Isn't the brix supposed to drop out ahead of a storm? Does that mean your trap door isn't opening and you need boron or whatever it was ?

1-3 points doesn't seem like much of a survival effort. Are your plants just mailing it in?

Lazy bastards...
They are kinda lazy aren't they? They really don't do much other than sit there🤣

I'm not sure if they started dropping before I started taking readings.

The big one dropped 5 points which is fairly substantial and the 2nd 3, but the 3rd one only dropped 1 and put on a half point. Interesting. how quickly they moved that sugar.

The inclement weather is supposed to hang around for a few days so I will brix them a few times and see what I get.

I'm fresh outta boron so they're on their own.🤣

That is pretty normal for summer. I only start to stress when the winds are over 100km/h. As Carmen says. They will be feeling right at home.
They looked at home Matt. They folded upwards, again, like an umbrella that flips inside out, and took it straight on the chin without a problem.

The peppers got sheared right off but the ganja didn't seem too upset by it.

I guess the compost bin eats poblano pepper plants today😔

I gave the latest round of tea this morning. This one included some sprouted seed tea in the mix.

The target plant brixed at 7 (down from 8 last time I checked it) with a pretty well defined calcium line so there's some work to be done. The plant has just started to grow vigorously so we'll see what effect this tea will have.

This time I made 3/4 of a gallon in a one gallon pitcher which pretty well maxed it out. Lots of foam but no spill over mess so this will probably be the amount I make going forward. I cut it in half to feed my plants and then diluted the balance into a 5 gallon bucket for the outside plants and my compost pile.

I gave the latest round of tea this morning. This one included some sprouted seed tea in the mix.

The target plant brixed at 7 (down from 8 last time I checked it) with a pretty well defined calcium line so there's some work to be done.
You need to fix that calcium 1st. That alone will raise the brix but more importantly it will give us a better assessment of your soil.
The plant has just started to grow vigorously so we'll see what effect this tea will have.
How long has it been in this pot for?
This time I made 3/4 of a gallon in a one gallon pitcher which pretty well maxed it out. Lots of foam but no spill over mess so this will probably be the amount I make going forward. I cut it in half to feed my plants and then diluted the balance into a 5 gallon bucket for the outside plants and my compost pile.
Yeah Baby! This is your ground zero. You need your inputs and compost to be as high in everything as you can get them. That tea has more value in your plants than your compost pile tho, as healthier plants make better compost, so if you have extra then by all means add it to your compost, but don't short the plants for the compost's sake.

Today is cloudy with intermittent rain but the wind is gone. It's just cold and damp.

20240824_174108.jpg

BK brixed at 12 but her calcium line is a bit better. I never checked her before the storm, but she isn't in Rev's mix or Gaia, just used soil and compost.

20240824_174050.jpg

27 gal 21.5 - 19.5 - 16.5 and today 16.5

20240824_174043.jpg

7 gal1 20.5 - 20 - 17.5 and today 17.5

20240824_174039.jpg

7gal 21 - 19.5 - 20 and today 20

Pretty cool that they are still the same. We have 2 or 3 more days of this weather so I will continue to track it and see if it rises quickly when high pressure rolls back in.

Today is cloudy with intermittent rain but the wind is gone. It's just cold and damp.

20240824_174108.jpg

BK brixed at 12 but her calcium line is a bit better. I never checked her before the storm, but she isn't in Rev's mix or Gaia, just used soil and compost.

20240824_174050.jpg

27 gal 21.5 - 19.5 - 16.5 and today 16.5

20240824_174043.jpg

7 gal1 20.5 - 20 - 17.5 and today 17.5

20240824_174039.jpg

7gal 21 - 19.5 - 20 and today 20

Pretty cool that they are still the same. We have 2 or 3 more days of this weather so I will continue to track it and see if it rises quickly when high pressure rolls back in.
Those outdoor plants are really filling in nicely! When do you anticipate them flowering?

Those outdoor plants are really filling in nicely! When do you anticipate them flowering?
Already shooting pistols so already starting flower :)

You need to fix that calcium 1st. That alone will raise the brix but more importantly it will give us a better assessment of your soil.

How long has it been in this pot for?

