Fascinating. I have been dabbling in food choices and nutrition for the past 10 years and stay away from fast and processed foods. Diet is still meat and potatoes and not enough greens I'm sure. In your humble opinion, if one was to keep this same intake but add 1 to 2 cups of soy milk a day to boost calcium, would it have any positive effects? Sounds to good to be true so baby steps for me. So many more questions, but will ask as they come up, thanks for sharing your story, I'm inspired
I will let you decide for yourself, but here is some info I have extrapolated along the way.

For food to be legally labelled as food it must not create a direct nutritional deficiency. What this translates to is it must not require more nutrition to digest than it supplies. Then that gets broken down into sub categories such as minerals and vitamins, calories, etc.

So now lets look at red meat directly and it's relationship with calcium.

If you just ate meat alone the PH fluctuation and resetting will cost you more calcium than meat supplies, so that would be a direct nutritiinal deficiency.

So they either can't call it food, or it must be fortified to the point that it breaks even or adds nourishment.

With cows they make them lick salt blocks to increase thirst, then dump 50 pound bags of calcium into the water trough so when the thirsty cows drink it down they get fortified with calcium. Now when we eat them we get enough calcium with the meat to offset the PH thing.

That sounds great but the end result is when you eat a meal which is supposed to supply you with enough of everything to get you thru to the next meal, the meat only supplies you with enough calcium to digest itself without causing a direct nutritional deficiency.

So living depletes your calcium but the meat meal didn't restore that part, only the calcium required to digest the meat itself. See where this is going?

So fortified soy not only does not cause a direct nutritional deficiency, it gets you some in the bank for life to use.

It's really not what food supplies on the nutritional label that matters, it's how big is the net positive gain that matters.

Since I haven't had my stuff lab tested the figures I use for the various elements come from a book called "The Regenerative Growers Guide to Garden Amendments" by Nigel Palmer. In it he goes into detail on the why's and how's of plant extracts, including those using brown sugar, water, vinegar, and alcohol. The plants he had tested are not my plants so there's a bit of blind faith that the numbers for my same plants will be similar.

In the back of the book he has tables showing the ppm's of various plants and their makeups.

I use 2:1 comfrey to nettle which gives me the following which I compare to both fish and dandelion which are more common inputs in the gardening world:

.................................P.............K..........Ca..........Mg..........Fe.........Si...........S.............Cl...........Na.........Al..
Fish (FAA)...........836.8......1,013....718.8.......105.7.....2.57.....0.29....127.2......1,000.....109.3.......1.31

Comfrey(x2).......270.8.......1,025....31.52......34.15.....2.06.....15.4......8.32............80.......0.58......0.31
S.Nettle...............35.34..........376.......861.........141.....1.57.....24.6.....70.17.....1,050.......0.55........0.9
(av).....................192.3.......808.7.....308.0......69.8.....1.9......18.5....28.9........403.3.....0.6.......0.5

Dandelion.............128..........485........143.......53.4......3.17.......28.......33.5......1,340.......3.25.......2.51

I've never paid much attention to ppm or ec but for a plant based concoction it seems to compare pretty well with the highly thought of fish and also the commonly used dandelion.

Compared to fish it's generally about half to two thirds of the values and generally better on many fronts than dandelion. Fish can burn your plants so i figure having lower values of things like calcium may be a good thing.

P is lower for me which is why I add flowers to my crumbles, but overall I think the numbers stack up pretty well compared to the standard of fish. So, I don't have a frame of reference to determine "adequate amounts" but we know fish works pretty well and top dressing with these crumbles produces healthy looking plants so they seem to meet the bare minimums required, though my low brix levels certainly indicate there's room for improvement.
This is cool stuff Azi. Maybe you should make a small batch to the best of your informational ability, then grow a plant in it and test both brix and calcium, as well as watch for deficiency, then build another small batch with needed adjustments, rinse and repeat, and see where it goes.

I think by batch #4 you will be there, and in between have wonderful opportunity to try your potions.

I will let you decide for yourself, but here is some info I have extrapolated along the way.

For food to be legally labelled as food it must not create a direct nutritional deficiency. What this translates to is it must not require more nutrition to digest than it supplies. Then that gets broken down into sub categories such as minerals and vitamins, calories, etc.

So now lets look at red meat directly and it's relationship with calcium.

If you just ate meat alone the PH fluctuation and resetting will cost you more calcium than meat supplies, so that would be a direct nutritiinal deficiency.

So they either can't call it food, or it must be fortified to the point that it breaks even or adds nourishment.

With cows they make them lick salt blocks to increase thirst, then dump 50 pound bags of calcium into the water trough so when the thirsty cows drink it down they get fortified with calcium. Now when we eat them we get enough calcium with the meat to offset the PH thing.

