I was thinking the same. You've got a LOT going on there but it sounds as if you have it all under control!

I was thinking the same. You've got a LOT going on there but it sounds as if you have it all under control!
On top of all the plants, I also have a few sweat tubs of orange that I have to keep a careful eye on.

20240829_074152.jpg

RV is a beautiful weed🥰

The Outsiders.

20240830_144222.jpg

BK. Her brix were 16 and fuzzy-ish yesterday. Today she's 14.5 and getting crisper.

20240830_144215.jpg

RV in the tote. She's 24 brix and really fuzzy. She's almost bigger than I wanted. From the bottom of the pot she's just over 6 feet tall. She's still barely in flower.

20240830_144209.jpg

This 7gal is brixing 20 and pretty good calcium. Almost perfect.

20240830_144203.jpg

And this one is only 17 with a crisp line. Calcium for her and BK tomorrow, then everyone gets fish.

Looks like the redemption grow is a go! :thumb: I potted up two clones from the plant I droughted to death before it had time to finish so I'll make sure to do a better job at that phase this round for sure.

The best of the two will become the new mother since I mostly fried the original mother with my recent tea, and the other will get her chance at glory. Hoping for a really good run as that one will be the first with sufficient levels of both the calcium and P for high brix in my mix.

Also, I brixed my CBD mother plant today before taking cuts and got a 10ish with a fuzzy calcium line. I'm going to pot up a new clone of that one in my new soil version and see if I can hop above the ceiling. Plus, that mother is in soil with hydroton for aeration and it's a bit of a pain using the watering stick in that substrate.

Looks like the redemption grow is a go! :thumb: I potted up two clones from the plant I droughted to death before it had time to finish so I'll make sure to do a better job at that phase this round for sure.
🤣🤣🤣 Sorry, thats all I got🤣🤣🤣
The best of the two will become the new mother since I mostly fried the original mother with my recent tea, and the other will get her chance at glory.
Lol Tea is a dangerous thing. I mix 1 or 2 tbsp molasses per 5 gal bucket with only minerals and some kelp and 1 cup EWC.

No calciums and no meals, and I cut it 50/50 with RO water. I still get tip burn sometimes. I only feed 2 litres max to a 10gal pot.

I don't like using teas as feeds, they are volatile.
Hoping for a really good run as that one will be the first with sufficient levels of both the calcium and P for high brix in my mix.
Even if this run doesn't crack 13, don't despair. Once your used soil in a mix is brix 11-ish, now your floor has been raised and getting over 12 becomes easier. Until you are recycling your better brixing soil, you may not break 12.
Also, I brixed my CBD mother plant today before taking cuts and got a 10ish with a fuzzy calcium line. I'm going to pot up a new clone of that one in my new soil version and see if I can hop above the ceiling. Plus, that mother is in soil with hydroton for aeration and it's a bit of a pain using the watering stick in that substrate.
If you pick the hydroton out this will be fairly decent on the rebuild and getting a 10 brix soil to 13 or above is quite doable next run.

The Outdoor Gang.

Well I'm not sure what to make of today's brix readings, other than maybe the shorter days cutting photosynthesis or maybe I'm short on minerals or organic matter, or another storm is coming. It's supposed to be hot and dry for 2 weeks, so it's not a storm.

20240831_151155.jpg

Brix 14 and slightly fuzzy, slightly crisp.

20240831_151140.jpg

Brix 17 and perfectly fuzzy.

20240831_151118.jpg

20240831_151111.jpg

Maybe the microbes took the long weekend off?🤣

I'll feed them tomorrow when the 2 Grandsons go home.

LC-18 Day 35's and 26.

20240831_142251.jpg

I cut the clone branches off the LC-18's and strapped them into a better maniflod shape.

If I decide to clone them I will use side branches right before flip.

