescribed.
Think so? Not really because I haven't had to think until very recently. That's why I don't say much a lot of times.:)
He certainly does put good weed into the homes of evetyone, and legalization is bringing growing out into the main stream. Good on him for being there when the crowds showed up! I've tried to build soil better than his and I can't, so I kerp fiddling but I always go back to his recipe when I get serious.
That's how I see it. Now to go to the next level!

Flower season should be 2 to 3 weeks in yet it hasn't really started yet. I've never seen it late like this before. We had 6 weeks of forest fire smoke and I'm wondering if it somehow affected the plants. It's happening to both the BK and the RVDV clones.

20240901_164956.jpg

RVDV in the 27gal tote.

20240901_165016.jpg

it's main cola. No flower.

20240901_164820.jpg

RVDV in a 7gal.

20240901_164916.jpg

It's main cola.

20240901_164743.jpg

The other RVDV 7gal.

20240901_164809.jpg

It's main.

20240831_151155.jpg

The BK. It at least has a few preflower pistils. Still no stretch tho.

Weird.

Flower season should be 2 to 3 weeks in yet it hasn't really started yet. I've never seen it late like this before. We had 6 weeks of forest fire smoke and I'm wondering if it somehow affected the plants. It's happening to both the BK and the RVDV clones.

20240901_164956.jpg

RVDV in the 27gal tote.

20240901_165016.jpg

it's main cola. No flower.

20240901_164820.jpg

RVDV in a 7gal.

20240901_164916.jpg

It's main cola.

20240901_164743.jpg

The other RVDV 7gal.

20240901_164809.jpg

It's main.

20240831_151155.jpg

The BK. It at least has a few preflower pistils. Still no stretch tho.

Weird.
Weird indeed! I hope you have enough time to ripen the flowers when they come.

Literal Late bloomers. They better get going! It'll be frost o clock in no time! That's queer, two different plants to boot!
Mornin' Stone ☕👊.

Yeah I could understand if it was just the Afrikaans, but I've grown the BK outdoors a few times now and it's usually finishing stretch now. I've heard that fire smoke will make siome coniferous trees now open their cones to drop seed, so it's the only thing I can think of.

Kind of shoots a big hole in the notion that it's all about increasing night time hours. I've seen other anecdotal reports on the board about poor outdoor gardening results this season. Wonder if they're all related.

Back
Top Bottom