That sounds great but the end result is when you eat a meal which is supposed to supply you with enough of everything to get you thru to the next meal, the meat only supplies you with enough calcium to digest itself without causing a direct nutritional deficiency.

So living depletes your calcium but the meat meal didn't restore that part, only the calcium required to digest the meat itself. See where this is going?

So fortified soy not only does not cause a direct nutritional deficiency, it gets you some in the bank for life to use.

It's really not what food supplies on the nutritional label that matters, it's how big is the net positive gain that matters.
That's just crazy. Seems like our food and medical industries have been designed to work together. Bastards. 😡

It is curious that the US has thousands of versions of processed food products that are outright banned in other countries.

Our government hates us. :confused:

Maybe I'll try almond milk as I'm not allergic to nuts and weight loss is thankfully not something I worry about but we could probably all be a bit healthier.

Here's an interesting dietary anecdote. I have an autoimmune disease which causes my body to react to foods I'm allergic to, to treat them as a threat and it responds by sending cells to wall off the offending food particles with a spider web type structure. Unfortunately these structures are not reabsorbed by the body and therefore they build up over time. Because this happens in my esophagus and the tube narrows and narrows with subsequent incidences, I gradually lose the ability to pass foods into my stomach.

Our famed medical community has two treatments for this. First is a procedure where they stuff a ballon-type instrument down your throat and then inflate it which destroys the web-like structure and you're good to go for a while until the structures rebuild and it becomes necessary to have the procedure again. Insurance companies have stopped covering this procedure since it can permanently tear your esophagus causing even worse issues.

So, their Plan B is steroids since the body's reaction is an inflammatory one and steroids are great for reducing inflammation. However, if you talk to any doctor not connected with treating this issue, everyone of them will tell you that treating a long term chronic issue with steroids is really bad because of the damage that steroids do you your body over time.

BUT, do you know what else is good for reducing inflammation? That's right, cannabinoids. Especially CBD. And no side effects that I'm aware of, at least in the doses I'm taking. But also no reoccurring money flow for the medical machine which is probably just a coincidence as to why it's not an available treatment.

However, since I began taking CBD I've been able to live a normal life and even eat the foods that once triggered my issues which is a good thing since the list of foods I'm allergic to includes grains like wheat and oats, and legumes like peas, beans and soy, and when the stuctures got built I then couldn't pass more dense solid foods like meats and things. Not a lot of food alternatives under that scenario.

I think what is said about cannabinoids working to bring the body back to homeostasis is 100% on point as the CBD is literally the only significant thing that's changed in my life from those days so my body is now working more properly. I also sleep better.

Dr William Courtney was an early pioneer in using the acidic, raw form of the cannabinoids to treat a whole host of chronic health issues, and has stated that everyone should be consuming raw cannabis in their diets as an essential dietary supplement. He advocates for juicing the fresh leaves.

So the moral of this story is your diet is important and listening to the interconnections @Gee64 is explaining connects a lot of seemingly unconnected dots.
If it were me I would become an expert on the human endocannabinoid system and cater to it. If CBD helps that suggests to me that your endocannibanoid system isn't functioning properly so phytocannabinoids supplement you. Thats just a guess but you need a starting point.

This sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear this❤️😪👊

If it were me I would become an expert on the human endocannabinoid system and cater to it. If CBD helps that suggests to me that your endocannibanoid system isn't functioning properly so phytocannabinoids supplement you. Thats just a guess but you need a starting point.

This sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear this❤️😪👊
Ha! Thanks Gee, but CBD has been quite the potent treatment for me and my issues are mostly behind me as long as I keep it up.

I've researched and tried various ways to ingest it and am currently exploring Water Soluble Cannabis Powder along with @Lady Cannafan after she posted a link to a recipe article from one of our sponsors.

The powder is water soluble and is supposed to be  much more bioavail to the body. The article states that normal canna uptake can be as low as 4% bioavailable whereas the powder could be more like 60%. That's a big difference, and even if we assume both of those are outliers, if a more normal result might be 10% for typical use and say 40% for the water soluble powder, that would suggest one would need only a quarter of what's typical for a standard dose, or for those using cannabis to fight cancer or other issues, the same dose could be much more potent leading to longer lasting stash times or more people helped by a given harvest.

The learning never stops with this hobby! :thumb:

Hey Gee, what do I do with the stuff left at the bottom here? Do I just refill with water or dump that out gray stuff and start fresh?
PXL_20240803_181253702.jpg

So I'm planning on putting together my soil for my next up pot in about 6-8 weeks. I'm planning on doing the Gaia Green amending and ewc. Is it an option to to add the dolomite lime into it or will it not be enough time to start breaking down? I'm planning on adding in the soil from my current grow but that will only probably be able to cook together for a couple of weeks because it's still going for two more weeks.