20240831_142345.jpg

Miss Sticky. He's/She's a beauty🥰. I completely dismantled the aeroclomer and cleaned it, every jet completely. I want to clone him/her in hopes it's a She.
20240831_142421.jpg

One of it's clone branches. That's a beauty cut. The other side too.

RVDV clones - Day 16 in soil.
20240831_142751.jpg

They are all 2 feet tall or just a bit under.

20240831_142523.jpg

#1. The mother plant to be.

20240831_142645.jpg

#2. Worm bait.

20240831_142706.jpg

#3. More worm bait. May as well let them drain the pots now and get as much worm food as possible.

I took a bunch of inner and lower buds off today for food as well, yours are looking great as usual!

Even if this run doesn't crack 13, don't despair. Once your used soil in a mix is brix 11-ish, now your floor has been raised and getting over 12 becomes easier. Until you are recycling your better brixing soil, you may not break 12.
If you pick the hydroton out this will be fairly decent on the rebuild and getting a 10 brix soil to 13 or above is quite doable next run.
But wouldn't I have a better shot at higher brix using my new soil with better levels of Ca and P than I would with just my base soil from before?

That old soil was just basic 3 parts (old soil, castings and compost, and hydroton) and very little, if any, of the calcium and none of the P's, and the old soil component was more or less the same and I'd image much of the castings and compost portion has long been used up.

So, my thinking is I'd have a better shot at double digit brix starting with my new soil mix than the old given the old stuff's weak sauce attributes.

But wouldn't I have a better shot at higher brix using my new soil with better levels of Ca and P than I would with just my base soil from before?
What I meant was if you were to mix a batch of soil with some low brix used soil vs a batch with higher brix used soil, the one with the higher brix used soil would score higher, so every lap your used soil becomes a better starting point, so if this round doesn't quite, or barely breaks 12, next time you recycle it will be even better. You started at a pretty low point, so it may take a couple laps.
That old soil was just basic 3 parts (old soil, castings and compost, and hydroton) and very little, if any, of the calcium and none of the P's, and the old soil component was more or less the same and I'd image much of the castings and compost portion has long been used up.

So, my thinking is I'd have a better shot at double digit brix starting with my new soil mix than the old given the old stuff's weak sauce attributes.
You definitely would, but once you rebuild from this new mix it will be even better.

You started at a pretty low point, so it may take a couple laps.
I started at 5, but I'd argue that that was an artificially suppressed number because of overly wet soil. Simply drying it out with nothing else done to it raised it to 8 or 10 or something so I think the base mix is capable of 10ish on its own which I assume is my starting point and why I'm optimistic that I should be able to get at least 12 with the additions of Ca and P both to the base mix, as well as through top dressings and teas.

You definitely would, but once you rebuild from this new mix it will be even better.
Got it. And even now, the old soil component has some of the increased Ca levels at least so that should help.

On the topic of calcium, how much of each is in each 2gal pot in this mix? 5tbsp dolomite, 1.5 tbsp gypsum, 1.5 tbsp oyster shell flour?
My mix for the next round is:
3L Old soil
3L Organics (50% dried leaf crumble and then equal parts of castings, compost, and leaf mold)
3L Aeration (I'll stay with perlite for this run)

Amendments
1T prilled dolomite lime
1T powdered dolomite lime
1T oyster Shell flour
1T gypsum
1T comfrey
1T nettle
6T flower crumble
2T malted barley
2T organic rice
2T biochar
3T bone meal
6 worms

The major differences this run are an increase in dry leaf carbon, the addition of bone meal, and a reduction in the amount of biochar included (moving it from an equal part to an amendment). Since P is an important part of high brix and that's something I've given no thought to in the past, I wanted to increase it in this mix with the bone meal and add it into the mix so it is a global input since P is not all that mobile in the soil.

I'm not all that thrilled about using the bone meal but if it works well I may switch to fish bone meal instead of the typical cattle.
I took Rev's mix and scaled it. Sort of. But used the spreadsheet.

There are high levels of calcium in the nettle.

Back
Top Bottom