Yeah Baby! This is your ground zero. You need your inputs and compost to be as high in everything as you can get them. That tea has more value in your plants than your compost pile tho, as healthier plants make better compost, so if you have extra then by all means add it to your compost, but don't short the plants for the compost's sake.
Reminds me of something I haven’t mentioned yet. If space permits it’s always best to have at least a couple compost piles. My primary garden pile is more evenly layered with browns, greens, bone meal, worms, fresh scraps, etc. My secondary pile is much higher in N even though it shares in all the same inputs, it has much more browns and other material such as leaves and branches etc that are more abundant than what I want my balance to be for primary pile. This works out because in veg I will use more of secondary pile for N, and as I’m watching things progress I can adjust my teas and top dressing based on needs while keeping as much balance as possible. Even better, I have a 3rd and 4th pile - 3 for testing and 4th to make waste useful down the road. Yes, 4 includes animal waste and is only pile that gets that. Current piles are only slightly less than 6 years old and I didn’t even take anything from waste pile until 2023-2024 because I know that I don’t have to worry about any dangerous bacteria or viral content after 4 years or so. Everything makes good compost eventually, even you and I :)

They are starting now but usually it's earlier than this, and they haven't really stretched much yet, but they are starting to pop pistils. I'm getting worried.

I have grown BK a few times outdoors and it is always well into flower by now but not this year. Global warming I guess lol.

We did have lots of fire smoke in July-August this year, normally it hits us more in June and early July. Maybe that can cause later flowering?

The 7gal pots I can easily carry down 3 flights of stairs and into the house if frost rolls in, but that big tote will be a different story.

The year has been extremely sunny until now, so I'm hoping this darker cloudier week gets them flowering harder.

How about yours, how is flower coming?

Reminds me of something I haven’t mentioned yet. If space permits it’s always best to have at least a couple compost piles. My primary garden pile is more evenly layered with browns, greens, bone meal, worms, fresh scraps, etc. My secondary pile is much higher in N even though it shares in all the same inputs, it has much more browns and other material such as leaves and branches etc that are more abundant than what I want my balance to be for primary pile. This works out because in veg I will use more of secondary pile for N, and as I’m watching things progress I can adjust my teas and top dressing based on needs while keeping as much balance as possible. Even better, I have a 3rd and 4th pile - 3 for testing and 4th to make waste useful down the road. Yes, 4 includes animal waste and is only pile that gets that. Current piles are only slightly less than 6 years old and I didn’t even take anything from waste pile until 2023-2024 because I know that I don’t have to worry about any dangerous bacteria or viral content after 4 years or so. Everything makes good compost eventually, even you and I :)
I wish I had room for more compost. I'm in an urban setting for another year or two so 2 composts are all I can manage. I don't eat meat so no animal products go in. My worm farm constantly produces too tho, 4.5 gallons every 2 weeks, which requires all the cutting boards scraps, so over the course of a year that adds up and gives me compost in the winters.

They are starting now but usually it's earlier than this, and they haven't really stretched much yet, but they are starting to pop pistils. I'm getting worried.

I have grown BK a few times outdoors and it is always well into flower by now but not this year. Global warming I guess lol.

We did have lots of fire smoke in July-August this year, normally it hits us more in June and early July. Maybe that can cause later flowering?

The 7gal pots I can easily carry down 3 flights of stairs and into the house if frost rolls in, but that big tote will be a different story.

The year has been extremely sunny until now, so I'm hoping this darker cloudier week gets them flowering harder.

How about yours, how is flower coming?
I figured it was late up in your area, good thing you can move them. Plants are doing great. Starting to stack on some and the tree is finally flowering hard. Saw this butterfly on the OG kush, looked it up and doesn't seem to like cannabis, opinions anyone?
20240824_091620.jpg

Here's the rest of the gang starting with OG kush
20240825_073812.jpg

The IKLWA tree
20240825_073916.jpg

Family portrait
20240825_074832.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone!

I figured it was late up in your area, good thing you can move them. Plants are doing great. Starting to stack on some and the tree is finally flowering hard. Saw this butterfly on the OG kush, looked it up and doesn't seem to like cannabis, opinions anyone?
20240824_091620.jpg

Here's the rest of the gang starting with OG kush
20240825_073812.jpg

The IKLWA tree
20240825_073916.jpg

Family portrait
20240825_074832.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone!
Very Nice G!😍. That OG looks like a good producer, and Ikky is just plain cool😎. When does harvest usually occur down your way?

Back
Top Bottom