Hey Gee, what do I do with the stuff left at the bottom here? Do I just refill with water or dump that out gray stuff and start fresh?
PXL_20240803_181253702.jpg
I just toss it. I think it's actually little specks of calcium carbonate that they prill the quick release around.

I try to stir it up every use to get as much as possible into the doseages but it sinks quick so no matter how hard you try there is always some left at the bottom.

Looks like it's flower time here in SoCal. First Pic is OG Kush pushing out flowers now. Threw the palm tree in for you Gee
20240804_102827.jpg

Second pic is a Chocobang starting to show
20240804_102902.jpg

Here is a spider putting in work that caught a worm
20240804_102919.jpg

Plants in bloom are all indicas. Guess the sativas take the longest, will update when they pop. Happy Sunday Gee and company, back to coffee and music, enjoy

Looks like it's flower time here in SoCal. First Pic is OG Kush pushing out flowers now. Threw the palm tree in for you Gee
20240804_102827.jpg

Second pic is a Chocobang starting to show
20240804_102902.jpg

Here is a spider putting in work that caught a worm
20240804_102919.jpg

Plants in bloom are all indicas. Guess the sativas take the longest, will update when they pop. Happy Sunday Gee and company, back to coffee and music, enjoy
Hey G👊. Happy Sunday right back at ya!
The Gals are looking good😊❤️.

We should be seeing the flower begin here pretty quick too. Thanks for sharing and yeah, I do love that palm🤣😍

Gotta love flower season!

Well we got home earlier today and I was greeted with this.

20240804_135734.jpg

The 3 programmers loved the week of 100F and not getting any water never even affected them in the slightest. This one sat out in the blazing sun Sunrise to Sunset.

20240804_135729.jpg

This one and the one below, both in the 7gal cubes were against a wall that shaded them from about 2pm onwards to sunset.

20240804_135723.jpg

20240804_135745.jpg

The eggplants didn't fare as well, but they are recovering.

20240804_135719.jpg

And the BK manifolder was really wilted.

20240804_151330.jpg

But some water and 1 hour 16 minutes later and she was fine again.

She did yellow a few lower leaves tho, but once stretch hits she will get delarfed again anyways so no big deal.

I'm leaning towards maybe programming does toughen them up.

RVDV clones - Day 65 of Flower.
20240804_140333.jpg

Well it's safe to say they got successfully droughted🤣.

20240804_140356.jpg

On the other hand they are pushing out huge flushes of pistils still.

I'm going to flower these ones until they stop flushing, regardless of trich color. I want to see where it goes.

20240804_140351.jpg

I have some clean-up to do apparently.

20240804_140415.jpg

Days 9, 9, and 7 for the 2 LC's and Miss Sticky, so I'm going to split the difference and call it Day 8.

20240804_140259.jpg

20240804_140228.jpg

LC-18 tall pheno.

20240804_140208.jpg

LC-18 short pheno.

20240804_140218.jpg

Miss Sticky, or perhaps Mr Sticky.

20240804_140241.jpg

And 1 of the Durbans I planted in the LC solo that didn't sprout sprouted, but so did the LC. It looks like Day 2 for the DP and I had to remove a helmet from LC. LC is easy to distinguish because they are microscopic when they sprout. LC is a Whorled Phylotaxy Mutant 😎. Oh yeah, here we go again🤣 The DP will get culled.

20240804_140247.jpg

And no DP or a 2nd Miss Sticky yet in this cup.

Well we got home earlier today and I was greeted with this.

20240804_135734.jpg

The 3 programmers loved the week of 100F and not getting any water never even affected them in the slightest. This one sat out in the blazing sun Sunrise to Sunset.

20240804_135729.jpg

This one and the one below, both in the 7gal cubes were against a wall that shaded them from about 2pm onwards to sunset.

20240804_135723.jpg

20240804_135745.jpg

The eggplants didn't fare as well, but they are recovering.

20240804_135719.jpg

And the BK manifolder was really wilted.

20240804_151330.jpg

But some water and 1 hour 16 minutes later and she was fine again.

She did yellow a few lower leaves tho, but once stretch hits she will get delarfed again anyways so no big deal.

I'm leaning towards maybe programming does toughen them up.
Nah Gee man, they are African. Errything African is built tough a.f. Just ask Matt Sativa! I will need proper proof that "programing" is a thing.
Welcome back @Gee64 . Glad to see the plants have confirmed they are indeed called weed for a reason!
Weeds. African Weeds!

Back
Top Bottom